With my health problems for future references how will I know?

If I'm pregnant? NO I DONT THINK IM PREGNANT ONE WEEK AFTER SEX (just so it doesn't get misinterpreted lol)

But:

I have nausea all the time sometimes I throw up because of my sinuses but past few days my tablets don't seem to be having as much of an effect

I'm on the pill and you can still have periods on it (although I only started yesterday after an accidental 3 week break due to factory error and being ill) without my pill I wouldn't be able to tell if a period was missed because before it I could go months with no period then had 2 lasting about 2-3 weeks each within 6 weeks

Due to the problem im having with my boobs my nipples are very sensitive and sore (lack of pill doesn't help)

Now I'm not saying I'm pregnant but I've never thought of how I'll actually know as I've always been a virgin.

We were protected but somewhere in between sex and removal of the condom he ended up with cum on his top (we both left our tops on) I'm 99% sure it was in fully on the way in but I can't remember it might've been on its way off a bit on the way out it might've just been from when he took it off he's caught himself with it. He doesn't know either.

Thing is if it split a tiny bit or was on the way off and some did enter me I wouldn't feel it if it's only a small amount would I? plus when I put my thong back on there was white that could've been from either of us though.

Obviously you can't tell you're pregnant a week after sex I'm just saying what should I look out for as I already have the typical pregnancy signs from other health problems lol

If you're worried, but yourself an early detecting pregnancy test, and do it as soon as it advises you can. It's really the only thing that will put your mind at rest, because as you say, a lot of the symptoms, you already experience. And panicking and worrying will likely aggravate those symptoms anyway

Foxxy wrote:

If you're worried, but yourself an early detecting pregnancy test, and do it as soon as it advises you can. It's really the only thing that will put your mind at rest, because as you say, a lot of the symptoms, you already experience. And panicking and worrying will likely aggravate those symptoms anyway

I agree . 100% accurate no if or buts. Just get tested will put your mind at rest .

It's too late now but after you'd done the deed/next morning you could have gone to your nearest chemist and got the morning after pill. for now i would echo foxxy's adive get yourself a few early detection pregnancy tests they might be a bit pricey but if they put your mind at ease that's money well spent

Sometimes you just know. Looking out for body changes (I know your health issues highlight some of the symptoms, making this harder). Opinions of foods and smells could change (cravings).
You were safe so it isn't likely, but not impossible. Id definitely recommend getting a test to put your mind at rest if nought else. We're all here for you hunni *♡*xx

Oh hun, great question. If in doubt test. I spent many funds over the years on the pee on a stick early detectors but the peace of mind was priceless.

Best wishes :)

I'm prone to worrying and I also had pretty much no periods for years due to health so I used to buy pregnancy tests in bulk online. They are really cheap if you buy wholesale 😂

Really though, if you use contraception properly, the risk is low. Still, if you don't have a period for over a month (even if that's normal for you) buy a pregnancy test or get down to a GUM clinic/GP for a free test. It's better to have peace of mind.

Get a test asap. The pill is not 100% safe anyway and as you've had a break from it, it can cause your body to become 'confused'. A test will give you a definite answer xx

Condoms don't just split a tiny bit, if it broke you would know because it would have been very visably obvious. It does sound more like some spilled out the end of it as he took it off. If enough got on his shirt to be noticeable, I'd say you would've felt it go on you too if it had. Not trying to brush off your worry here, just trying to reassure you a bit! I know it's hard not to be scared when everyone bangs on about 'it only takes one sperm' but really, you'd have to actually have an egg ready to fertilize (which only live around 24hours inside you) and the sperm would have had to have been placed far enough inside you to make the swim/survive long enough for an egg to appear, plus not be washed away with pee/wiped away with tissue. It's not a certainty that an accident will equal a pregnancy.

Morning sickness is totally different to any other kind of sickness, in my experience. Sometimes you don't get any nausea, you just boke without warning and it's baffling. Sometimes you get a constant nausea that isn't relieved by vomiting, this nausea feels totally different to any other kind of nausea I've experienced. So with your health problems I'd say you'd have reason to suspect you were pregnant because you would feel ill in a different way than usual, if that makes sense?

Plus the exhaustion. You feel 'wrong'. It's not like when you're overtired, or when you're fatigued from stress/depression/whatever. It's a whole new level of feeling off. It's a bit hard to explain, but again it's quite obviously different from other causes of exhaustion (even for a first pregnancy when you don't know what to look for).

I'd say put it to the back of your mind for now (so you don't start giving yourself pregnancy symptoms through looking for them) and then do a test in 2-3 weeks just to put your mind at rest :)

Thanks guys I might wait a little while it's only been a week today since having sex. With my body I have a habit of dramatically going off of food too like for weeks I could eat everything and still be hungry then for months I'll scarcely eat because my appetite has vanished.

I know about the morning after pill but didn't think much of it until the last day or two where my symptoms have been worse (it's very very rare that my anti sickness tablets won't work) my boobs have been sore and sensitive on and off for weeks now so that doesn't surprise me.

I know the pill isn't guaranteed as well and I know condom wise it's unlikely but the fact is he managed to get it on his top and thinking about it I don't think it was fully on on the way out it's hard to say his top was in the way

Thing is I was wet down there anyway and was too busy caught up in what we were doing I probably wouldn't have noticed haha yeah I plan on waiting a little while first in hoping it's just as he was taking it off all I remember was seeing it sagging and filled up then he was holding it like where should I put this? I must've blinked and missed when he took it off I'm just wondering in general.

My sickness does get that bad where I'm literally like that and even vomiting doesn't always stop it

Kirsty I'm in a similar situation to you. I'm on the mini pill and that means I have no periods so I wouldn't have any obvious symptoms.

i went online a few years ago and bought a load of pregnancy tests for cheap. I know they are OK as they are the same ones used by the nhs. I do a test once a month just to put my mind at rest.

I've had too many scares to count, I cant go on birth control because of other problems and my period is never ever on time, I often feel sick, get sore boobs and get cravings for varoius foods :P

Like JM88 I've got some pregnancy test cassetes from my old job in the hospital, and take one once a month. That way I can live my life without worrying too much.

I would take one next week as you clearly need some reassurance that you either are/aren't pregnant, and stock up on some tests so if you do become regularly sexually active you can test each month. xx

I pretty much echo what everyone else is saying. If you think it would be difficult to detect a pregnancy based on your existing health issues and medication, then stock up on pregnancy tests to take as a precaution. I bought a pack of 15 high sensitivity strips (10mlU, the same as the expensive early detection ones) for about £3 online when I was trying to conceive again, as my previous pregnancy showed no symptoms and I didn't miss a period, so I had no idea. Luckily this time I had tonnes of symptoms and never got my period, but it was good to have a back up (and they came in handy for obsessively testing in the first few weeks of pregnancy to check it was still real haha).

Symptom wise, as Lovebirds said its not just nausea/sickness you should look out for, as not all pregnant women experience that anyway. I knew I was pregnant a few days before my missed period this time as I felt inexplicably exhausted, I was peeing non stop, I had cold/flu symptoms (which a friend of mine had before getting her BFP too), my boobs hurt a lot more than normal, and I had menstrual cramps for ages without any bleeding. You could also look out for any darkening of the nipples, or a change in size. Mine darkened and became larger quite early on. Any change to your normal discharge pattern could also indicate pregnancy, I.e. If you're normally fairly dry before your period and you suddenly have loads of discharge (creamy, watery, mucousy, whatever really) it's worth testing, as pregnancy hormones cause an increase in discharge.

I also agree with Lovebirds in the sense that morning sickness (or any time sickness as they should call it) does feel different. Plenty of times I've vomited without any warning at all, which wouldn't normally happen, or felt nauseous all day without being able to vomit.

But yeah, all that aside, some people don't get any early pregnancy symptoms at all so testing routinely is probably your best bet :)

Thanks everyone I don't think I'm pregnant it's just the other day I was in work and sickness hit me so hard even though I'd taken the tablets already I had a little panic then started remembering how he ended up with it on his top and I was so busy caught up in the moment I don't recall if it was on fully when we were finished all I really remember was seeing it full and thinking how hot it was.

To be fair I gushed like three times after and peed twice even later on so i there was any it was probably "washed away" in effect lol

Oh and I always get phantom smells, tastes and I get cravings too at point my symptoms were so bad my mate thought I had phantom pregnancy

I'm not sure if it helps, but recently I fell pregnant (accidentally) and knew something was up when I went to brush my teeth and felt sick at the thought of the toothbrush. I already have another child so knew that something was up as I had the same issue when expecting my son. My husband also noticed my sex drive was above the bar of my normally already high sex drive and he said he'd noticed little changes in me. A pregnancy test confirmed it. It was 3-4 weeks since conception (5-6 weeks pregnant since lmp). Unfortunately, I miscarried the same week I found out I was pregnant. :(

I'm so sorry to hear that FunTimeFancy I'm certain im not pregnant it just got me wondering how I'd be able to detect it when I already have so many of the symptoms haha

I'm so sorry to hear that FunTimeFancy I'm certain im not pregnant it just got me wondering how I'd be able to detect it when I already have so many of the symptoms haha

😐 ok now I'm worrying a teeny bit I was a sick a few times in a few days (tiny bits just into my mouth not you know outwards sorry TMI) don't think I've come down with something as I was only sick the other week. It's only been a week you can't know that soon surely?!