Dont know if to start worrying or not?

hi everyone,

Well, not so much as worrying, more like thinking.

The last time my period started was on the 10th of last month which was a Saturday. i had sex a couple of days after my period, we did use a condom. But not sure if that worked or not due to recent symptoms ive been having that i havent experienced before. Last week i had period pains for a few hours as i normally do when i come on but was confused that i didnt come on, which would be extremely early if i did anyway.

But i have come on today (wednesday) which is a week early. I've been having dizzy spells, feeling tired and couldnt get to sleep last night and been wanting to pee a little more often. and i havent been on the pill for over a year.

If its not pregnancy, it could be stress but i have been stressed before this has never happened then and been thinking it might be water infection but most of the symptoms dont add up to that?

anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

It could also be an STI so best get checked out, better safe and all that jazz X

how heavy is your period? is it clotting, is it bright red blood or brown blood? if it's brown, then i would say there is a high chance of pregnancy, if bright red, with clots, i'd say it's stress.

However, stressing about a possibility of being ooregnant, can actually puty our body in motion, to act like it's pregnant.

I'd wait til your period is over, get a preg test kit (not digi, get the normal ones) and test first thing in the morning, if it helps ease your mind

Hi,

If i presume your period was 7 days, plus the couple of days after you would have had sex on roughly Calender day 9. You ovulate around calender day 14, so therefore the sperm would not have been able to meet the egg, and of course taking into account the fact you used a condom it is highly unlikely you are pregnant.

It could very well be stress aswell as other thing such as:

• a cold
  • sickness and diorhea (sp)
  • any new medications or anti-biotics
  • a big change in your diet
  • a big change in your exercise routine (doing more or less)

If how ever you are pregnant, being a week early there would not be enough HCG in your urine, until 5 days time. So if I was you, Take a test around next Tuesday. If you can, do a Clearblue digital test, this will be more accurate, and if you are a few days early in testing for whatever reason it will pick it up. It also stop's all the twisting and turning of the test trying to look for a line, and wondering is it there or not. It will flash "pregnant (and how many weeks from conception) or "not pregnant".

If you can just jot down all the symptoms and the date you've had them on a calender so you can compare to next month. It is not at all unusual to have odd "crazy" periods.

Hope that helps

Bex12345 wrote:

Hi,

If i presume your period was 7 days, plus the couple of days after you would have had sex on roughly Calender day 9. You ovulate around calender day 14, so therefore the sperm would not have been able to meet the egg, and of course taking into account the fact you used a condom it is highly unlikely you are pregnant.

It could very well be stress aswell as other thing such as:

• a cold
  • sickness and diorhea (sp)
  • any new medications or anti-biotics
  • a big change in your diet
  • a big change in your exercise routine (doing more or less)

If how ever you are pregnant, being a week early there would not be enough HCG in your urine, until 5 days time. So if I was you, Take a test around next Tuesday. If you can, do a Clearblue digital test, this will be more accurate, and if you are a few days early in testing for whatever reason it will pick it up. It also stop's all the twisting and turning of the test trying to look for a line, and wondering is it there or not. It will flash "pregnant (and how many weeks from conception) or "not pregnant".

If you can just jot down all the symptoms and the date you've had them on a calender so you can compare to next month. It is not at all unusual to have odd "crazy" periods.

Hope that helps

Even though the idea of using Clearblue digital tests is fab, they actually come up with false results. Most women have ended up getting false positives with them (just research online for reviews) which leads them to think they had an early miscarriage and find out there where never pregnant in the first place. If you are looking for early results, as you are worried I would recommend First Response, or even a cheaper test.

Like others have said it could be a cold, or something. If you are still worried about it, got to your doctos and get checked out. :)

hiI haveto agree with everyone else...stress, changes in daily living espically with christmas,brewing a few extra germs such as a cold or bug etc can all effect our bodies.

If you still feeloff soon go and see yourgp or clinicj.

Hope you feel better soon xx

good news is that you can have a pregnancy test in a week or so and calm down.

Ok maybe im worrying a bit but we did have a bit of difficulty with the condom. i will wait until after my period and see how i feel. Thanks all x

Don't worry until the test, many chemists will do the test for you for approx £6. Also peeing more would not happen this early, I had twins and it still took till 5 months before I was peeing like a race horse. Feeling tired is also a bit early, the dizzy spells are bang on the money though. I'm sure it will all be fine but if you are pregnant, congratulations and good luck x

clear blue tests/digi tests aren't that good tbh and are not that sensitive. You'd be best of with a normal stores own brand or first response test

if you're paranoid (as I was) you can buy the "standardised" strips that they use in GP surgeries (i.e. without the fancy plastic casing) on ebay as cheap as chips - i mean at about 10p per test.

Something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRIVATE-15-x-10-mIU-PREGNANCY-TEST-TESTS-VERY-CHEAP-/370143667648?pt=UK_Health_HealthCare_RL&hash=item562e4825c0#ht_2338wt_1064

HellsBells72 wrote:

if you're paranoid (as I was) you can buy the "standardised" strips that they use in GP surgeries (i.e. without the fancy plastic casing) on ebay as cheap as chips - i mean at about 10p per test.

Something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRIVATE-15-x-10-mIU-PREGNANCY-TEST-TESTS-VERY-CHEAP-/370143667648?pt=UK_Health_HealthCare_RL&hash=item562e4825c0#ht_2338wt_1064

I always forget about ebay, I used ebay for some a few years ago, it was so simple and the seller was very helpful =)

Hello,

stress can do a lot of mess. Once I was sooo stressed I did not get my period for 2 months almost and I was in pain for almost a month. Not pregnant, no STD, just my body was so stressed that it could not cope and the natural processes stopped. I can still get late now when I am under stress and I am generally in more pain when it happens. My friend on contrast can be early if under stress.

But it can be pregnancy and even an early miscarrige too - these sometimes look like menstruation at the wrong time. I guess that you can give a pregnancy test a try and see how well it goes.

Bex:

Not true. Some women dont ovulate round the day 14. Some can do just after menstruation. Or few days before. And some can more than once in one circle.

sorry if this is a bit long but need to get things off my chest even if it means rabbiting on.....

I'm so scared about finding out if im pregnant by him. I am not sure if this guy is playing games with me or not. One time i want to talk to him we will have a chat, and another time when i need to talk to him then he dont want to and he wont answer my calls or texts. But then a few days or a week later he will want me to phone him or whatever and i always fall for it. He has looked into my eyes and said hes not got a girlfriend but on his facebook it says hes in a relationship where she lives(and her family) in england and we're in wales and ive seen them talking on there on someones status where they seem as if they're together and his bro also says he's not with her.

At the moment im still living with my ex figuring out what to do and been a bit lost with this pregnancy thing so i havent been able to move out yet.

Another thing thats bugs me with this fella is that say i ask him if he wants to come up on a certain day cos the ex is going away he normally replies straight away and is keen. But this time he hasnt replied, but he has took his time and let me know nearer to the time. The waiting really bugs me especially when he doesnt talk. We were sending sex texts on saturday and all of a sudden it stopped and not heard from him since obviously i didnt say anything wrong in the sex texts. So i am trying to lure him to see me, so i can then be able to ask questions again. if i threaten to tell her about it, he thinks im joking and wont answer cos i threatened him before with something else and then it gets forgotten about in my head and hes got me again. When he wants me he bugging me wants to know whats wrong. i probably send him too many texts or something to ask whats up and it probably annoys him but his fault cos i dont understand why he has stopped texting just like that or answer my calls.

i feel we've done the 'deed' and i have somehow fallen for him, but he dont half make me worry. which is not good for my health especially if i am pregnant.

I started to pack my bags yesterday and started crying as well so i dunno if i still got feelings for my ex as well or not. As i been ill today, i havent eaten much he been helping me and made me some toast. he still cares for me. But he doesnt do it for me in bed anymore it was like that for a while before i met this new guy. But this new guy does it for me better than any other guy i been with.

I am all confused and messed up, not sure what to do now. but thank you for listening.

Hells bells, thank you for the link i never thought of that they looks much easier to dispose of and can take a few tests. but not sure if i can order them at the moment while im still living with my ex cos he'll wonder what i ordered.