Changes you've made this year that you'll carry on

Kindness is a wonderful thing

5 Likes

@Fizzy where would you go to ?

1 Like

@WillC I know what you mean mate a little kindness goes along way :+1::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Anywhere! I just want to go abroad again i last went when I was 18 im now in my mid 30s. I was going to Turkey this year with my parents and brother but that got cancelled. Next year I’m hoping to go with my boyfriend and step son and also a little getaway with just me and my boyfriend but we will see what happens

4 Likes

Hoping to be in my new flat by new year, so new beginnings. Been incredibly ill all year and spent 95% of it isolated and in bed, therefore lost a lot of muscle function, so my priority is physiotherapy that I did last year.
I’m desperate to get back to swimming, I’ve really missed that this year.

7 Likes

Look forward to being with people I love and can’t see and hug. Spend more time with them and make up for wasted time.

Can’t wait to go travelling again and see warm sunshine. Try to spend less time working and more time doing the important things with the important people in my life.

Fingers crossed we can all get our lives back in 2021 and keep doing the positive things and leave the nagatuve things behind!:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Let’s hope so @Buzboy

2 Likes

We plan to Go Outside. :rofl: Sorry, couldn’t help that one.

7 Likes

@MyDeviantVirtue what’s stopping you going outside now? We are all in lock down not locked up ???

1 Like

Going to write 21 on dates instead of 20.

3 Likes

Can take the new born (14months) on family holiday, maybe not abroad but at least somewhere in Ireland. She had heart op in June, so lockdown helped her recovery cos nobody could get near her lol. Now it’s time for us to relax and have fun.

3 Likes

@AFudge that may not work to well for you ? 21 for every day/ month ? You might need to re think that and put it correctly 2021 hope that this helps I know it may difficult to get the hang of but try it :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

As others have said, the basic stuff I used to take totally for granted, like seeing all my family at the same time.
I hope to keep hold of the greater sense of perspective I’ve developed because of Covid, what stuff is important, and what isn’t. Trying to spend my time more constructively (she says typing on a forum!)

4 Likes

Loarn hew to ude spillchock.
:keyboard:

7 Likes

That wood werk wel @PleasureDrone :+1:

2 Likes

So I’ve realised that I actually feel really guilty for all the times that I’ve gone to work really ill, and potentially spread it to other people. While I’m not about to start phoning in sick for a cold (I’ve had one day’s absence in 5 years) I think I will actually take to wearing a face mask when etc when I’m not feeling well even when they’re no longer mandatory

4 Likes

is it just me or is it amazing that a chicken can jump straight up in the air ? we also got some veg in this year and id really like to try that every year need to make time for it work life balance is something ive allways struggled with

1 Like

Yep, I’ve heard quite a few people say the same so hopefully we’ll have fewer heroes sharing their colds/bugs. Win win for everything

3 Likes

I’m hoping this will produce permanent changes. People had stopped being wary of infectious disease. I hope people have learned that good hygiene is important all the time, and will save the misery of colds etc.

3 Likes

Unfortunately while I agree with the idea And sentiment, this has really dropped off as the pandemic has rolled on. Through personal experience and reviewing the information provided within the health sector, this has shown that the early concern for each other, through hygiene, social distancing and mask wearing (correctly) etc has dropped dramatically as time as gone on. If you have been in the unfortunate position of asking people to do these things on a daily basis and seeing their reactions and responses then you will know. We are still in the teeth of the second spike and the compliance and consideration for others is dropping quickly so unfortunately I see a return to ‘normal’ with this when we are vaccinated and people think it has ‘gone away‘! So hopefully we will get some benefit with regards to colds/flu/winter vomiting bugs this winter but I don’t believe we will see a permanent change in people’s behaviour :cry: I genuinely hope I am proved wrong, but…

All we can do is be proactive and do the right thing ourselves and hope enough of us are sensible to reduce these viruses, bugs, etc

Take care people And stay safe

1 Like