New Years Resolutions

We are nearly 3 months in to the year and I imagine most peoples new year resolutions may have slipped a little (or perhaps a lot)

Did anyone set any, and more importantly are you still sticking to it ?

I had a few, I quit smoking, really cut back on alcohol and aimed to loose weight through dieting and exercising. As I stand today I can say I've not had a cigarette, alcohol consumption is right down (maybe 4 cans of guiness a week tops) and I've dropped 2 stone and 9lbs (and down to 20% body fat) so feeling much better overall. Aiming to drop another 9lbs and I'll be at my target weight.

This post is no longer available.

I always make the same one.......to be nice to everyone.

This year was no different and as usual someone really p****d me off within a couple of days and that was the end of that ! Lol xx

lol Terri. You're onto a loser with that one!

I decided to lose weight last year after getting 11st 8lb mixed up with 11.8 stones. I lost 1 stone before christmas and have managed to keep the weight off. Couple small changes in lifestyle: trying to do a little exercise everyday; eating less sugar; and eat (usually) controlled portions.

I don't think I'm going to lose any more weight but hopefully keep it around 10.8. I have put on a little muscle - still a while before I get the abs ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Muscle is heavier than fat, remember that if you're toning etc I made a NYR years ago to never make one again...still going strong

I didnt make one but beginning of last year (around March time)I promised myself I’d get in the best possible shape I can for my wedding which is this November, I’ve stuck to that, I track everything I eat and go to the gym 5 times a week at least

Good work D&E, great to have something to use.to push you. MrL, I hit 16.4 at Christmas and today am down to 13.6 so feeling pretty happy. High 12's is my target as I'm quite tall and realistically if I was 10 something I'd be very underweight.

My resolution was to submit more creative writing to journals for publication. Which I did and got lucky a couple of times. But I really hit a wall in February and didn't recover. I still try to write bi-weekly. Submissions are less often.

YoungEssexCouple - Awesome! Keep up the good work!