Chat Room / Private Messaging

I fear we are perceived as potential bunny boilers Studders old man, don't mean that just a figure of speech. We can sit here banging on about how sane and rational we are but how the hell do you prove it....who would take the chance. We will probably have a better idea when private messaging comesin, find out then l am billy no mates, but l should get through it.

Tallboy

Tallboy, after your sunday afternoon insanity rant in a different thread about 'Simon Utterthwaite-Gasbender formerly of Crudington's Comprehensive Accrington Stanley' and the 'Chorley Cake Chucking Team' you're gonna have a devil of a time proving just how sane and rational you claim to be

But then, we wouldn't want you any other way - keep it <ahem> up!

............did l say that ha ha.....yes l did but it's all relative !!!

Tallboy

There is a Facebook friends thread, and Facebook has a PM and chat option available, also a lot of people are on Twitter, as are LoveHoney themselves.

Also you can find out more about individual OA soldiers on the Orgasm Army Bloggers thread to follow their lives/interests through this medium if you so wish

xxx

Quite happy with the forum the way it is. I can see the benefits but I think a private message facility will encourage a lot of traffic from users of the 'how yoo doin'' kind.

The only drawback I can see with either option is that its going to attract possible freaks.

Chat would need to be moderated to some extent as a protection to all users from any abuse etc

Private messaging would have the potential to attract less choice members to start sending messages that are against the spirit/rules of the forums "fancy a shag" type messages etc etc

There's many on here who from what I've seen would make good mods for chatrooms should they ever happen but lovehoney would also need some kind of terms and conditions of service and a clearly defined complaints process and moderation team in place

As it seems to be in the cards, I would advise making it an option to block all messages for users, before it's requested. Although I'm sure that goes without saying.

Of the two ideas I think the chat option would offer another level of discussion. One-to-one's seem a bit pointless when there are social networking sites and such for that sort of marlake. That said it could be a faff having to moderate the chat room.

There is another fairly well know sex toy sight that has a chat room and I do think it would be a rather nice idea but like I think others have sugested ppl could be pestered by those looking for more than just a chin wag :S

Puppies77 wrote:

There is another fairly well know sex toy sight that has a chat room and I do think it would be a rather nice idea but like I think others have sugested ppl could be pestered by those looking for more than just a chin wag :S

Another good point is that because there are so many similar sites LH stands out by just having a regulated forum. It's a great selling point for the LoveHoney community that makes it far more friendlier and encourages a lot users who may not be comfortable with chat and messaging services.Even though they could opt out of the services they may not like the associations these will bring to LH.

Belonging to an informative discussion group has a different vibe to a site that you might feel is a 'sex chat site.' Not necessarily how I would see it, but may very well be how a lot of new customers feel.

we agree would be fun to chat

I prefer it without because of internet trolls and the nature of this website. I find it reassuring that LoveHoney haven't done it and as MC says if you are in need of talking to someone you can always chat simultaneously on facebook with your approved friends. Thank you LH for keeping an eye out for our safety!

x

If you wanted to reduce the amount of weirdos using chat you could have some kind of system whereby only users who have been a member for x number of days can access it. Maybe even limit it to people who have actually bought something from the site, possibly using a tiny amount of Oh! points? That would probably put off random people just looking to hit on the ladies (and possibly men) but wouldn't really affect anyone who buys things and contributes to the forums. Though everyone who is already a member would either have to buy something or be given the amount of points needed to access chat for free, unless they buy stuff regularly.

Hi to all LH users, my names Poet & I have just joined the site. Feel free to drop me a line ;)

On MSN I'm sure if u each have the same people in ur contacts list then yes u can all chat together in the 1 window. I hope this helps shelly.

Poet ;)

I find it difficult in keeping up with the forums. I would love to see a chat room, private messaging.

Could we also have an automated message sent to our email box as soon as someone replies to one of our posts? or would that take up too much room in our email inboxes? lol

If you were taking part in lots of threads, you'd soon get fed up of the notifications if they came by e-mail.

You can see all the threads you're taking part in at the bottom of your profile page - and there's a link to view all

The Elk is in today working on some addition forum features, including chat functionality, so soon(ish) there'll be some new toys for you to play with.

Just so long as you play nice

oooooh sounds good!! :)

LoveHoney - Richard wrote:

If you were taking part in lots of threads, you'd soon get fed up of the notifications if they came by e-mail.

You can see all the threads you're taking part in at the bottom of your profile page - and there's a link to http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/members/thunderpuss/posts/

The Elk is in today working on some addition forum features, including chat functionality, so soon(ish) there'll be some new toys for you to play with.

Just so long as you play nice External Media

But what if we don't External Media

I'm sure I could find a spanking instrument or two for a little gentle correction External Media

If only there was someone who could show me how to use them...

LoveHoney - Richard wrote:

I'm sure I could find a spanking instrument or two for a little gentle correction External Media

If only there was someone who could show me how to use them...

*whistles nonchalantly* External Media