Choices!

I'm feeling like I might make the most of the summer offers - while the kids are away, the grown-ups will play!

I can't decide between these two:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37085

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39652

Any thoughts?

Anyone got both?

This post is no longer available.

I've got both and I would say the steel too, the beads give it a more interesting sensation plus the temperature play option.

I have both and I would go for the beaded one. It has more weight, the option of more girth. The silicone one is brilliant but the beaded steel is in a different class. If you have problems with grip though the silicone one wins.

Thanks all.

I have the glass version of the steel one. It's great and OH enjoys using it with me.

I also have arthritis so grip isn't always good but I wont always be the one holding it!

I just wondered if the silicone one, with steel inside, might be the best of both worlds...

I've got lots of other silicone toys but only one steel (FSOG one)... so it sounds tempting...

Please keep the adice coming, I'll choose by the end of the evening!

Mrs Chimp really enjoys steel, though glass is still the go-to option. The Desire beaded steel one is more girthy than the Fifty Shades one, and the beads are much more pronounced. It is bloody heavy, but it's also a really nice shape. We haven't tried the weighted silicone one though so I can't compare.

The email says the site-wide 20% off and the extra £15 off £30+ offers are running all weekend, so I'd be tempted to see if either of them get popped back in the sale again and get a little more money off. 🙂

Good thought Ian Chimp re more money off - I'd assumed it was all just today...

I don't think either have been in the sale so far, but I do have a reviewer's discount to add...

MsR wrote:

Good thought Ian Chimp re more money off - I'd assumed it was all just today...

I don't think either have been in the sale so far, but I do have a reviewer's discount to add...

The 20% off review discount can't be used with another coded offer so you'd have to pick the best one. I did a little number crunching in the Special Offers thread, though I didn't include the review discount. To be honest I think the 25% off £40+ Unlimited voucher is normally better than the review one, unless you really don't want to bump your basket up that high (or if you're not an Unlimited member).

For this weekend the £15 off £30+ one seems to be the best unless you're getting one item that's over £75. 👍

Yep, agreed - that seems to be the best way of doing it!

The silicone dildo is great if you like firm pressure, it's about the same weight as the beaded glass dildo if I remember my review correctly ( I may have to check) it's much easier to keep hold of when lubed up than glass or steel. It just have the weight of the 50 shades of grey steel dildo or the Desire ones. The girth is noticeably smaller too. It sounds like I am slagging it off, which I am not because we bloody love it. The steel just wins for us because of the weight and the girth. If you just want the firm pressure and a bit of weight then the silicone one will be great. Also storage, the silicone one comes with it's own little bag, the Steel one in a box with foam insert to keep it in place.

If it's weight you are after the silicone dildo is 325 grams about the same as the Glass beaded dildo which is 360. The 50 shades steel dildo is 760 and the Desire steel dildo is 780 grams with most of that weight at the large ball end.

Thank you, K&c30's. Good info. I'm not sure what I'm after, apart from variety and new things to try.

I think I'll go for the steel one.

I don't know if weight makes a difference for us - but the visuals for OH will work with steel, I think.

I recently bought this:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37816

so things are getting more raunchy than I ever imagined and we are both enjoyig that. I think these things will go well together ;-)

Personally I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. They are both amazing in their own way.

MsR wrote:

Yep, agreed - that seems to be the best way of doing it!

There's a couple of extra codes in the Special Offers thread you may find useful. 🙂👍

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1679792-special-offer-toys-you-lover/page-33/#p1794271

I gave into temptation and bought the steel one last night. Managed to get it down to £24.99 from £49 using the 20% off offer and the £15 off anything over £30.

Thanks for the advice, folks!