Christmas is cuming!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22673

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22671

Bah! Humbug!

lols, it will be here sooner than you think Wilks xx

Only 110 days away :-)

I Christmas!

My sons xmas list is taking shape day by day!

I hate christmas, I really really do. I hate the commerical aspect of it, the greed. Not many people celebrate it for what it was supposed to be about, or even just a small gift or two and a family meal.

Nowadays it is all about spending a fortune on gifts, mostly for children. Which lets face it, love a simple cardboard box.

I love them!!!! I want my Mrs to Dress up as Mrs Santa!!!! :P

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

I hate christmas, I really really do. I hate the commerical aspect of it, the greed. Not many people celebrate it for what it was supposed to be about, or even just a small gift or two and a family meal.

Nowadays it is all about spending a fortune on gifts, mostly for children. Which lets face it, love a simple cardboard box.

Bahhhhh HUMBUG!!!! It's all about being with each other and spending what you want to spend!! I believe in giving people gifts, I believe in spending my money on each other but I also believe in hand making gifts for people which I do EVERY year to show how much I love and care for them..... I'm not religious. I don't believe in God and I dont celebrate Christmas because its the birth of christ but to remember the people in my life I love and appreciate everyday and can have a special day to SHOW them how much they mean and a special day that we are always together!!

Well Said C18!

chels18 wrote:

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Bahhhhh HUMBUG!!!! It's all about being with each other and spending what you want to spend!! I believe in giving people gifts, I believe in spending my money on each other but I also believe in hand making gifts for people which I do EVERY year to show how much I love and care for them..... I'm not religious. I don't believe in God and I dont celebrate Christmas because its the birth of christ but to remember the people in my life I love and appreciate everyday and can have a special day to SHOW them how much they mean and a special day that we are always together!!

That is a good way to spend christmas and I have no problems with that, but it is the lists a page long, the worrying about spending £20 extra on one child than the other, the spending hundrends on people. There is no need, as you say, you can hand make gifts and it is the thought that counts.

I don't like the greed and the commericalism.

when i was a child there was also 2 sisters and 1 brother but my parents if they were going to spend £40 then thats what would be spent on each child, not pound dearer or less, we always had the same money spent

this is now carried on through me and i do exactly the same,

i love xmas, love the decorations, the wrapping pressies i just dont like the hustle and bustle buying the pressies and also like mother in law is very hard to buy for so never know what to get

i agree to some extent what MM is saying, when i find out parents have spent £500 on one kid at xmas i think its truly madness, the trouble is these days most kids say "i want" and they get

rach74 wrote:

when i was a child there was also 2 sisters and 1 brother but my parents if they were going to spend £40 then thats what would be spent on each child, not pound dearer or less, we always had the same money spent

this is now carried on through me and i do exactly the same,

i love xmas, love the decorations, the wrapping pressies i just dont like the hustle and bustle buying the pressies and also like mother in law is very hard to buy for so never know what to get

i agree to some extent what MM is saying, when i find out parents have spent £500 on one kid at xmas i think its truly madness, the trouble is these days most kids say "i want" and they get

That is exactly what I mean! I don't have any problems with the rest of it.

For the last couple of years there has been a christmas stocking filled with lovehoney goodies hanging of the end of our bed on Christmas morning. My OH claims to know nothing about it. lol

him'n'her wrote:

For the last couple of years there has been a christmas stocking filled with lovehoney goodies hanging of the end of our bed on Christmas morning. My OH claims to know nothing about it. lol

I hope Santa will come down my chimney with something similar I have an open fire in my bedroon so he's got no excuse!

I love seeing my family sending cards etc, appreciate the sentiment but hate the forced giving of a present for the sake of it. (there's only so many bottle openers and hot chocolate mug kits you can receive lol) I'd rather treat my friends and family thoughout the year so we do IOU's for treats like babysitting etc.

i like xmas its fun to have all the family about and get trashed and be happy ,and also the lh toys we buy each ohter too

My OH is moving in with me this weekend so this christmas will be the first we actually wake up with each other. I'm going to get him a proper stocking to hang at the bottom of the bed and I can't wait to buy him some sauce gifts to fill it! The past 5 years we have had to open pressies in front of the families so haven't been able too

I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I bought my mums christmas prezie yesterday! i work in a nursery and the buid up to christmas is magical the children get so excited .

any way i like the stockings with the trim.

I like Christmas and all... But my FAVOURITE holiday gets completely overshadowed by it... Haloween. I'm not into witchcraft or wizardry or anything like that, I just love the costumes and the trick or treaters.... Christmas ruins it every year!!! D:

I love Christmas too, and it's my birthday on Christmas Eve too! :D

I love Christmas!

Satoshi and i are all booked up for a holiday to the German Christmas markets in December, hopefully it's snowing when we get there so it feels even more festive!

I love christmas! I know it's more commercial than ever but I don't give a shit about that....

I love that I get to spend time with my favourite people (apart from WandA - we'd never ask each other to be away from our families at xmas so we have to sacrifice time together), eating good food, havnig good conversation and just enjoying life.

I love that I get to see my dad for long periods of time because normally he works a lot and I love the build up of thinking up really fun and thoughtful gifts for the people I care about - not because I want to spend money but because I like to show them that I care by picking something perfect for them even if it is cheap and cheerful!

I love that my dad spends weeks preparing a lovely dinner for us all because he likes to make us happy, I love that we can just be together. I love walking to the pub on christmas morning whilst the turkey is in the oven and I love getting to see parts of my family who are dotted around europe and I don't see often.

Love it love it love it.

And no - I don't celebrate the "true" meaning of christmas because I'm an atheist, but it's still a wonderful time for family and friends and I wouldn't change it for the world. It's my favourite time of year those few days between christmas eve and new years day!

I plan months in advance to spread the enjoyment - I bought my first present in March - a gift for my dad because it was something he'd love!

Adxx