Christmas lunch/dinner

Sorry, I can’t stand it - it is a trade off, as OH doesn’t like cranberry sauce. So, one sauce for him, and another for me.
The teens eat anything edible. And even some things which I would not consider edible… I’m picky about my pigs in blankets :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I saw foot long ones this morning! :joy:

Alive and snorting, or some horrible advertising gimmick?
How would it cook?

1 Like

A few years ago we had prunes in blankets - now, that was a nice combination… wondering if I can find some this year…

No it’s a thing in M&S! :joy:

Nooo! M&S? That is an affront to all things decent in life… it will not be visiting my fridge.

1 Like

Have you never seen the Valentine’s day heart shaped “Love Sausage” now that IS an affront! :joy:

1 Like

Ha! No! OH tends to be a red rose kinda guy, thankfully…

1 Like

Its gonna be a hectic day(OH has kids the night before and super early morning, then we hit his family, and then mine) so unsure of lunch depending on the time it may be what my OH’s family does for dinner which is a blank to me. Dinner at my family is will be a ham(much more common in the states than turkey). Outside of the ham homemade baked mac&cheese which is a family tradition which when I say baked I mean in a glass dutch oven(big glass style of pot) in the oven. I’m unsure of what else is being done with it but usually there’s two veggies of some kind and rolls. Desert this year outside normal cookies will be a new york style thick cheesecake i’m making.

1 Like

Beef
Pork
Turkey
Roasties
Honey roasted parsnips
Vichy style carrots
Spouts for some of us
Pigs in blankets
Broccoli
Green beans
2 stuffings
And copious amounts of gravy

1 Like

Please cook your turkeys ‘upside down’ so they don’t dry out! Do you brine them overnight? Been years since I cooked one and always remember delia and nigella were fans of brining the Turkey the day before.

Gingerbread doughnuts are yummy! Love that they’re vegan too, in my local store at least!!

Lemon torte sounds great! Yummy! As does a green bean casserole, must google that!

We do nibbles on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve usually, it might be done on Christmas Day instead this year. We’ll see how I feel.

Bought some churros in the shopping so that’ll probably be our pudding or a Streusalz as they’re easy to make with zero energy :joy:

1 Like

Feta and spinach filo pie, roast spuds, butternut squash, sprouts, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower cheese. Yorkshire puds, stuffing, cranberry sauce, apple sauce, bread sauce. Gravy.
Chocolate sponge pudding and custard.
Cheese board.
Bed.

1 Like

Turkey with all the trimmings :grinning:

Can’t wait, will be first year with just us and kids,which will be interesting

1 Like