vegi christmas

is any one out there who is having a vegi christmas ![](upload://f8zGclFeQx35HwZLqJ7J1rFzQ0n.gif)

We will be! Everything is the same for us, except we have Quorn instead of meat and veggie gravy ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) xx

Scorpius12 wrote:

We will be! Everything is the same for us, except we have Quorn instead of meat and veggie gravy ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) xx

I was the only vegetarian in the family one year and this was my dinner! Love Quorn :) Nut roast is also an amazing Christmas treat!

I'm in the delightful position of being both a vegetarian and allergic to nuts. Wonderful. :P

I tend to just eat all of the trimmings on their own, or with Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages (I can't stand the taste of Quorn).

I find it pretty easy to eat a vegetarian Christmas dinner, but that's because I generally do the cooking. If someone else is cooking, or you're going to someone else's house for dinner, I imagine it might be a bit stressful.

CutieCurious wrote:

I'm in the delightful position of being both a vegetarian and allergic to nuts. Wonderful. :P

I tend to just eat all of the trimmings on their own, or with Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages (I can't stand the taste of Quorn).

I find it pretty easy to eat a vegetarian Christmas dinner, but that's because I generally do the cooking. If someone else is cooking, or you're going to someone else's house for dinner, I imagine it might be a bit stressful.

We felt the same way a few years ago about Quorn, and stopped eating it, but a couple of years ago I tried it again, and we were very pleasantly surprised. They have changed the recipe completely, and it hasn't got that 'artificial-type' taste anymore - they really have updated it very well and I find it really tasty - may be worth you trying again as there is so much variety :) xx

Meeeee!!! In fact mine will most likely be Vegan :) Nommmmsss!!

Scorpius12 wrote:

CutieCurious wrote:

We felt the same way a few years ago about Quorn, and stopped eating it, but a couple of years ago I tried it again, and we were very pleasantly surprised. They have changed the recipe completely, and it hasn't got that 'artificial-type' taste anymore - they really have updated it very well and I find it really tasty - may be worth you trying again as there is so much variety :) xx

I didn't know this! I might well give it another go then, Scorpius.

CutieCurious wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

CutieCurious wrote:

Yeah I have to say Quorn keeps getting better and better. For me though, Linda McCartney sausages win every time. I really don't like Quorn sausages. I've been gradually reducing my use of Quorn though due to the fact they use Palm Oil. They say it's responsibly sourced, but I still prefer to reduce how many products I buy which use it.

If you don't like Quorn though and fancy a change from veggie sausages, what about a nut roast?

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

CutieCurious wrote:

Scorpius12 wrote:

CutieCurious wrote:

Yeah I have to say Quorn keeps getting better and better. For me though, Linda McCartney sausages win every time. I really don't like Quorn sausages. I've been gradually reducing my use of Quorn though due to the fact they use Palm Oil. They say it's responsibly sourced, but I still prefer to reduce how many products I buy which use it.

If you don't like Quorn though and fancy a change from veggie sausages, what about a nut roast?

I agree Jess, Linda McCartney sausages are lovely. I am also a bit addicted to the Linda McCartney mozzarella 1/4 lb burgers atm - lol xx

I'm not a vegitarian but I do love my veggies. So to have something different than the usual steamed veg with meals I started trying Adsa's own vegetarian items. They have some really yummy tasting combinations like Beetroot and Goats cheese roast, broccoli and stilton risotto bakes, red pepper and chickpea brazilian grills. The musroom melts and mushroom & spinach loaves are yum too.

They always seem to be expanding on the range too, they're in the frozen section and last I looked they had added a couple of new things for christmas too.

My mum has also started making things like chilli and spag bol with meat free mince. I think it was Tescos or Asda's own brand but I couldn't tell the difference and it also felt like it retained more moisture than normal mince.

We used to eat quorn when we went on a diet this was a good couple of years ago now but with us eating it 3 meals a day we sickened ourselves with it lol have never tried it since.

x

We have just had some 'Cheatin Eatin' joints from Holland & Barrat Chicken/Beef/Gammon. And some Quorn rolls in Beef and Chicken. That should cover Breakfast Dinner and Tea. Wash it down with some of Asda's Asti Spumanti (vegetarian) or some British (vegetarian) wine from Liddle in red and white.

McCartney were taken over by Kraft and seemed to lose it for me.

Purring Tiger wev'e just had Quorn Swedish style meat balls with pasta, I must say they were nice.

Enjoy. x

Our lovely lady is a veggie, so we're just doing like five extra types of veg, and she's happy with that :') The best bit of Christmas dinner is the trimmings anyway!
I don't mind Quorn, but I do have to agree, it's got a lot better recently.

I love tescos pesto veggie bakes, so yum

Is having a pesto soft cheese and spinach pasta side dish weird?

VirginAngel wrote:

Is having a pesto soft cheese and spinach pasta side dish weird?

Oh my holy bejesus that sounds amazing! O:

VA - Please share a recipie! please please please please

Yes! We have nut roast every year (thanks mum for cooking!). When I had to cook my own without an oven I fried up nut roast burgers (just added egg to make it stick together) which was also good!

honestly its just your favourite pasta, cooked with spinach thrown in for the last minute, then folded into a sauce made with melted down asda/tesco pesto soft cheese with a bit of milk to make it thinner.

PurringTiger wrote:

I'm not a vegitarian but I do love my veggies. So to have something different than the usual steamed veg with meals I started trying Adsa's own vegetarian items. They have some really yummy tasting combinations like Beetroot and Goats cheese roast, broccoli and stilton risotto bakes, red pepper and chickpea brazilian grills. The musroom melts and mushroom & spinach loaves are yum too.

They always seem to be expanding on the range too, they're in the frozen section and last I looked they had added a couple of new things for christmas too.

My mum has also started making things like chilli and spag bol with meat free mince. I think it was Tescos or Asda's own brand but I couldn't tell the difference and it also felt like it retained more moisture than normal mince.

We also love the Asda range of veggie food. Tesco also have a very good selection too - their veggie bacon style rashers are yummy :) xx