Christmas present ideas.

Hello all.

Just a quick one- I need a good but quick idea for a Christmas present!

I've gotten my boyfriend clothes, some shoes, a new electric shaver, smaller stuff like underwear....BUT! He kind of hinted that he thinks clothes and things are nice but it's not really a present because it's something you would buy for youself. I don't agree, but feel like I should buy him something small that would be a 'present'.

I usually get him experience days or a trip away or something but don't have a ton of money to spend now. Any ideas?! x

Hm, sounds like he wants something personalised so you'd probably be the best person to know what he'd like. I'd keep an eye out for any groupon etc deals for anything cheaper that he may like.

I've bought my partner some online games stuff that I know he's been after. Sounds kinda "bleh" but I know he would appreciate it much more than the other "usual" stuff lol.

Is there anything that your bf likes- sort of like a particular game, set of books, series etc? It might be good to buy him something similar to what he already has or is interested in. They don't have to expensive- but just something that seems like you've put more thought into. You could also treat him to a date night and stuff and basically improvise without buying too much. Perhaps his favourite movie and treat him to a massage etc?

That's good idea. He loves pasta and pizza and cooking so I was thinking of something along those lines. Gaaah. I'm sure I'll think of something! x

If he enjoys cooking try putting together some different cookery equipment, herbs and spices, maybe some parmesan cheese or a recipie book, into a nice colander lined with tissue paper then some clear cellophane brought up around then tied above in a bunch with curling ribbon and a tag. If he likes Italian food then stuff like some fancy pasta and "proper" herbs and spices would be a great addition and it lets you theme the rest as well. Poundland have some lovely cookery stuff in at the moment. :)

Ooohw I want that cookery hamper!! I'm a massive foodie!

QueenC haven't you been with him for ages? What have you got him in the past and what did he particularly enjoy?

Personalized is another cutie, I wanted to make my boyfriend a sock monkey but I am a rubbish crafter atm so it will probably have to be for Valentine's! Xx

maltedmilk wrote:

QueenC haven't you been with him for ages? What have you got him in the past and what did he particularly enjoy?

Personalized is another cutie, I wanted to make my boyfriend a sock monkey but I am a rubbish crafter atm so it will probably have to be for Valentine's! Xx

We did it for my Aunt and Uncle last year with some fancy food storage jars with different pasta in, I think they ate nothing but Italian food for a month after the Christmas leftovers were finished lol.

If you want to make a sock monkey youtube has some awesome tutorials, gives you a better idea if you are not used to sewing from written patterns. You can make other sock animals too, a friend of mine makes bunnies, monkeys and rhinos for some random reason. XD

Sock monkeys are so cute and you could personalise it with a cute little message. Something unique :) x

I bought my boyfriend an mp3 player one year and filled it with some of his favourite songs or songs that are meaningful to our relationship.

The good thing about this idea is that there are thousands of mp3 players on the market ranging in price from about £5 upwards to suit all budgets, and having to choose what music you add to it allows you to personalise it for the person you are gifting to and shows you put thought into it.

You could make it more Christmassy by adding a couple of Christmas songs to it as well.

Some, particularly iPods, allow for inscriptions to be written on the back too.

Spirals wrote:

maltedmilk wrote:

We did it for my Aunt and Uncle last year with some fancy food storage jars with different pasta in, I think they ate nothing but Italian food for a month after the Christmas leftovers were finished lol.

If you want to make a sock monkey youtube has some awesome tutorials, gives you a better idea if you are not used to sewing from written patterns. You can make other sock animals too, a friend of mine makes bunnies, monkeys and rhinos for some random reason. XD

Oh sorry I didn't mean it like that. I think I'm confident that I can make them (though I might look up for some inspiration) but I meant I'm a rubbish crafter as I never get things done!! One of my new years resolutions is to try and be more arty and finish things I start!

I've started a sock monkey for someone else, somebody showed me the old fashioned way to do them by cutting the length of the sock to the heel. Not sure how the written pattern versions would be. The one I started is going to have bendy bunny ears but he's not necessarily a bunny, still has monkey face and long tail (with a bell on the end, tee hee!) so maybe a bit of a hybrid.

dotdashdot wrote:

Sock monkeys are so cute and you could personalise it with a cute little message. Something unique :) x

Maybe if I got to know you I will make you one!! I'm really gonna try so hard next year!

maltedmilk wrote:

Spirals wrote:

maltedmilk wrote:

Oh sorry I didn't mean it like that. I think I'm confident that I can make them (though I might look up for some inspiration) but I meant I'm a rubbish crafter as I never get things done!! One of my new years resolutions is to try and be more arty and finish things I start!

I've started a sock monkey for someone else, somebody showed me the old fashioned way to do them by cutting the length of the sock to the heel. Not sure how the written pattern versions would be. The one I started is going to have bendy bunny ears but he's not necessarily a bunny, still has monkey face and long tail (with a bell on the end, tee hee!) so maybe a bit of a hybrid.

Ahh i'm dreadful for that, i've got so many crafting projects sat half done because I get distracted by something else! The only thing i've finished this month is all the paper chains and starts etc to go up and a crocheted mini stocking to go on the tree (was meant to be a set of six but again, got distracted). I think its a common blight with crafters, well I hope so anyway haha!

The hybrid sounds awesome! I've got to stuff and sew up the owl cushion I made at some point, its amazing how a bag of stuffing bigger than a full binliner can vanish into thin air! XD

Spirals wrote:

maltedmilk wrote:

Spirals wrote:

maltedmilk wrote:

Ahh i'm dreadful for that, i've got so many crafting projects sat half done because I get distracted by something else! The only thing i've finished this month is all the paper chains and starts etc to go up and a crocheted mini stocking to go on the tree (was meant to be a set of six but again, got distracted). I think its a common blight with crafters, well I hope so anyway haha!

The hybrid sounds awesome! I've got to stuff and sew up the owl cushion I made at some point, its amazing how a bag of stuffing bigger than a full binliner can vanish into thin air! XD

Haha I hope it is everyone else but I really think I'm much worse and do practically nothing. I have hundreds of ideas though, just struggle with focus and time I guess. Not been in the right place to apply myself yet. Reeeeeeeally wanna try next year though! I wanted to this year but it's been so stressful. You just reminded me of something I started at my parents' house actually which I must finish in case it's turning my dad into an evil man haha, he hates the mess of fun arty time! :(

Aww I might have seen some owl cushions, they're so cute!! And yes they require way more stuffing that you think!?? :S Cushions are a good basis for a business I think as they're so expensive to buy in shops!!!! xx

Get him a naughty game off here! thats something special ;) xx