cleaning toys....

Fluffbags wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Fluffbags, I use the sex toy cleaner and then I wash it away. I do not just whipe it with a cloth. I want to make sure that there is no residue of the cleaner so I run it under water too, after.

Somtimes I can be really dense. This is one of those times. Why did I not think of this completely obvious thing? lol! Thanks Laveila. I think my new method will be spray, rub and rinse.

Why did my brain assume I would only use a wipe with spray, but running water with soap? Seriously woman!

You are welcome and its funny as it is even in the demonstration video ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

And yes, this is basically the method I use ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) It does work great and I do not have irritations.

But sometimes the obvious things are the ones we miss. I did that today at work, if it makes you feel better

Laveila wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Fluffbags, I use the sex toy cleaner and then I wash it away. I do not just whipe it with a cloth. I want to make sure that there is no residue of the cleaner so I run it under water too, after.

Somtimes I can be really dense. This is one of those times. Why did I not think of this completely obvious thing? lol! Thanks Laveila. I think my new method will be spray, rub and rinse.

Why did my brain assume I would only use a wipe with spray, but running water with soap? Seriously woman!

You are welcome and its funny as it is even in the demonstration video ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

And yes, this is basically the method I use ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) It does work great and I do not have irritations.

But sometimes the obvious things are the ones we miss. I did that today at work, if it makes you feel better

Hehe. I blame stress, it can't be old age yet, although I have become one of those people lately, who runs through all family members names before reaching the right one! lol

I give mine a good scrub with some anti-bacterial soap and hot water :) so far so good. xx

Fluffbags wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

Laveila wrote:

Hehe. I blame stress, it can't be old age yet, although I have become one of those people lately, who runs through all family members names before reaching the right one! lol

haahahahaha. I just did not realize solution to a problem and it was so simple, actually! ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif)

I blame the fact I am responsible fully for a problematic project nd my head is about to explode because of how much information I must have in it ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif) So yep, I understand you

@Fluffbags I'm senstitive down there too and I use the Lelo cleaner now. I find it has a really fine spray so you don't need as much of it as the cheaper ones.

I also found that even after rinsing the cheaper ones I could still get an uncomfortable feeling from toys I'd recently cleaned.

The Lelo one is alcohol free and ph blalanced, I have tested it with both rinsing (also suffer with OCD) and for review purposes I left it without rinsing just wiped it clean and I've not had any issues with it at all. I prefer to rinse it after and air dry with silicone toys due to them being fibre magnets anyway.

When I first got into sex toys I went out and bought the toy cleaner and the whole shebang, determined to do things properly, but these days I rarely ever use it and have pretty much a full bottle in a cupboard somewhere.

I find that a good wash in the sink with some antibacterial soap and hot water is more than sufficient in the majority of cases. If ever a toy starts to pick up a slight odour after use then the only real solution is to soak it overnight in a mild mixture of 10% bleach and warm water, then thoroughly rinse it and it should be as good as new.

Toy wipes can be a handy thing to have around if you're not quite in the mood for washing your toys immediately after use, and they just have a bit lube on them, as you can wipe the excess off and put them aside somewhere for washing later.