Check out these

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25004

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29345

sexytime87 wrote:

Morning Cherie,

Check out these

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25004

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29345

They just seem a little expensive Baby wipes are cheaper but dont want damage toys if not good for them x

I would highly recommend using the Lovehoney toy cleaner in the top link. The bottle will last ages and it will certainly keep your toys clean whilst not damaging them.

you should ideally use one of the toy cleaners on here you need something that's antibacterial and will sanitise your toys if your worried about all the chemicals in toy cleaners try the Fifty Shades one it has Tea Tree oil which is naturally antiseptic antibacterial antifungal

It depends what the toy is made out off as soom can be cleaned with warm water and liquid soap and left to air dry like the real feel toys x

The LH sex toy cleaner bottle lasts me about 2 months of daily use. Which is not that expensive. Also you will know that it will be ok to use with all materials.

Some people use soaps and warm water and are ok with it. But if you are sensitive to parabens or glycerin, this will likely be a no go. Even with careful cleaning with water, I would be freaking out there is a bit left there, plus it can soak into porous materias (But i threw those out anyway), as I am very sensitive to both.

Baby wipes can be tricky. If they contain alcohol, they could possibly harm some of the toy materials. I would avoid anything scented if it would go inside you, regardlesss if you wash it afterwards. You will have to wash it carefully anyway with water after each cleaning anyway.

Another vote for the spray cleaner, I suffer from thrush so soaps and baby wipes are a complete no no for me as the chemicals trigger an attack

xGGx

Toy cleaners are definitely the best choice as they are designed specially for this particular purpose - they won't spoil your toys and the good ones are also paraben and glycerin free which is important should you have sensitive skin. I have only had one LH sex toy cleaners so far (I'm still a newbie) but compared to some I used previously, it seems work both for my toys and my purse, you don't need too much of it and it doesn't smell gross, either (some I used to spray my toys with before left pretty horrid stench). So I vote for the LH cleaner, too.

I just use soap and warm water on mine, everything's been ok so far.

I also recommend a sex toy cleaner for the same reasons as others have stated.
This way you know that your toys are not going to grow any nasty bacteria that can cause you health issues.
Also for me I have sensitive skin and vaginal area so need something without perfumes etc. I use the Lelo one myself as I find it to be the one that is really easy to use, lasts well and I have no bad reactions to it unlike with soap and water or cheaper cleaners.

wildflower wrote:

I just use soap and warm water on mine, everything's been ok so far.

I will use this method until I put my next order In to LH x As only ordered yesterday - I am sure another good offer will come up for me soon x

Depends on the toy. If it's not non-porous I wouldn't even consider it cleanable. Nothing that you do to it is going to make it clean to me. It would be like taking a worn t-shirt, dusting it off and spraying it with febreze.

Most things just get the soap and water treatment. I don't really consider anti-bac soaps much because the action of soap is to lift and remove. If the bateria is going down the drain I don't need to make sure it's dead or to have to product kill on contact. I'd consider this a basic pro for non-porous toys. There are no pores for the bacteria to hide in, therefore they can be removed easily. Bar soap probably isn't the best idea either as it can leave a residue. I also don't trust things like baby wipes to fully clean a toy.. I'm not be keen on the idea of substances being left on the toys.

If you intend to share or make sure it's extra safe then boiling works for most safe materials that aren't wood or hard plastics.

Up until now I've used a mild, unscented soap and made sure to rinse well so there's no soapy residue, but I just now ordered the LH toy cleaner because of the great reviews. I'm very excited to try it and if I like it the price is really affordable, too.

Anti bacterial soap and water, rinse them well and dry properly job done.

You could, if you dare, put them through the dishwasher, even babies bottles don't need sterilising once they've been through it. Though don't put items that require batteries through.

I also use soap and warm water and everything is fine.

As someone who has mild OCD, I tend to wash my toys in antibacterial soap and hot hot water, rinsing well. For some reason, my mind won't let me believe a toy is actually clean if I use sex toy cleaner spray and just wipe it with a cloth. My mind seems to only believe it is clean by rinsing away everything down the sink.

Ironically, I do not think using antibacterial soap is the best method to clean a toy. I am pretty senstivie down there and I can sometimes feel a burning sensation using a toy I cleaned recently. This happens more if my partner washed it (I suspect he doesn't rinse as thoroughly as I do) So I am actually thinking of stopping with the soap and contemplating using the spray and wipe method. Still...my brain won't let me believe it is as clean.

Luckily, almost all my toys are made from platinum silicone, metal, plastic etc; materials that can be sterilised using a 10% bleach solution, put in the dishwasher or boiled, like my tantus/vixen dildos. (If you are going to boil toys, there is a right and a wrong way, so do research first to avoid damaging your toys) Porous toys cannot be cleaned in this way, but due to the labelling on sex toy products, it can be very hard for a newbie to know the difference between silicone blends (potentially porous) and pure silicone (virtually non-porous). I've seen jelly materials labelled as silicone before now.

Honestly, it depends on the toy. The same applies with storage (some toys can be stored together, others will react to each other, melt and damage everything in the vicinity)

Maybe Lovehoneys guide to materials will help you make the right cleaning and storage decisions:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2009/10/14/sex-toy-materials-phthalates-rubber-silicone/

Fluffbags, I use the sex toy cleaner and then I wash it away. I do not just whipe it with a cloth. I want to make sure that there is no residue of the cleaner so I run it under water too, after.

Laveila wrote:

Fluffbags, I use the sex toy cleaner and then I wash it away. I do not just whipe it with a cloth. I want to make sure that there is no residue of the cleaner so I run it under water too, after.

Somtimes I can be really dense. This is one of those times. Why did I not think of this completely obvious thing? lol! Thanks Laveila. I think my new method will be spray, rub and rinse.

Why did my brain assume I would only use a wipe with spray, but running water with soap? Seriously woman!

I also rinse off the sex toy cleaner with warm water ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) I dampen the toy then spritz with spray, lather it up then give it a good rinse off then air dry.