Clit piercing

Just had mine done this morning, its really stinging. Has anyone had theirs done? How long does this stingy feeling last for?
Thanks

I've not had mine pierced (Though I want to), but I do have a fair few other piercings. (Tongue, ear lobes x2, scaffhoding, labret, monroe, eyebrow, septum, nipples and I've had a couple helix piercings and the side of my nose done a few times)

From my experience they do hurt when they're fresh, just keep on top of cleaning and it should be fine, though don't over clean as you don't want to irritate it :) (And make sure you're using the right stuff to clean it) - otherwise leave it alone (:

If you're really worried talk to your piercer - even if it's normal it's best to be safe and put your mind at ease. But as Alicia4Ever said just take painkillers.

I think it should pass when it heals though, and the worst will be over in a few days.

You really want to make sure the bar is long enough, the area isn't hotter than usual, and anything coming from it isn't yellow or green :)

Hope this helps a little!

Hi. Please DON'T take ibuprofen after a piercing, if you feel you need to take a painkiller stick to paracetamol. Everyone has different reactions but generally you need to watch out for excessive swelling, bleeding and unusual discharge. None of these should be a problem after 24 hours. Salt water is the best for cleaning, but if you find that a bit drying try a few drops of lavender in a bath (or heavily diluted to wipe with). Make sure you turn your peircing regularly, the will help prevent blood clogging in the area and it getting infected.
Some metals can cause problems, but usually you would already know from wearing any jewellery previously. Have fun with it, you can get so many different pretty things to wear in it, and also handy for bondage! X

Thanks for the replies.
Yes alicia it was clitoral hood, sorry for the confusion.

It's stopped stinging today thankfully, doesnt hurt at all and i love it already, cant wait to be able to play again!

Good, I'm glad it's feeling better :) just don't take that as a sign to stop cleaning :) enjoy it!

Only just seen this thread. I've got a VCH piercing and it stung for the rest of the day after getting it done but was then fine.

Glad yours is okay now too.

I absolutely love mine and can't imagine ever taking it out.

Enjoy :)

Hey GemGem90 

Sorry - just spotted this and it looks as though you're stingy-hood has resolved itself! How's it doing now? 

Just an FYI: your body piercer should have taken you through a very clear aftercare and 'what to expect' talk before and after your peircing. If they didn't, I'd recommend going to a different body piercers if you're thinking about getting any more in future. 

Did they tell you how to look after it, and when you can go back to have it changed? 

1RedRidingHood wrote:

Hi. Please DON'T take ibuprofen after a piercing, if you feel you need to take a painkiller stick to paracetamol. Everyone has different reactions but generally you need to watch out for excessive swelling, bleeding and unusual discharge. None of these should be a problem after 24 hours. Salt water is the best for cleaning, but if you find that a bit drying try a few drops of lavender in a bath (or heavily diluted to wipe with). Make sure you turn your peircing regularly, the will help prevent blood clogging in the area and it getting infected.
Some metals can cause problems, but usually you would already know from wearing any jewellery previously. Have fun with it, you can get so many different pretty things to wear in it, and also handy for bondage! X

Hi 1RedRidingHood

Could you please elaborate as to why Ibubrofen shouldn't be taken? I've never heard this before... 

To the OP: Please do not turn your piercing regularly. This is outdated advice which slows the healing process greatly. There is no such thing as 'clogging' and turning your jewellery increases your risk of infection. 

To make sure you never get a reaction down there, never wear an alloy metal. Stick to titanium wherever possible. 

My wife's second set of inner labia piercings stung far more/longer than the first which didn't hurt at all but was all good after a few days and healed after only a few weeks, though still require care in use for several months.

I have a VCH and had no pain what so ever,I also have 2 outer labia piercings and suffered no pain with those either.

The advice is correct,don’t rotate your piercings,just keep everything clean, also Do Not use table salt as it drys any kind of piercing,use seasalt as a soak,make it up in a shot glass and just soak the area. Same goes for nipple piercings,seasalt socks twice a day and piercings should heal fine.