Helix piercing experiences please.. XxX

Hey all, My OH is thinking of getting a Helix piercing but is slightly nervous at it being painful as its through cartilage, so those who have had one what was your experience? How long did it take to heel? Thanks all. XxX

1 Like

Actually thinking about having this done too. Will follow with interest.

2 Likes

Heya,

I have 13 piercings in total; in terms of pain I would rate them;
-3 lobes on each side (1/10)
-2 helix piercings (2/10)
-1 conch (2/10)
-1 rook (3/10)
-belly (5/10)
-and had my nipples pierced (7/10)

In my personal opinion (as everyone has a slightly different pain tolerance) all ear piercings, including ones through cartilage have a similar level of pain.

You feel it for a second like a sharp pinch and then it’s done. I would definitely say that if you partner is considering getting a helix piercing, then don’t let the worry of the pain stop them.

I have the worst pain tolerance btw and keep going back for more piercings!! :face_with_peeking_eye: :joy:
(Planning on getting my Daith next)

In terms of healing, it depends on the piercing. My lobes took 2 months whereas my belly piercing took about 18 months. For the cartilage piercings I have had so far they have been 6 months to heal on average. Factors such as if you are sleeping on that ear, if you knock it, how often you are cleaning it all also play a role in the speed of healing.

I would recommend the ’ Prontolind spray’, you can get it on amazon for quite cheap (about £5) and if your OH sprays a-bit on a q-tip and cleans both sides of the piercing morning and night for the first month, and then just in the morning until the 6 month mark, it should heal well and hopefully without any piercings bumps or irritation (which can be a pain, but happens to the best of us).

Anyway sorry for the long reply but I hope this helped. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. xx

6 Likes

Thats brilliant thanks @Sophie01 literally couldn’t have asked for more,:heart: once she nearly got her nipples pierced but the length of time it was said it would take for healing put her off, and what doesn’t help was she had her belly button pierced twice and both times regardless of her being really attentive to cleaning them they didn’t heal properly and started to grow out as her body rejected them, the second piercer used a different metal to try and avoid this but it didn’t make a difference. After her experiences she always been apprehensive about piercings, hence me asking. To be fair I think she’d have plenty if things were different.

3 Likes

I have my helix pierced and it was so easy. They did it and I barely felt anything. I found my 2nd lobe piercing more painful.

3 Likes

No problem,

Yeah Belly piercings are infamously known for rejecting. :confused: Even with the most attentive, for some people their body just doesn’t like them.

Ear piercings are far less likely to reject so she shouldn’t have any issues with that. And hopefully healing is quick and easy and she can explore different ear piercings. Xxx

1 Like

How long was the recovery for nipple peircings?

Thank you, thats really helpful. A conch is actually the other piercing i was considering getting, but i use headphones pretty regularly so am a bit hesitant at the moment as i know they will not mix well during the healing process