Collars

Im new to the whole notion of all this so forgive me if some of you think I am making light of the significance of a collar....Im not!!

Basically I find the whole idea of wearing one in the bedroom a huge turn on...he has bought me the one in my profile picture....I will get it on Christmas night.

I'm not sure if i can be a good girl and wait for christmas night to be honest....to feel the cool metal and know that he is in control...mmmmm

Any one else wearing a collar in the bedroom? since we are new to it, it'll be confnined to the bedroom for now, but who knows where this will lead...

My partner wears his permenantly, he's only allowed to take it off if I give him permisison to. But sticking to the bedroom to begin with is always a good place to start :)

:) we are both new to this kind of play, it may lead to a lifestyle, i hope so...just need to see how we get on...we are ldr and see each other every other week at the moment, but he wants to change that soon

Aye, always best to take it slow :) Good luck! don't let the long distance aspect put you off, when I was serving in the merchant navy my partner and I would go for months without seeing each other. He found comfort in wearing the collar permenantly while I was away and it continued on even after I left the navy and evolved to where the situation is now.

Ah thats nice he got comfort from his collar. For me, i just suggested that id like to be collared and it evolved from there. We've been pure vanilla apart from a bit of hair pulling and roughness...tbh I trust him implicitly and get my kicks from his satisfaction, and he likes to be in control so I think this is the start of something quite special :) totally new territory for both of us though, so no real idea of what to expect.

he arrives tomorrow, I guess I will just need to wait in anticipation for what he wants to do with me and how I should behave...

Thanks Ork :) I was aware that I would upset some members by talking about collars and being a noob to bdsm and the LH community...For me at this stage of course I understand that a collar is a huge deal...its a huge deal to me too. We are totally new to bdsm but very excited about exploring our desires...he is hugely looking forward to putting this collar on me and knowing that I am his, just as i am looking forward to wearing it.

Thanks for the heads up re: daywear....we are private about who we are and want to be, by my very nature I can be painfully shy, if he decides I should wear one at all times I hope he gives me an option of something more discreet.

Apologies if I have upset anyone by talking about this, it is not my intention, just looking for support i guess while taking the first steps into my submissive life :)

hey skimpy, no need to apologise, LH folk are pretty relaxe and supportive from what ive seen. think ork prob meant the kink / fet scene. soundw like youre ready to enter a new and exciting phase in your life which is great. good luck and have fun x

Everything that Ork said. 100%. Dont allow people to knock you or your desires based on what they believe to be the "right" way. It really does happen a LOT in the BDSM scene and if you are interested in the scene you could try fetlife. All you need to remember is that your way is the right way for you and not let any of the BS change you.

I remember being made to feel bad because I am mostly sub, but occasionally I like to dom. Apparently this makes me "confused" and not "true" :D I couldnt be any less confused but I now have a fantastic attitude to my sex life. Which is.....feck what anyone else thinks, if it feels good imma keep doing it :D

Enjoy and treasure your collar my dear it looks amaaazing I bet you are proud to wear it! Out of interest I have been with my partner 3 years. I own a few bedroom collars that I love love love and feel so sexy wearing them. I have had some hints that soon I shall recieve a permanent collar. It will be a thing I will treasure too!

Enjoy the build up to Christmas night , its a stunning collar .

Hope you enjoy the sensation you get from wearing your new collar soon, I have only just started wearing a collar a few times in the bedroom,( I brought this one http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=15796 ) I think they are good fun & some are really nice looking, not had a leash attached to it yet, don't think my other half likes the idea of me being led around by her, although I have to say I'm all for it.

Your collar is beautiful! My Sir collared me after 6 months together, a simple light silver choker that I wear every day. It wasn't until much later that we got one for the bedroom too, and now I looooove it! It's a leather one.

The collar's significance is only what you make it -- some regard it as just another bedroom toy, to others it has more significance than a wedding ring. Neither is right or wrong, it just means different things to different people. Enjoy your new adventure and keep us posted!

PS: Ooh er, I'm glad our kink scene in Ireland is different to yours! Sounds like a nightmare :/

Hi all, thanks for the supportive replies :)

Its been a while so I wil giive you a wee update...

Got my collar on Christmas night...worn it every evening since, feel naked without it.

Also got a surprise present...a daytime collar which is a little silver padlock pendant.

I think someone got into the idea of the whole thing and has embraced it fully, more than i could have wished for.

Exciting times, will keep checking in from time to time now my laptop is fixed.

Hoping everyone had a nice Christmas and is gearing up for a fab new year...Best Wishes to all...

p.s. we did a LH shop last night, will post reviews as and when

Thats fab skimpy x