Competition ideas and feedback

A caption competition!

Briona87 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

I mentioned this a while back but dont know how viable it would be, but as well as a model of the month, could we have a photo of the month type competition?

people could upload pics of lovehoney purchases in a creative, funny, or artistic way. I think its something everyone could join in with as i know there are a lot of people who dont like to share photos of themselves modelling lingerie, but like to be creative with photography.

I was going to mention the same idea. Setting aside the facts I am not exactly good-looking and rather shy (or private, should you like to look at it in this way - wearing my T-Rex T-shirt is about as much as I am okay with), I, being a single person who does not even have any close friends, would not be able to do anything but a lame selfie, anyway (and people who enter the MotM competition generally have pictures that border on (semi-)professional studio photos).

I like taking pictures, though (I do not pretend to be awfully good at it but I nevertheless enjoy doing it), and I would not mind giving a go to posting some amusing/romantic/creative pics that would involve stuff I have bought from Lovehoney.

And I am also very fond of Sum Sub's idea, though I am a bit afraid Lovehoney would have to give their tech people a proper pay rise to compensate them for the extra workload. ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

This is a great idea for those who are not very 'body confident' or are shy etc. It's fun to take photos and it would be a great way for everyone to be able to join in. My daughters boyfriend is at uni and they have a emoji cushion...its a poo actually ! lol Whenever one of them goes on holiday they take the poo cushion and photograph it ...perhaps people could do the same with their favourite sex toy that travels with them....discreetly placed of course xx

Kinda like extreme photo for sex toys to get a photo of them took in unusual or daring place.

Would love to see another riddle competition, right up my street☺️

Sending in drawings of new sex toy ideas or lingerie could be fun. Would be great designing some sexy burlesque inspired underwear for my OH.
A treasure hunt across different social media seems the best idea. Could use visual clues, riddle's, daily hints, a running math's sum counting rabbits etc. Maybe even something on the adventures of a naughty rabbit, remember who it meets and place's it pops out at.

Send a toy to someone but it is not there's to keep they have to give clues as to where in the country or world it is and whoever gets it right gets the toy sent to them who then have to do the same and so on and whoever has the toy on Xmas day gets to keep it

P's or people could take it on Holliday and take photos of it and whoever guessed where it was got it sent to them and they then had to take a photo of it and so on

Wouldn't work cos we don't know peoples addresses o well

Or could be sent back to lovehoney who then would forward it to the next person

Or could be an imaginary toy being sent and who has it at Xmas gets the real one

Hope this all makes sense 

Terri JJ wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

I mentioned this a while back but dont know how viable it would be, but as well as a model of the month, could we have a photo of the month type competition?

people could upload pics of lovehoney purchases in a creative, funny, or artistic way. I think its something everyone could join in with as i know there are a lot of people who dont like to share photos of themselves modelling lingerie, but like to be creative with photography.

I was going to mention the same idea. Setting aside the facts I am not exactly good-looking and rather shy (or private, should you like to look at it in this way - wearing my T-Rex T-shirt is about as much as I am okay with), I, being a single person who does not even have any close friends, would not be able to do anything but a lame selfie, anyway (and people who enter the MotM competition generally have pictures that border on (semi-)professional studio photos).

I like taking pictures, though (I do not pretend to be awfully good at it but I nevertheless enjoy doing it), and I would not mind giving a go to posting some amusing/romantic/creative pics that would involve stuff I have bought from Lovehoney.

And I am also very fond of Sum Sub's idea, though I am a bit afraid Lovehoney would have to give their tech people a proper pay rise to compensate them for the extra workload. ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

This is a great idea for those who are not very 'body confident' or are shy etc. It's fun to take photos and it would be a great way for everyone to be able to join in. My daughters boyfriend is at uni and they have a emoji cushion...its a poo actually ! lol Whenever one of them goes on holiday they take the poo cushion and photograph it ...perhaps people could do the same with their favourite sex toy that travels with them....discreetly placed of course xx

I would like more competitions that aren't just photo based though. The only two competitions I'm aware of are photographs of products, and review of the month. I don't know of any others and I absolutely cannot stand the idea of taking photos so I have no chance there.

I think there should definitely be a broader range, maybe something for creative people like coming up with a poem or a piece of creative writing?

KittenFeatures wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

And I am also very fond of Sum Sub's idea, though I am a bit afraid Lovehoney would have to give their tech people a proper pay rise to compensate them for the extra workload.

I would like more competitions that aren't just photo based though. The only two competitions I'm aware of are photographs of products, and review of the month. I don't know of any others and I absolutely cannot stand the idea of taking photos so I have no chance there.

I think there should definitely be a broader range, maybe something for creative people like coming up with a poem or a piece of creative writing?

I know there isn't an official competition for it, but I have seen a couple of creative little dittys a while back get prizes randomly just for making the staff smile... can't remember where I saw them, might have been on the blog, but I remember someone wrote a lovely and witty poem to them to say thank you for being ace, and I remember one, which tbf was awesome and made me actually laugh, was that when someone returned a pair of nipple clamps, they enclosed a hand-drawn comic strip telling the story of how their boyfriend had mentioned nipple clamps, she had endured two weeks of pain training herself to use them and then when she revealed herself to her boyfriend he said they weren't his thing and he meant nipple tassles XD it was work of art, truly

popk1n wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

Briona87 wrote:

JM88 wrote:

And I am also very fond of Sum Sub's idea, though I am a bit afraid Lovehoney would have to give their tech people a proper pay rise to compensate them for the extra workload.

I know there isn't an official competition for it, but I have seen a couple of creative little dittys a while back get prizes randomly just for making the staff smile... can't remember where I saw them, might have been on the blog, but I remember someone wrote a lovely and witty poem to them to say thank you for being ace, and I remember one, which tbf was awesome and made me actually laugh, was that when someone returned a pair of nipple clamps, they enclosed a hand-drawn comic strip telling the story of how their boyfriend had mentioned nipple clamps, she had endured two weeks of pain training herself to use them and then when she revealed herself to her boyfriend he said they weren't his thing and he meant nipple tassles XD it was work of art, truly

Something official would be nice. All of the competitions I've seen at the moment require you to spend quite a bit of money, photograph yourself with/using a product (as far as I've seen on the monthly pictures) and/or are completely luck/chance. I'd like something that gives people who can't do things like spend as much as others on products to have an equally fair chance - after all, wouldn't someone that can barely spend money on the site be delighted to win money to spend on the site? I just think it's nice to be inclusive of people that stick around but can't necessarily afford to buy a lot. Basically, it has the potential to reward any of the people that get involved as opposed to just the few that buy prodcuts and review every month - or people that get to review testers for free and can potentially win review of the month without spending a thing.

It's a bit tricky to please everyone, I know. But it would be nice to feel like everyone had a fair chance in at least 1 competition.

@kittenfeatures

Ok gonna stop quoting posts, it's getting a bit long lol

and hey you don't have to spend a lot... only takes one item to win right?

not that I've ever won photo of the month lol. But I did once win runner-up in review of the month for an item I purchased myself. You don't have spend a lot to be involved. I have spent £130 in nearly a year and five months. That averages at £7.65 a month - not expensive at all really. And I haven't bought anything since december. But i still feel like a part of the community and enjoy seeing other people get recognised for their creativity anyway. :)

popk1n wrote:

@kittenfeatures

not that I've ever won photo of the month lol. But I did once win runner-up in review of the month for an item I purchased myself. You don't have spend a lot to be involved. I have spent £130 in nearly a year and five months. That averages at £7.65 a month - not expensive at all really. And I haven't bought anything since december. But i still feel like a part of the community and enjoy seeing other people get recognised for their creativity anyway. :)

It does only take one but the more you buy the more chance, certainly? More reviews, more photos. I like seeing people win prizes, it shows that it's definitely plausible that there's a winner, so it's definitely pleasing to see people win prizes and the joy it brings them. I just think it be nice if that joy were wider-spread to a wider range of people.

For example, I have an extreme hatred of my body at the moment, pregnancy completely ruined it and I know that's silly but I'm young and there's extreme pressure on people my age to look good and I'm covered in stretchmarks, bruises, every other thing that makes photographs unsightly, and I can't bare to look at myself - so photographs are a massive no-no for me. Won't even let my boyfriend show me pictures he's taken of me because it can set me of on a massive downer. It isn't a big deal for other people but it is for me, it frustrates me a lot. I'd love to be able to join in and feel like a part of the community in that regard, I just can't due to issues like these.

And in terms of reviews, they'll get better in time I'm sure but they're my only chance at the moment and it's slim at that. I think people would feel like the community is more welcoming if there were a competition more simple that required maybe, a certain amount of forum posts, or a certain amount of commitment to the site in the sense of activity and time. I understand that lovehoney is a business, but I think it would attract more people to the forums, especially if it were forum exclusive. Say, a competition to write a poem every fornight for a cheap toy or a £10 voucher would be awesome in my opinion. It doesn't result in massive loss of profit and it's enjoyable for everyone. And everyone has a little fun putting an entry in and spending time seeing other peoples' as with the current competitions.

KittenFeatures wrote:

popk1n wrote:

@kittenfeatures

It does only take one but the more you buy the more chance, certainly? More reviews, more photos. I like seeing people win prizes, it shows that it's definitely plausible that there's a winner, so it's definitely pleasing to see people win prizes and the joy it brings them. I just think it be nice if that joy were wider-spread to a wider range of people.

For example, I have an extreme hatred of my body at the moment, pregnancy completely ruined it and I know that's silly but I'm young and there's extreme pressure on people my age to look good and I'm covered in stretchmarks, bruises, every other thing that makes photographs unsightly, and I can't bare to look at myself - so photographs are a massive no-no for me. Won't even let my boyfriend show me pictures he's taken of me because it can set me of on a massive downer. It isn't a big deal for other people but it is for me, it frustrates me a lot. I'd love to be able to join in and feel like a part of the community in that regard, I just can't due to issues like these.

And in terms of reviews, they'll get better in time I'm sure but they're my only chance at the moment and it's slim at that. I think people would feel like the community is more welcoming if there were a competition more simple that required maybe, a certain amount of forum posts, or a certain amount of commitment to the site in the sense of activity and time. I understand that lovehoney is a business, but I think it would attract more people to the forums, especially if it were forum exclusive. Say, a competition to write a poem every fornight for a cheap toy or a £10 voucher would be awesome in my opinion. It doesn't result in massive loss of profit and it's enjoyable for everyone. And everyone has a little fun putting an entry in and spending time seeing other peoples' as with the current competitions.

But if you factor out the individuals creativity, then yes you are literally giving the definition of the whole point of chance. The more you buy, the more likely, that's just how it is. And a competition where it was just objects or whatever would have the same point. But the individual's effort and creativity into these competitions is often recognised, and if not, most people had fun and gained loads of comments of appreciation off their buddies off the forums.

For reviews, yeah they'll get better, but don't discount newbies. Look at the past month's winners:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2016/04/12/review-of-the-month-march/

The winner? His 4th ever review. Two of the runners up got their prize thanks to their FIRST EVER review.

Don't feel you have to post photos to be involved, loads of members don't, those that do mainly do it for fun, never feel pressurised.

Certain amount of forum posts won't work, some people might spam and just reply to stuff to bump up posts. I have 2000 posts but loads are from the games threads :')

Personally, I find the range of things Lovehoney offer to be above and beyond nearly all (if not all) other competitors.

I really want to give you a piece of advice, and please don't take it the wrong way, but you're overthinking things too much I feel. Just get involved, be positive, this is just meant to be an enjoyable bonus to the customers that want it. Sometimes I feel like you bring yourself down as if you can't fit in, or aren't ready to fit in yet or something, but please don't think like that. You've been on less than a month! In regards to competitions, testers, etc, I was on the forums a month before any action of that sort came around, and was two months a customer of the site. All I'm saying is, allow yourself to enjoy it, and take it step by step as it comes :) I love that you've thrown yourself in at the deep end and joined in straight away (braver than me lol, was too scared for my first month) but don't feel you have to conquer everything on the site right this second :)

popk1n wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

popk1n wrote:

@kittenfeatures

But if you factor out the individuals creativity, then yes are literally giving the definition if the whole point of chance. The more you buy, the more likely, that's just how it is. And a competition where it was just objects or whatever would have the same point. But the individual's effort and creativity into these competitions is often recognised, and if not, most people had fun and gained loads of comments of appreciation off their buddies off the forums.

For reviews, yeah they'll get better, but don't discount newbies. Look at the past month's winners:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2016/04/12/review-of-the-month-march/

The winner? His 4th ever review. Two of the runners up got their prize thanks to their FIRST EVER review.

Don't feel you have to post photos to be involved, loads of members don't, those that do mainly do it for fun, never feel pressurised.

Certain amount of forum posts won't work, some people might spam and just reply to stuff to bump up posts. I have 2000 posts but loads are from the games threads :')

Personally, I find the range of things Lovehoney offer to be above and beyond nearly all (if not all) other competitors.

I really want to give you a piece of advice, and please don't take it the wrong way, but you're overthinking things too much I feel. Just get involved, be positive, this is just meant to be an enjoyable bonus to the customers that want it. Sometimes I feel like you bring yourself down as if you can't fit in, or aren't ready to fit in yet or something, but please don't think like that. You've been on less than a month! In regards to competitions, testers, etc, I was on the forums a month before any action of that sort came around, and was two months a customer of the site. All I'm saying is, allow yourself to enjoy it, and take it step by step as it comes :)

It's more that I'm talking about a competition to make the forums more welcoming. I've seen posts that have been sidetracked because two people take over them with one conversation and posts in between have been ignored completely. I think a regular forum competition would be nice for newcommers - being one myself, my experience of the forum has been varied, the only ones I feel entirely comfortable posting in is the game forums, for example. Even just OH points would be a nice reward for a little bit of fun, it doesn't have to be anywhere equivalent to the monthly ones - those ones are quite different and much more down to the business side of things.

I don't feel like I'm overthinking, I'm speaking from my own experience mostly. It's only a suggestion, after all and it doens't have to be overly rewarding. I don't know what anyone else's initial reaction to the forum was, but I feel it would be nice to have something on the side as a bit of fun. It doesn't have to be anything serious and it doesn't have to take a while to get into, you know?

KittenFeatures wrote:

popk1n wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

popk1n wrote:

@kittenfeatures

Ok gonna stop quoting posts, it's getting a bit long lol...

It does only take one but the more you buy the more chance, certainly? More reviews, more photos. I like seeing people win prizes, it shows...

But if you factor out the individuals creativity, then yes are literally giving the definition if the whole point of chance...

It's more that I'm talking about a competition to make the forums more welcoming. I've seen posts that have been sidetracked because two people take over them with one conversation and posts in between have been ignored completely. I think a regular forum competition would be nice for newcommers - being one myself, my experience of the forum has been varied, the only ones I feel entirely comfortable posting in is the game forums, for example. Even just OH points would be a nice reward for a little bit of fun, it doesn't have to be anywhere equivalent to the monthly ones - those ones are quite different and much more down to the business side of things.

I don't feel like I'm overthinking, I'm speaking from my own experience mostly. It's only a suggestion, after all and it doens't have to be overly rewarding. I don't know what anyone else's initial reaction to the forum was, but I feel it would be nice to have something on the side as a bit of fun. It doesn't have to be anything serious and it doesn't have to take a while to get into, you know?

In regards to the sidetracked posts, it is a rule that threads have to be kept open to all, and if you've seen this, you are allowed to report it :) on occasion I don't mind that myself, as I understand that sometimes you want to reply to something specfic someone has said, and then they do, then you do etc. But again, you are allowed to report that :)

My personal experience at the start of the forums was that it was friendly and lovely, had a month of just reading, then had a week on games and sex toy tester, then went on other stuff when I felt confident enough in myself, and never felt anything less than super happy with the forums tbh and with the tester scheme and amount of free stuff I've had from the very few, cheaper orders I've actually made, I'm completely happy with everything on offer.

I understand and respect that maybe your view of the forums hasn't been as rosy as mine, so I really hope overall though you're enjoying yourself and continue to join in :)

I'm not gonna argue if more random funny competition start coming up haha ;). But tbf I don't think there is a lack of regular competitions/opportunities either.

@KittenFeatures: while I do agree that more competitions and maybe forum-exclusive ones could have a fun potential, I don't think people are excluded from what already exist. For example I buy a lot, I did get sent testers occasionally up until recently, but I absolutely do not expect to win the Review of the Month due to English not being my native language so my writing will never be as creative as others' on here. I am still very much appreciative of the testers and I still like writing reviews. I think I will never post pictures here, for many reasons, so I will also never win with my photos. For the same language barriers I have skipped participating in the Easter Hunt, although I did play the game without ever submitting my answers. I do not follow the blog usually and have no social media accounts, so survey or other social media based giveaways are also out for me. I am not here out of interest or freebies, I am on here because of the valuable advice and lovely community that help me get my mind off other areas in life.

I am what others could consider a "forum regular" (don't particularly like this differentiation in terms, as I like to think we are all equally valuable to the forum and there is no hierarchy or ancianity to consider), but when I first started out, I just started posting in threads I had an interest in. Never participate in the game threads, never do chain thingys, that's just not how I roll, so I just plunged in head first. About 99% of newcomers to this forum fall out after their first post or "hi" thread or one month, and I believe it's their choice, not the community's fault. I had a rather serious personal dispute while I first came on here with a "regular" and left for a while due to it, but that was my decision as was coming back several months later to test the waters again and I am still here since. That is because my forum experience is whatever I make it to be, so yours is your choice, not the community's. There are a couple of "newbies" actually that I value a lot, and a few that I actually miss since they disappeared from on here... So I do mean it when I say, we are all equal, it only depends on the person how he/she participates.

This forum is designed to give ideas for fun or competitions. Didn't think I was out of line in giving my suggestion or my reasons for it. I am sorry that it's come across in a way that's upsetting or offensive. Just thought everyone's input was valid.

Yes, this thread is for new ideas and I even started out I would like more competitions on here as you (and many others) have suggested. I'm just trying to point out that those same competitions might exclude members (such as myself, and yet I still support this idea), and also that the way you are experiencing your "entry" into the forum might not be how others experience theirs, so creating 'special conditions' for newcomers might not have the positive response you are hoping for. In fact, creating special categories (such as newcomers competitions) might backfire entirely. I am not upset or offended, you are more than welcome to write your views on here, as long as you also remember others might feel differently and express contrary opinions. :) I'm sorry if my post came across as an attack at your persona, it was just an expression of my opinion to your reasoning.

My idea was more focused on having something for everyone, including newcomers, rather than just newcomers. Sex toy testing, reviews and photo competitions are something that will take at least a few days to become a part of (due to delay in receiving orders and using them, especially if you're not in the UK) so it would be nice to have something that the newbies could enjoy alongside regulars or even the not-so-regulars. My suggestion was never to solely give the newbies something to enjoy. How long do you consider someone a newbie anyway, a week, a month? It all varies, I suppose.

The initial concept was something for everyone, maybe every two weeks, with a very minimal prize, like maybe 500 OH points, nothing monumental. Tad bit of fun every now and again. I don't think I listed any special conditions or anything, and I don't think new people to the forum are entitled to anything more than others. The idea was more centered around newcomers getting to join in as well and feel more involved.