Comunication whilst Gaged

*usual BDSM disclaimer*

I'm sure that anyone who has ever been gaged, with anything good enough to actualy stop them making sounds at all translatable as words, will appreciate how difficult it is to communicate. However experienced their Dom is at translating Gagish. anyone who has been restrained whilst Gaged will appresiate the dificulty even more.

Now i know all about pe-deciding a method of safe wording sutch as dropping a ball, rining a bell or applying pressure to a part of your Dom's body. What i am talking...or more to the point struggeling to talk about, is comunicating longer sentences and more complex situations.

"[insert body part etc.] feels odd but i dont want to stop" "oh shit iv forgoten to [eg. turn the gass off]" etc.

Master and i have tried typing on a smart phone...it worked untill i realised i coluldnt see what i was typing with my glasses off and my hands tied to ther legs of the chair i was bent over. Equaly this wouldnt work with my hands tied behind my back- would it!

I've tried pointing and trying to speak but that just ends in laughing or only part of the message put accross after Master has given me a list of yes/ no questions

"is it important?" "does somethng hurt?" "is it your arm?"

I have concidered signlanguage but Master refuses to learn so mutch as the alphabert!

what i was wondering was: what have otheres tried and what works wel.

If you want to stop for whatever reason -- if it feels odd or you've left the gas on -- why not just use the pre-agreed safeword action? Alternatively, you could have one action for "yellow" (shaking your head, knock on the headboard) when you want to keep going but try something else, and the good old ball-dropping trick for "red" (left the gas on, need to pee, whatever).

my problem is that i hate stopping and starting (sometimes resulting in me loosing interest in the scene) and that often the method of gagging (pants in mouth held in with bondage tape) takes a while to un-do.

but i also get really fustrated if i have something to say but cant get it accross and therefor unable to enjoy a scene.

so what i am looking for really is a method of comunicating words but without need for stoping and starting. perhaps ill try pen and paper in reach for now.

try hands free phone

lickmadick wrote:

try hands free phone

i've heard that anunciation has to be really clear for that to work...but an app for translating gagish would be perfect

yeah but you could text each other on say a tablet sized screen

Try holding a squeaky toy, One squeak for Can we stop for a second Two squeaks for Thats enough

Continuous squeaking for an emergency

Plain Jane wrote:

Try holding a squeaky toy, One squeak for Can we stop for a second Two squeaks for Thats enough

Continuous squeaking for an emergency

that is a verry good idea. one i might use infact.

the only problem is however, that it doesnt quite leave room for "can you please be carefull with my anus as i think it has a little cut that isnt serious enough to mean stop but is bloody painfull if you rub it up the wrong way" or "oh my god this gag is huge, it makes it feel ike your cock is down my throat"

just a coupple of examples of what i've felt the need to say. i know i can get by without actualy saying the latter there and then but the former is quite an important thing for my Dom to be awair of but isnt a cause for shouting red and feels to trivial to warrent taking the time to unwrapp the 2 meters of bondage tape thats preventing me from communicating this message.

Develop a signal for him to release your hand so you can write it down Easier than unwrapping the parcel he's made you into

Plain Jane wrote:

Develop a signal for him to release your hand so you can write it down Easier than unwrapping the parcel he's made you into

now that does sound like a good one. thank you

Anything you need to know dear, just ask I've been a domme for the best part of 40 years so not much I haven't seen

How about sign language or hand signals, head movements? Blinking if totally desperate?!

J-Greens wrote:

How about sign language or hand signals, head movements? Blinking if totally desperate?!

this is what i was thinking as i already knowthe alpherbet which wouldbe enough. Master wont learn though unfortunately :(

We use a bar gag which makes it easier to make yourself understood, although its a bit gargled

J-Greens wrote:

Awww, I just had a stroke of genius! :P Blinking in morse code - it would be pretty entertaining and a smart way to do it, but so hard to translate/interpret. :P

Candied Citrus wrote:

J-Greens wrote:

Awww, I just had a stroke of genius! :P Blinking in morse code - it would be pretty entertaining and a smart way to do it, but so hard to translate/interpret. :P

my partner would love that suggestion. mainly cos he knows morse code. i wouldnt have a clue where to start.

xrd_man wrote:

We use a bar gag which makes it easier to make yourself understood, although its a bit gargled

as for still being able to make a noise that is out of the question :) me and Master havent got our own play space yet as we both still live at home (i cant wait to get my own home) and i am quite a screemer so unless we want a combined attack from parents and police im sticking with the good old pants and tape method.

as for still being able to make a noise that is out of the question :) me and Master havent got our own play space yet as we both still live at home (i cant wait to get my own home) and i am quite a screemer so unless we want a combined attack from parents and police im sticking with the good old pants and tape method.

Lol, we didn't start using toys untill we got our own place but now have had to move back in with parents (kept it up though, we just play queitly)

xrd_man wrote:

Lol, we didn't start using toys untill we got our own place but now have had to move back in with parents (kept it up though, we just play queitly)

luckerly my mum is a deep sleeper and me and Master have both madechanges to our rooms: i've moved my bed to the wall that int adjasent to either mum or the nabours bedroom and Master has moved to the atic bedroom at the top of his house. but one day we hope to have our own dedicated play room or failing that akitted up bedroom.