My ladyflower needs you!!!

Hi all,

This is my first post, and I'm hoping some of you gals and guys can help me!!

I've just started seeing a new guy and we're using condoms. He's pretty damn big down there and goes for aaaaages (not boasting - this is going somewhere I promise!). Whilst I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now, there is a problem.

We've been getting through half a bottle of lube a session. I was using that Durex Play up until now, with the Durex condoms he prefers. However, I don't know if it's his size and technique, or the condoms and/or lube, but my little ladyflower isn't happy after our sessions. I've had bladder infections twice as well as thrush, and am generally quite sore after and it's only been a month!

I've looked on here and just invested in some silicone lube as it says you need to apply it less (so I figure it should dry out less often inside me) but I was wondering about the condoms too. Do the latex-free ones feel any different for a guy? Might they help me out? Are they ok to use with this silicone (Eros) lube?

We're not at the stage where we can forgo the condoms yet, so any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

CC. xxx

CockneyCutie wrote:

However, I don't know if it's his size and technique, or the condoms and/or lube, but my little ladyflower isn't happy after our sessions. I've had bladder infections twice as well as thrush, and am generally quite sore after and it's only been a month! [...] We're not at the stage where we can forgo the condoms yet, so any advice would be appreciated!!

Hello CockneyCutie and welcome to the forums! :)

Women have a very short urethra which is located very near to the anus. This means that cross infection of bacteria from the anus can easily make their way to the urethra, and the urethra isn't long enough to stop the bacteria making their way along it to infect the bladder. Those infections as well as thrush are much more likely to be troublesome if the surrounding tissues are stressed as you say yours are after intimacy.

Men have a much longer urethra which is located miles away from their anus. This is why they don't experience these conditions anywhere near so often as women.

In my experience, there are two basic things you can do to significantly reduce these problems -

1. Hygiene - To prevent organisms from travelling between your anus and urethra, both you and your partner must scrupulously wash your hands and your genitals both before and after sex. I know it's a pain, but in my opinion it's a lot easier and nicer than dealing with cystitis and thrush over and over and over again. Also your partner may be carrying thrush without realising it and repeatedly passing it to you even if you use a condom, so he should at least get this checked, and treated if necessary. And if there is any contact with your anus, then you must both stop and wash again before continuing with vaginal penetration. Believe me, your anus and urethra are so close together, the least little thing can set this off, so careful hygiene is absolutely crucial if you want to prevent these issues.

2. Respect Your Genitals Gently - You must tell your partner the moment sex starts to become sore, and he must withdraw immediately and stay out for the rest of the session. If he cannot orgasm in the time before you become sore, then you can give him an orgasm with your hands or mouth or thighs or in bunches of other ways. Your genitals can most easily remain healthy if they are respected and treated with care. Sex is supposed to be fun, and there are so many ways to enjoy sex without soreness that it seems silly to be sore when there are so many pleasurable alternatives. He can also learn to penetrate you more gently so that he can go on for longer without causing any soreness. But the most important thing is for you to communicate your soreness to him and to revoke his freedom of your vagina for the rest of that session. I suggest that you discuss this with him before you next have sex. Better then than in the middle when he won't know what's happening.

I've had loads of bladder infections and thrush and they really do suck fat sweaty hairy smelly donkey balls. They are relatively straightforward to prevent, but both of you need to take the proper care to prevent them. Your sex life sounds really enjoyable and I hope your lover is considerate enough to make the necessary adjustments, but he can't if you don't tell him what you need.

Good luck. :)

Hi Lovehoney - Carly and Lubyanka,

Thank you sooooo much for the advice!! Reading your posts and thinking back over our sessions, there are a lot of things that now make sense!!

I'll try out the lube/changing the condoms/peeing afterwards suggestions, but I think I might try and break up the mammoth sessions a bit too, to give her a bit of a break now and again!!! I had a look on a few websites before here and came across this 'honeymoon cystitis' thing which made me laugh; we've only been together a short while so are in that 'honeymoon' period too!

I will discuss it with him so he knows. He's been pretty good so far making sure I'm comfortable during sex, as he realises he's a little on the large side, so I'm sure he'll be supportive about this. We're also in a long-distance thing, so he doesn't know about the problems I've been having afterwards but I'll let him know now as he's coming to stay with me soon for a couple of weeks - hence the frantic internet search!!!

Thanks again,

Looking forward to being part of the LoveHoney community!

CC xxxx

Hi CockneyCute

Just a quick one - as everything else has been said already! If you're not too keen on the taste of Cranberry Juice - I'm not!! But it really does help when you get UTI's, then the best one I've found is from Netto. The carton is under 50p and its a bit sweeter to the taste, takes the edge off it being dry/tangy!

x

Thanks for the cranberry juice tips!

Nexas: I read an article this week where someone used that expression and thought it was classic so just had to steal it!! Haha!!

CockneyCutie wrote:

Thanks for the cranberry juice tips!

No worries - its a great one works very well and is more natural and tastes far nicer than the cranberry flavored powder you mix with water! Anytime you start to sting when you pee give it a go boys and girls! (I'm not a doctor thats just a tip that might help!)

x

If you intend to be together for a long time, it may be worth going on the pill or something similar. This way you can forgo the condoms and do it naturally. Although some hormonal methods of contraception may reduce the amount of natural lubricant you make (although I've got the implant and have never noticed a difference in this or my sex drive), this should hopefully be averaged out by it not taking him so long to orgasm.

If he's particularly big, it may be that your vagina needs time to get used to it. I imagine most women will tell you some stories about soreness the first few times they had sex, getting used to having something much bigger than they're used to inside them.

As Lubyanka said, dont be afraid to tell your partner to stop to reapply lube if need be, or to stop altogether. If he wont respect these wishes, then I'd start to wonder what he wants from you.

Being clean is also important - a packet of baby wipes can be great for cleaning up before and after sex. Also, dont be afraid to see a doctor about it, both of you. Remember, you can see a female doctor, and it's nothing they havent seen before, and certainly nothing to be embarrassed about. If you dont want to see your GP, then you can do what I did and go to a GUM clinic. I was really nervous the first time I went, but the doctors there were so nice, it doesnt bother me at all any more, they make you feel really comfortable.

Also, just a tip, dont use the silicone lube with any silicone toys you might have.

1 Like

with crandberry juice you just have to make sure its over a certain percent crandberry (30% i think) for it to be effective. i cant reccomend it enough though.

Ecksvie wro

Being clean is also important - a packet of baby wipes can be great for cleaning up before and after sex.

Ooh, Ecksvie, have to disagree with you there! I'm prone to UTIs and cystitis and thrush like the OP and a babywipe is the very last thing I'd be putting near my ladyparts - the alcohol content, the perfume, the chemicals... they're really bad if you're sensitive down there.

What I do is take acidophilius, though it's more for keeping thrush away than preventing irritation/soreness. That plus cranberry juice (which I happen to love anyway) can help, but ultimately for me it IS the condoms plus lube plus lots of friction that does the damage. Short of getting tested and going on long-term contraception, the best thing to do, as others have said, is break up the long sessions and get him to go a bit more gently - not easy in the heat of the moment though :P

shellyboo wrote:

Ecksvie wro

Being clean is also important - a packet of baby wipes can be great for cleaning up before and after sex.

Ooh, Ecksvie, have to disagree with you there! I'm prone to UTIs and cystitis and thrush like the OP and a babywipe is the very last thing I'd be putting near my ladyparts - the alcohol content, the perfume, the chemicals... they're really bad if you're sensitive down there.

What I do is take acidophilius, though it's more for keeping thrush away than preventing irritation/soreness. That plus cranberry juice (which I happen to love anyway) can help, but ultimately for me it IS the condoms plus lube plus lots of friction that does the damage. Short of getting tested and going on long-term contraception, the best thing to do, as others have said, is break up the long sessions and get him to go a bit more gently - not easy in the heat of the moment though :P

I use Simple brand baby wipes, which are alcohol and perfume free and pH balanced. I've never had a UTI or anything like that so dont know how the wipes work for people who are senstive to them, but I've never had any gential-related problems from using them.

That's what I mean hun, if you have a sensitive lady area, using cosmetic products like that down there can tend to aggravate the problem more... that's just from my own experience! :)

You can get wipes that come with sanitary towels on their own now if that helps.

x

Heyo!

This is silly geeky note from (possibly) the nerdiest person on here but I just wanted to sing the praises of cranberry juice some more from a microbiological point of view:

E.coli are the bacteria that cause the majority of UTIs and cranberry juice contains antioxidants that stop the little buggers being able to adhere to the lining of the urinary tract. If the bacteria can't stick, they can't colonize and cause an infection, everything just gets flushed out

They should start a new marketing campaign: "cranberry juice: liquid teflon for the bladder!"

xxKPxx

Huzzah for the Cranberry juice!

x

masterandslave wrote:

You can get wipes that come with sanitary towels on their own now if that helps.

x

Yeah, something specifically designed for the area would probably be a better bet :)

Just to clarify it's drinking the cranberry juice not dowsing yourself with it that helps with UTIs!

xxKPxx

shellyboo wrote:

masterandslave wrote:

x

Yeah, something specifically designed for the area would probably be a better bet :)

i wouldnt expect baby wipes to cause an issue. after all, they are meant for cleaning sensitive little baby-bums, winkles and flowers!! x

I always tend to use those rather than baby wipes, I had a bad experience with a baby wipe years ago! (I had a reaction to the scent!) But I guess now they're much better now, I still can't bring myself to go near them! The ones with sanitary towels are great for the job!

x

Nexas wrote:

KittyPurry wrote:

Just to clarify it's drinking the cranberry juice not dowsing yourself with it that helps with UTIs!

xxKPxx

Haha! I just got an image of women rubbing themselves with Cranberry juice! Hillarious!

You see hilarious...I see a photo opportunity! External Media

poppy904 wrote:

shellyboo wrote:

masterandslave wrote:

x

i wouldnt expect baby wipes to cause an issue. after all, they are meant for cleaning sensitive little baby-bums, winkles and flowers!! x

They definitely do for me! I thought the same thing, but when I started using them for clean-up they caused me no end of problems. Tiny bit of soap and hot water is all I use now to keep the natural balance ok down there.