Condom question

The other post was so long that i didnt want to tag this on at the end.
Before OH came, I bought condoms at a high street pharmacy - was pretty shocked at the price of the bloody things.
Anyway, I bought the Durex Invisible Extra Sensitive ones and they were a bit of a disaster. oh liked them as they were nice and fine and almost unnoticeable but there was a major problem,and it's either that theyre too little or oh is a little to large for them. Has any one else had this problem?
I have no idea of ohs stats but i wouldnt say he had a ginormous one (i've never had any problems accommodating him) nor does he have a teensy one. He (of course) reckons he is too big a boy for these particular condoms and while we had an excellent week, oh preferred to cum outside as im a bit of a - well lets just say i have a certain knack for getting pregnant and that was a real pity instead of him being able to enjoy his climax in me (maybe that is tmi).
So basically has anyone had the same problem and can anyone recommend more generous condoms.
Thnx

I've never been much of a fan of durex condoms.
I can recommend the Mates Skyns, size large.
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22413

To get around the price problem, I buy these in bulk:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16691

Works out just 24p a condom, with a discount code it'll be even less.

I once had the same size problem because a partner brought Durex "close feel" not realising that was code for smaller. If your partner has usually been fine with other Durex condoms I'd say something like this has happened.

If its a regular thing you could try switching to large ones, which you can still by in bulk:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35269

What I've found is that Mates Skyn ones are the most comfortable, personally the Skyn large ones are the best fit, but normal ones are fine and also free - you can get them from boots with a CCard if you're under some age. If you're not under whatever age it is, get the large ones and see if you can get them in bulk.

JohnnyDoe wrote:

What I've found is that Mates Skyn ones are the most comfortable, personally the Skyn large ones are the best fit, but normal ones are fine and also free - you can get them from boots with a CCard if you're under some age. If you're not under whatever age it is, get the large ones and see if you can get them in bulk.

C cards are for under 25. I was so sad when I got too old for mine!

Jezebella wrote:

JohnnyDoe wrote:

I'm afraid my under 25 days are in the past - terrible to admit but I'm getting on a bit ;)
C cards are for under 25. I was so sad when I got too old for mine!

And, of course, thanks for the tips. We haven't had this problem before- just as well it was a box of 12 and not a bulk buy.

Purring-Pussy wrote:

I've never been much of a fan of durex condoms.
I can recommend the Mates Skyns, size large.
https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22413

Same. Skyns large are really good if your OH finds normal ones restrictive

Most comfortable condoms I've used are either Mates Skyn Latex Free, or Swoon ultra thin.

+1. My ex was well endowed. Always used Mates rather than Durex

Thanks - will check them out and reckon best thing is to get different ones and try before buying bulk

Whilst I agree with your OH that Durex Sensitives feel amazing, and provide the best sensations, I had similar troubles with them, some even splitting upon being put on. The trick is to use loads and loads of lube with those ones.

Jann wrote:

I tend to use pasante as they're the ones the NHS post out for free - no matter your age. They do a 'kingsize', but really any should be fine. If you google 'free condoms' and then add wherever your area is you should be able to find an online form for them. The lube on them has a bit of a potent smell, but I tend to go for flavoured ones anyway as it's nicer for everyone involved

Yeah the smell on these things REALLY travel, and I tend to only use them on a last ditch effort.

The Mates Skyn ones (mentioned above) are always highly reccomended on here, and whilst I haven't tried them, I don't think it would go amiss. However, if your OH is reluctant and wants to keep using the Durex Sensitives, (or you want the cheapest solution possible), might be a good idea to pump the brakes every so often for another application of lubricant.

Will be putting the Mates Skyns in our basket.
It's not that OH prefers the Durex Sensitive, he liked them as he/we could barely feel them when on so it was almostlike not having them at all.
It wasnt a lube problem - it was a struggle to get them on him (they only went just 2/3 of the way down) he's not particularly large and ive never had issues with him, but these durex sensitive were literally splitting when being put on. Maybe it's a matter of girth?
Either way we need a solution, dont want to lose the momentum we gained since we ended our 1 year drought ;)

Jann wrote:

I tend to use pasante as they're the ones the NHS post out for free - no matter your age. They do a 'kingsize', but really any should be fine. If you google 'free condoms' and then add wherever your area is you should be able to find an online form for them. The lube on them has a bit of a potent smell, but I tend to go for flavoured ones anyway as it's nicer for everyone involved

This got me really excited, free condoms in the post would be fantastic, but when I googled it it said you have to live in Portsmouth, Southampton or Hampshire. No free condoms in the post for me :(. I think most GUM clinics will give them out if you ask for them but that's a hassle unless you're going there anyway.

I wanted to double check before ordering. OH away and would rather have his measurements as for where wwlive it's not easy to return items.
I asked him to measure himself last night while we were sexting. He sent me his measurements (length and girth) but i am no closer to understanding which would be the right size- could you help once more? L:18 G:12 and am hoping he managed to measure correctly!