Condom Recommendations

Hi there,

I have recently started sleeping with a new partner and we are using condoms. However, he is finding them a bit uncomfortable, they make his glans sore. He is not huge, but I certainly, in my opinion, a little bit bigger than average. I understand that he's always sensitive and can be prone to pain on entry without condoms with previous partners if they aren't super lubricated. We've been using Durex... I think they are too narrow for him to be perfectly honest, and I think it's trying to tug the narrow ring over the head in a hurry that is part of the problem, but I don't want to embarass him by buying 'larger' condoms in case they are too big for him! Any ideas? Any suggestions (other than no condoms) much appreciated.

Many thanks! :)

Have you tried putting a small amount of lube into the tip of the condom before rolling it on? This can make the condom feel more confortable as well asw make sensations feeling better =)

That's jolly sensible, thank you! Will give it a go!

My partner had the same problem with durex. We started buying Trojans from Lovehoney and havent looked back. They're a perfect fit. All the size info is clear on the site which is great and theres a great selection of Trojans. We use Magnum (i think!)

Hope that helps! x

I have to say from personal experience, Trojans were always my condom of choice while I was with a rather well endowed partner.

Lube is an excellent suggestion. If he is particularly sensitive, you might like to consider a delay lube which also gives a slight numbing sensation. For example, http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25002

Maybe talk with him about larger condoms and get him to decide on the ones you end up trying? That way there is no embarrassment if they are too big. (though if you suggest to him that he may need bigger condoms I'm sure he'd be flattered more than anything else!)

Is there anything new that you have been thinking about trying for yourself for the first time?

Maybe, so that he doesn't feel like he's the one "on show", you could both purchase something new and try them together. Then there is an element of "the unknown" for both of you which may make him feel more relaxed. (Plus it's a great way of getting to experiment with something yourself!)

I really appreciate your feed back everyone, what a nice warm welcome.

Jess, I've recently left a long term relationship where we had no sex life at all... but previous to that I think I tried just about everything I am ever prepared to do! Although it's been a while, sure someone will have come up with something new by now :)

I think I will get myself some nice undies... but it's kind of early in our relationship I don't want to scare him off! Maybe start off with some stockings I can wear on a date and see how that goes down. It's scary for me too I think I didn't realise until I started typing. Huh. Funny. :-/

My Size are absolute beauties (available on LH) and they come in different sizes so no need for the 'larger' tag (some branded 'larger' are not really...)

Tad bit expensive, but try them out x

Hey, I know how you feel. For me it was using Skins condoms. I found them very tight and not nice to wear at all. I switched to durex extra safe in the end as i found them bit better for fitting. However as your using durex already then why not just bite the bullet and just order some larger. If a partner brought me some XL condoms i would be very flattered. Why not just order a few different brands and sizes to try out. This is how me and my ex found the female condom, we loved them although quite expensive..

Also i agree with the comment about lube. Lube makes everything better!!

We tried a few but found Trojan XL to be the better ones as he is rather large! Tell him to go to a family planning clinic and you should get lots free that's what we did till I got the coil! Saves a fortune!

But you don't get large in there, at least not where I live... no point in free condoms if you can't use them lol