contraception, anti depressants and periods

VirginAngel wrote:

I'm on both, the anti depressants don't affect it, i've taken a break from them and still i can go months without, spot 2 months in a row, get cramp but no spotting, etc just like when i do take them. I've had the implant for a year, the

The implant just makes periods infrequent, i'd be very surprised if you wouldn't have experienced the same pattern without the antidepressants. I guess in one way i'm "lucky" in that 12-24 hours prior to any bleeding i get cramp so have a preparation warning, but then i wear liners every day anyway so i'd probably be ok if i don't get pre cramps.

Are liners not an option for you? I wear them as i think i have a rather heavy natural discharge (which reduced dramatically on the implant, no more feeling like its a light period every day!) but even now i can't stand a wet feeling, plus i was always bleaching the colour out of my underwear and i was paranoid about staining or odours etc.

I think it might be different for different people. as I knew where I was with my implant. I knew roughly where I was all the time. And the random bleeding has only started since taking my anti depressants. .. :?