Contraceptive pill

What success have people had getting their renewal prescriptions for the contraceptive pill from the doctors during lock down?

I haven’t tried yet. Luckily I always get a year’s supply and it just so happens I’ve still got about 4 months left. I always try and organise to get a repeat at 1.5 months to give me enough time.

Our doctors have been an absolute nightmare recently (even worse than normal). Their phone lines have always been dodgy, they’ve taken on way too many patients with all the new builds in the local area and never allow you an appointment in the first instance. You have to be called back by a nurse first.

My work colleague who’s at the same doctors, needed a repeat prescription (not for contraception) ended up having to go straight to his pharmacy and ask them to order a repeat through the doctors. After over a week of calling the doctors directly, he gave up.

I’m not holding out any hope that when I need to order mine, it’ll be an easy process

I had a nightmare sorting getting my mirena coil changed. Should have had it done in March and wait for it…they changed it to an over the phone consultation.

Like “Hello”
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

We have run out of them and had no success with the Dr at all. Which means ‘wearing the glove to make love’ , so not the most enjoyable as we both do not like them

Wow! That’s pretty ludicrous @CurvyJilly As great as technology is these days I don’t we’ve yet reached the stage where medical procedures can be done over the phone. I bet you could hardly believe it!
:joy:

Assuming they’ve already been prescribed long-term, they should be on auto-repeat. If you normally ask for prescription renewals at your Dr’s surgery, it might be worthing asking your pharmacist to do the asking for you. I’m on several prescription drugs, and ever since I went over to putting in my prescription requests via my pharmacist, things have been a lot more reliable. All through lockdown, I’ve had no issues with getting my stuff on time. So much of this is down to the efficiency/lack of it of your GP’s practice, though, so maybe I’m just lucky?

I know its not the pill but have have to renew my prescription ever 2 months (heart tablets etc) and I have found the process very good and had no problems.

Normally I just order what I need on their online system, but recently had to book a telephone appointment with a doctor to renew everything for another 6 months. Although I was told that when my next pill prescription is due I need to get my BP tested (although she said I could just phone up and tell it to them since I have a BP monitor).

Yup - this is the issue. I’ve been on my current contraceptive for over 10 years and I still have to go get my BP checked even though there’s never been an issue.

It’s not as easy as just to get them on ‘auto repeat’

@ChloJakes will they be able to just take your reading over the phone? If they will you could either do it yourself/borrow someone’s or go to a pharmacy and have it done then report the reading to the doctors. Although I’m not sure if pharmacies are doing BP readings at the minute or not, but it’s maybe worth a phone and tell them your situation.

I may need to invest in a BP monitor :joy:

I’m hoping they’ll just gimme my normal prescription when I have to get more pills and skip the whole appointment jazz. Our doctors literally won’t give anyone an appointment at the moment!

Same issue - have to go for BP checks etc due to BMI and other stuff, but GP won’t issue repeat prescription or arrange appointment with them or the nurse.

:rofl::thinking:

1 Like

If that is for me - I’m just the person who buys the toys for Lovehoney :speak_no_evil:. Joy or disadvantage of 2 people to 1 account :roll_eyes::man_facepalming: