Convincing your OH that she will look good in lingerie!

Hey everyone, had a good chat with my gf tonight about how we would both like to be more 'adventurous' in the bedroom in the future (yes!) - I think it's great to be able to have that kind of talk with your OH about what direction you want to go in, in terms of your sex life together.

As part of this, I'd really like to convince her that she would look great in some more exciting lingerie - think stockings, suspenders, basques, babydolls, etc - things that she would never normally wear, but things that I would like to introduce her to as part of our new 'philosophy' in the bedroom! ;)

I haven't mentioned it yet, but we are going out shopping in town tomorrow and I'd really like to take the opportunity to 'treat her' to some lingerie while we are out. Perhaps pop into Ann Summers and suggest that she could try on something more sexy? It's hard to know how to suggest the subject, but I would absolutely love it if we could move in that direction!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this, or advice based on their own experience? Thanks! :)

Hi I am sort of in the same situation as you with my wife,all I can say is just be careful I went about it all the wrong way,I purchased her things without her knowing and she rejected them straightaway,I gave her some gift vouchers for la senza and while she accepted them she admitted that she felt pressured.my wife is very body conscious but I would love to see her in sexy lingerie.my advice to you would be not to do the shopping trip just yet she might feel embarrassed in a shop full of people,I would maybe browse lovehoney with her in the privacy of your own home where she can relax and she might open up a bit more and express some interest,you can always send it back if it isn't right.hope it works out for you both.

I would start 'tame'ish at first, ween her into it. Try a lacey number, a sexy chemise, underneathe some sexy undies etc. A lace chemise would show off what she has on under. Pair it with some high heels and bobs ya uncle, you have the start of a racey number..................

Let her wear that a few times, get her waiting for you when you get home, Agree that you'll text 15 mins before arriving home, leave the door on the latch, turn the lights off and you have to find her in the house...........it's fun and gets the blood pumping

Morning PWF, dont take this the wrong way but as a woman who has had major body image issues I would have been horrified at being taken into Ann Summers (washes mouth out with soap). You need to make it a gradual change gently pushing her bounderies a little more each time you shop.

Which parts of her body would she feel uncomfortable showing off, it will give the ladies on here a better idea of what to suggest.

xGGx

If it were me I would talk to her. Ask her what turns her on etc. eventually she'll ask you the same thing. Tell her how sexy you find her and that you'd love to see her in something sexy too.

When I've started seeing someone they always ask what I like and I just say that I love a girl in sexy Lingerie. It's a huge turn on that a girl has made that effort for me. I also tend to say if she ever wants to get her own way then just wear stockings!

I would 'personally' tell her before you head out, that you want to treat her to some lingerie but you would love it if she could maybe compromise with you on what to buy. Tell her you have some ideas and see if she will agree to try.. if so then in the shop pick out 3/4 outfits you like and tell her to take her pick out of them. If she doesn't like any of them then make sure you make it worth it, maybe offer to buy her a personal gift if she agrees eg. a dildo. And make sure when she IS wearing the underwear, you show her how hot it makes you feel!!

x

There's a world of difference between your OH putting on lingerie just to please you and your OH choosing to wear it because it makes her feel good. Believe me: the second one is far more worthwhile and will leave you totally enthralled.

I'd echo the advice to talk to your OH first to gauge her feelings. If she seems okay with the idea, then encourage her to suggest a few items that she'd be happy to try at first, and take it from there. If, on the other hand, your OH seems reluctant or uncertain, then tread carefully! Be prepared to take a slow and steady road, as putting pressure on her may make it seem that you're more interested in the lingerie than in her.

I was lucky that my wife was never opposed to wearing sexy lingerie, although initially she regarded it as a bit of a chore that she did as a treat for me. After many years of gentle encouragement, she now understands that she does look good in it, and she enjoys wearing it for fun. Indeed, my wife recently agreed to go for a professional photo session in which she appeared in lingerie for some of the shots. She impressed the photographer with her poise and confidence, and she looked absolutely fantastic.

So -- it can be done, but it may take a while.

Cuddly Hubby wrote:

There's a world of difference between your OH putting on lingerie just to please you and your OH choosing to wear it because it makes her feel good. Believe me: the second one is far more worthwhile and will leave you totally enthralled.

I'd echo the advice to talk to your OH first to gauge her feelings. If she seems okay with the idea, then encourage her to suggest a few items that she'd be happy to try at first, and take it from there. If, on the other hand, your OH seems reluctant or uncertain, then tread carefully! Be prepared to take a slow and steady road, as putting pressure on her may make it seem that you're more interested in the lingerie than in her.

I was lucky that my wife was never opposed to wearing sexy lingerie, although initially she regarded it as a bit of a chore that she did as a treat for me. After many years of gentle encouragement, she now understands that she does look good in it, and she enjoys wearing it for fun. Indeed, my wife recently agreed to go for a professional photo session in which she appeared in lingerie for some of the shots. She impressed the photographer with her poise and confidence, and she looked absolutely fantastic.

So -- it can be done, but it may take a while.

What a fab story :)

x

lol wimmin.......Mrs G has no hesitation offering a blow job but feels self concious in even Dior silk underwar

How did you get on,what did you decide to do in the end?

I wish my husband would buy me some lingerie/toys/fetishwear .. never has!! :-(

I wish my husband would buy me some lingerie/toys/fetishwear .. never has!! :-(

Maybe you should drop him some hints Dee licious333 I would love to buy my wife lingerie or toys but she doesn't seem interested.

I have dropped him hints.. saying that i need more lingerie, that i love bodystockings, etc. I dont think he likes spending the money lol

Dee_licious333 wrote:

I have dropped him hints.. saying that i need more lingerie, that i love bodystockings, etc. I dont think he likes spending the money lol

And this is the time to take up BDSM as a hobby...........beat him! :p

Mrs G doesnt like dressing up for sex, she would if I ask her but since she isnt enjoying it, it is completely counter productive.

I buy my GF tons of lingerie! to the point she's told me to stop :(

Thanks so much everyone for your advice! In the end we didn't do any proper lingerie shopping...

I think I agree though with what was said above about it being so much better if she 'wants' to wear lingerie because she likes it, rather than just because I want her to.

Now it's just a case of getting her to like it more..! I don't think it's 'particularly' a confidence issue to be honest - I think that might be part of it, but mainly I thinks she would be hesitant about more racey lingerie (stockings, suspenders etc) because I she worries they are too burlesque/slutty etc :( Has anyone else had that problem?

Would like her to convince her that she has nothing to worry about, and that it can only make her even sexier! It's only for the two of us, afterall!

pwf my wife is the same read my posts on the thread...she just doesnt like anything that is contrived, she does however like nice clothes and dressing gowns and night gowns fit that bill. Women are women and are never completely understandable. Mrs G will ask me if I want a blow job in front of a mirror but wont wear stockings and suspenders coz they are slutty....go figure!

My GF hasn't worn the lingerie I got her for christmas, I don't even know if she has tried it on.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=20762

she said she liked it when she unwrapped it on xmas day and that was it. She's not very happy about her body at the moment after givng birth 7 months ago. I feel akward bringing up the subject...

The trouble is, Robin, that it is for you - not her.

It's you that is getting turned on.

'Here's some lingerie. You'll look sexy in it.'

From her point of view, is she not sexy/ worthwhile without it?

Difficult situation.