Cooling down

How are you cooling down this summer?

I've just filled my freezer with loads of glass, metal, and ceramic toys, as well as a truck load of ice.

Days like this I wish I had a slave to fan me cool.....

i spray a little water in front of a fan and its very nice when the mist hits you lol.

James and Michelle (mr and mrs) wrote:

i spray a little water in front of a fan and its very nice when the mist hits you lol.

Wow that sounds lovely! What a great idea

Sleeping with no clothes on. But I always do this anyway.

Tons of ice in the freezer... but it doesn't help so much.

I sleep naked with a fan on, still too hot but not complaining! :)

Bowl of ice infront of a fan. Although I don't really have a problem at home. The sun seems to follow the ridge of my roof resulting in all rooms somewhat shaded. Front room is especially chilled.

I have a big floor standing office fan next to my bed to keep cool ;)

ooooo i LOVE this idea

Lots of icepoles and iced drinks. The ice-cube tray is working overtime!

Window and doors open taking advantage of the breeze! Lots of cold drinks.

theMightyBum wrote:

I used to have a little handheld fan with a small water bottle beneath it. With the fan running you would press the thing and a fine mist of water would spray from it. It was brill.

That actually sounds really blissful right now. I feel like my house needs to have air con on. It's hot as anything in here, Tragically I work from home on the phones so wouldn't be able to have a fan on whilst I'm working. I just keep hoping some breeze will come through my window whilst I melt at my desk lol.

It's not possible to cool down after the critical threshold was left behind ;) The only way out is to leave for some cooler climes, which I'm about to do in a few days...

Have a cool bath or shower, then lie down wet...as the water evaporates it cools you down x

I lucky to be able to work from home, so lots of naked days at the moment to keep cool!

I've given up on the idea of cooling down nothing seems to work

Cool shower :) and going to bed with damp hair I can actually sleep!!

MissChar wrote:

Cool shower :) and going to bed with damp hair I can actually sleep!!

I have tried that, however I couldn't get comfy with my hair damp, I felt like I was sweating all over the pillow lol! Everytime I'd turn around ect. Eventually I had to get up and blast dry it and change the pillow.