Corsets..!

You must upload some pics of you in it then?

shellyboo wrote:

I've just ordered my first corset from an eBay seller, who was brilliant in helping me choose the right size for me and stuff. Haven't received it yet, but I'll be sure to update when I do and let you know if I'm happy! :)

Oh, sounds good! =)

I'd love to know which seller it is if the quality and sizing comes out good.

Miss teach&nurse wrote:

Sent you a private msg but not sure u will get it!

I have a waist training one (the black pic one) Corsets uk do amazing corsets of all lengths and types including waist training, fashion etc They also have amazing sales and I managed to get one for 20 quid (steel boned!)

xxx

WOW!! Where abouts did you get that, was it from LH. I have recently bought one from a bluebella party but have had to sent it back twice, this last time is because it wasn't a very flattering look. I have one already which is great, but havent been able to find a one in my price range, that i tyhink is good enough!

Nymeria wrote:

shellyboo wrote:

I've just ordered my first corset from an eBay seller, who was brilliant in helping me choose the right size for me and stuff. Haven't received it yet, but I'll be sure to update when I do and let you know if I'm happy! :)

Oh, sounds good! =)

I'll PM you the shop Nymeria so you can have a look... don't want to recommend it quite yet though! :) Gonna add you now...

shellyboo wrote:

Nymeria wrote:

shellyboo wrote:

Oh, sounds good! =)

I'll PM you the shop Nymeria so you can have a look... don't want to recommend it quite yet though! :) Gonna add you now...

Don't know if you're still on or not.. but PM's/chat have never worked for me yet lol. I think I just broke it or something. Feel free to email me though. =) x

Miss K- She said it was from "corsets-uk" so if you google it, it should come up.

Ooh, interesting. WIll definitely keep an eye out for them, Hella. Hopefully the sizing range isn't too narrow/small.

22inch... >.<

I've been a fan of corsets for years but due to health issues my weight kept yo-yoing so I held off until it stabilised.

Steel boning is definitely the way to go if you want a corset that will pull you in and give you a lovely hourglass shape, they will also be able to handle larger busts better too, plastic boning will just bend and not give the desired support and shape. The shape is something that with wear it will eventually become more moulded to your shape. If you have a slim figure then it's more likely to be evenly tightened along it's length, if you have a fuller bust, then you're going to tighten it more at the waist and less around the bust so over time the steel will bend and adjust to how you tighten it.

Sizing is always done by waist size and to correctly choose the right size you should always deduct 3-4" from your actual size. I.e I have a 30" waist so I buy 26" corsets, I have quite an ample bust too but again due to the nature of how a corset is fastened via the lacing it doesn't really matter what size your bust is. If you want a slightly lesser cleavage then relax the laces a bit, if you want the whole va va voom then tighten them up a bit more. It really is up to you.

The one thing I would advise is to look around on youtube and watch a couple of videos of how to correctly tighten / lace a corset as you will find it extremely helpful if you have never done it before and also if you are fastening it yourself. I find the method with two loops in the middle of the corset the easiest for self tightening and it is also kinder on the life of your corset. Not letting laces crossover between the fabric meeting is also better for the corset as the friction can wear away at the edges, cross style lacing is easier to self tighten than straightlacing too.Generally the more eyelets/holes in the lacing up the back the better the control you will have over the shape you desire.

If you find you don't like how much of cleavage is does give you, and it will if you have a large bust to start with then indeed go for an underbust corset instead. If you have your heart set on an overbust but are not sure you want too much cleavage on show then you can always wear a top or shirt underneath your corset to cover your cleavage a bit if you're going out wearing them. In the bedroom ofc I'm sure you won't want to ;o)

There are also slightly different styles of corsets to look for if you like them to cover your love handles for example then look out for "longline" corsets. These will sit further down your hips at the side. The shape along the top is personal choice, I have both straight and sweetheart and like them both equally. If your corsets is laced correctly you will have no worries about falling out at all.

If you have a back condition you may find it is acually very comfortable to wear one also.

When starting out wearing one I would also recommend not tightening it too tight to start with. Put it on and tighten it up so it's snug but not tight and walk around in it for a while and let it settle then tighten it again after about 20 mins. Slowly finding the comfortable spot for yourself. When you are used to wearing them you will find that you generally do have to tighten them again after the initial tightening as the material gets warm, moulds more to your body. This is especially true of leather corsets and it is advised never to properly fully tighten a leather corset straight away. Put it on, let the leather warm to your body tempertaure for 10 mins then tighten it or you can damage the leather.

As said above if you are really unsure then buy from a seller who will allow you to replace your corset if you do get the sizing wrong. Corset uk are a well known cheaper brand that are good for inital starting out. Once you know what you are looking for and are more comfortable then brands like Axfords, Snobz, Vollers, Fairygothmother, What Katie did & DeadlyGirlz (these are harder to get hold of but are stunning) are the ones to be looking out for. If you like leather theres a shop called Leatherotics on Ebay that have some great styles. Once your comfortable in knowing what to look for keeping an eye on ebay for them is a great way to pick them up cheaper too. You'd be surprised how many people buy them, wear them once, lose or gain weight and them sell them on. I got a beautiful £200 corset from an american maker in black pvc and satin for £20 as the lady bought it then got pregnant and hadn't been able to fit into it since, it was brand new with tags still on.

Hope this helps a bit, always happy to help out if I can.

Nice one Hella - I have a feeling you'll probably have some nice DeadlyGirlz ones in your closet :o)

I was so sad when they stopped making them as they are divine!

Thanks PT for that detailed post. I'll definitely try and take your advice on the lacing at the back.

I'm more reassured on sizing too. I'll have to wait for some funds to play with before I can properly start experimenting although having Lovehoney stock some would be so much easier to choose from with their returns/exchanges policy.

Love a lady in a corset, treated my OH to one from FairyGothmother a few years ago (very nice, but pricey) - would love to see her in it more often but it's more for special evenings out. Also needs a bit of preparation time as I have take on lacing duties!

Lovehoney - Hella wrote:

Might have snuck some sexy steel boned corsets on the site...

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25503

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25502

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25499

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25501

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25500

:D

Oh my GODDDD. Why would you do this to me? Why? I'm meant to be saving money, damn it!

I agree with others, steel boned def. Also the bigger you are the greater the reduction you can achieve, If you are top heavy, off the peg ones may not fit great. Measure the smallest measurement of either your waist or underbust (I say this because my underbust is smaller than my waist measurement and so I go off the underbust for the best fit).

I have 41" waist, 38" underbust, 50" hips, 46" bust and buy a size 34" corset. I actually can't get the hook and eye fastened with just one lace. I put two in so I can open the corset out more, once I have it on it will tighten up and I can get the waist within 1/2inch of being totally closed, the hips are about 4" off being closed. I can't go down a size due to hips. Ideally you have the same gap all the way down but I would have to buy a specially fitted corset for that due to the pear shape. I don't waist train and I don't find the 7" reduction uncomfortable at all. I've purchased from Corset's UK and Corsets Boulevard and being happy with both.

If you know what size you want there are bargins to be had on ebay from people who buy the wrong size. I've had two BNWT corsets that have only beed tried on for less than £15 off ebay. The trick with Ebay to to ensure you read through and check ALL the bones are steel as sometimes it says steel boned but when you read it, there are 4 steel bones and the rest are plastic, or worse, only a steel busk and the bones are plastic.

Oh I wish I could afford one of these to be made to measure

http://www.rawhidecorsets.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=87&category_id=26&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64

lilac_vix wrote:

http://www.rawhidecorsets.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=87&category_id=26&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=64

Sweet Jesus. Right, that's it, I'm banning myself from this thread before my debit card catches fire.

cheer_up wrote:

lilac_vix wrote:

Sweet Jesus. Right, that's it, I'm banning myself from this thread before my debit card catches fire.

Good idea. I was always anti-corset but I rather like the look of the ones LH is now stocking.

Cat Lady wrote:

cheer_up wrote:

lilac_vix wrote:

Good idea. I was always anti-corset but I rather like the look of the ones LH is now stocking.

They only appear to go up to a 30 though, sad times

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Hella- the corset fitting videos are so useful!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25499#videos

The "squeeze factor" is something I've never heard of but makes sense.

Ok, so I ended up purchasing a waist training corset from corsets-uk. I would have opted for the Lovehoney one but I wanted them all to have spiral steel bones for the maximum reduction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB0jDK0I1Cs This video is really useful for lacing a corset on your own doing it up.

I bought an overbust corset and although I love how stunning it is and the fit to an extent I don't like how it emphasises my boobs lol. They were big enough.. >.< I'll be purchasing an underbust one when I can. I'll also upload a pic for anyone that's interested.

Btw. Has anyone seen this? http://www.fairygothmother.co.uk/fgm-kimono.htm *drool* I really really want that look! I find it fascinating how versatile these corsets can be and I can't wait to experiment. Lovehoney should look into these variables.

Oh and thanks everyone, especially Shellyboo for the advice in choosing my first proper corset! xx

Love the look of the Lh corsets but think trying to get into a 30 or smaller would be a squeeze for me :(

Lou22 wrote:

Love the look of the Lh corsets but think trying to get into a 30 or smaller would be a squeeze for me :(

We're due to get some 32s in, early in December - don't know if this will help?

Ye that's great, thanks Alice :)