Crappy day

Well this has been a really bad day, i put a thread out a couple of weeks ago (Dillema) and i thought id give you a quick heads up and recall.

My wife had to have an internal examination and we were told no sex for four weeks. OK we managed that, two weeks ago she had another examination done and the first set of results came back OK.

Today not so good, we have now found out she has come back positive for Cervical Cancer. We have an appointment next week with the consultant to find out what happens next.

well we have both sworn a couple of times, no tears as yet but dont think we will be sleeping much tonight.

so today has been a really crappy day.

Sorry to hear this news. I hope things will be OK in the end. You both have a tough time ahead.

I'm so sorry to hear this news, you must both still be feeling quite numb and in shock at the moment.

I'm afraid I don't know what else to say other than I really hope the appointment with the consultant gets the ball rolling on some treatment for your wife asap x

That's awful. I'm sorry to hear the sad news.

Luckily she's gone for the tests and they've caught it. I know plenty of people who would ignore the problem for as long as possible due to being embarrassed to go for the tests. Hopefully they have found it early enough that it's still in the very early stages of developing.

Sending positive thoughts to both of you at this difficult time!

NatandTom wrote:

Luckily she's gone for the tests and they've caught it. I know plenty of people who would ignore the problem for as long as possible due to being embarrassed to go for the tests. Hopefully they have found it early enough that it's still in the very early stages of developing.

This is so right in tone and content, same thoughts and I pray that you both come through this with the right outcome.

I'm so sorry. I hope everything goes well with treatment and that she doesn't suffer x

T1702 my absolute sympathies are with you both now. My sister had cervical cancer, I know how frightened she was but she made a full recovery after one course of radiotherapy treatment, and 22 years later she's still here and is perfectly healthy and happy. I hope it's been discovered early so she can get some treatment and make a full recovery, I'll keep everything I have crossed for you both xx

T1702 wrote:

Well this has been a really bad day, i put a thread out a couple of weeks ago (Dillema) and i thought id give you a quick heads up and recall.

My wife had to have an internal examination and we were told no sex for four weeks. OK we managed that, two weeks ago she had another examination done and the first set of results came back OK.

Today not so good, we have now found out she has come back positive for Cervical Cancer. We have an appointment next week with the consultant to find out what happens next.

well we have both sworn a couple of times, no tears as yet but dont think we will be sleeping much tonight.

so today has been a really crappy day.

Gutted for you, so tragic hugs.

Hugs, I really hope it all ends well and sorts out, just try and stay as positive as you can xx

Really sorry to hear of your news. Next week must seem a long time away i hope it all goes ok with the consultant and you find out the treatment your wife will need.

Tiger Dick wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

This is so right in tone and content, same thoughts and I pray that you both come through this with the right outcome.

Agreed. Sooo sorry to hear of the traumatic news. My heart goes out to you and your wife. Sending positive vibes & hugs💖xx

Sending hugs and strength to you and your wife. The pap smear makes is possible to discover cervical cancer in it's early stages, long before there are any symptoms. This means that more cases will be discovered, but most of them will be in the early stage. Thanks to the pap smear, the treatment of cervical cancer has been a success story. I don't know your wife's stage, but don't lose hope ❤️

+ 1 ^^ sending positive thoughts to you both and big hugs. There is so much that can be done nowadays and I know it's hard but try to remain positive. My mum had womb cancer 11 years ago and she is cancer free. My friend had ovarian cancer 18 months ago and she is cancer free too.

The best advice I can give is keep a notebook and write everything down that you need to ask because once in the consultants office it can easily slip your mind. Get in touch with Macmillan nurses as they can really help support you with everything. Big hugs to you both and even though we don't know you we shall be thinking of you. 🤗 Xxx

A huge traumatic shock for both of you. On the plus side it sounds as though this has been detected early so treatment is much more likely to have a positive outcome.

Sending love and hugs to you both xx

Tiger Dick wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

Agreed - I'm so sorry to hear your news - sending you love and positive thoughts xx

Virtual hugs to you both

So sorry to hear that,i am sure you will be in the thoughts of everyone on here.Hope all goes well when you see the consultant.

Positive thoughts and love.

Hope you both get all the support you need, Medically and Emotionally. XX

Terri JJ wrote:

A huge traumatic shock for both of you. On the plus side it sounds as though this has been detected early so treatment is much more likely to have a positive outcome.

Sending love and hugs to you both xx

+1 ^^^^^

Huge hugs for you both.

Don't forget we are all here to support you BOTH.

Even if you just feel the need to let it out but perhaps feel you can't to each other please come here and virtually shout, scream, cry - whatever it is you need to do - we have broad shoulders xxxx

Oh bless you T, so sorry to hear the news, I can't even begin to imagine what you are both going through. We are all her for you when ever you need. X x