Dating Sites

Does anybody on here use or can recommend a decent dating site, just looking for some fun nothing permanent.

I don,t mind a small subsription charge but am reluctant to just pay up for something i know nothing about.

Thanks in advance..

loopylove.com served me well back in the day

To be fair, I first met him 3 years ago through a local rock forum, but plentyoffish is what led to me and my now-OH getting together. It's free and a pretty big site - I also met a guy i used to work with and have a bit of a crush on but sadly we didnt get round to meeting up before me and my oh got together lol.

the other good thing about POF is that you can block people who you dont want to contact you, and even block certain types of people - i.e. if you didn't want anyone with their status as 'married' messaging you, you can block them, etc. Of course, doesnt stop anyone lying but it's certainly the site I'd use if i were you.

sorry for the douple post, but i just thought, i have also used ok cupid, which i'd probably say was about as good as POF, but pof sticks out in my head as it ended my search lol.

I've used okcupid for a while, never physically met anyone through it, but have found quite a few interesting girls who I chat with quite a lot and plan to eventually meet up with.

I have had some sound encounters through the use of sites, incredibly and strange it may seem to most, but l met the fabbie Mrs T through just such. Bath Bi Guy if he were here would rail long and loud that most are rip off sites, and that by entering some under multiple identities he received fake messages from himself !! promising nights of untold pleasure..... so he doesn't rate them too highly.

Bit like life l suppose then...you have to take the rough with the smoothe!!!

Hope this helps

TB

Thanks for the input guys and girls.

I'll give em a go..

I'm not too sure about Dating sites. You shirts never fit right when you order those out of a catalouge....

Sign up to some night classes & get into some local groups/events. There's always loads of cheery people to meet & greet. You could even learn a new skill & meet a new squeeze at the same time. You'll at least have fun & make friends if nowt else!

I'd avoid nightclubs & such, I've never heard of many lasting relationships start there! I may be wrong!? Even if you meet someone online you get a little taste of their character!

See, i have to say - all of my relationships now have been either from meeting in clubs/bars and it becoming more, or from the net! lol.

Well hello Livfingfire, let's just us start over again shall we, what's your favourite position?

TB