Match.com

Does anyone have any experience of this site?

Not this site but I met my OH through plentyoffish.com...well we reconnected on there by incident as we met when we were in our late teens in the same clubs we went to but had a differnt group of friends.

Give it ago you never know. Worked for me x

Match is the ONLY site I've had ANY luck on. Unless you count a cross-dresser on the austistic spectrum who swears he finds SOME women attractive. %-) That was an interesting couple of months.

My experience was that the men on Match were far more serious about dating than any of the other sites I've tried. A couple of forumites really like OkCupid, but my experience there was so humiliating I deleted my profile. The person I met via Match had been there for eighteen months and was days away from closing his account. I'd just opened mine. He was the 2nd person I corresponded with. It seems that experiences tend to vary a great deal.

Most of the pay sites allow some sort of limited search, so my suggestion is to have a look in your desired age group/area/etc and get a sense of how many people you find that you'd like to get to know better.

Good luck, Kev.

Do you need to pay for match Rose? I've had a couple of profile views but not able to respond to anything yet?

Yes, it's free to search and make a profile but you have to pay to correspond. A lot of sites work that way. They put 'free to join' all over their home page and advertising to lure you in. Sneaky, yes, but Match seemed much less so that way than others.

If you haven't done this at all, maybe try Ok Cupid or plentyoffish and see how that goes. Just keep yourself safe and remember that not everyone is as they seem.

I agree Rose...i had some strange people try and chat to me..but then there are some real people there to...