Online dating

I did a forum search on the topic but I couldn't find anything recent that was relevant so I thought I'd start a new thread!

So, online dating came up in a conversation with a friend a few months ago as a joke. We keep mentioning it every now and again so I thought it's about time I signed up. I'm not expecting anything at all, I think it would be fun and a good way to meet new people. Plus it could be entertaining!

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you have any tips - most importantly though, where do I sign up? I've heard of Tinder and OKCupid but do people know of any others out there?

I have a friend who is on Plenty of Fish. I was so confused at first, because a girl I know who is a lesbian was telling me about someone they met on there and they'd gone out over the weekend. This was several years ago now and I thought to myself 'There's a lesbian dating site called Plenty of fish? Are people not offended that they're referring to their lady areas as fishy?' It was a long time ago!

So when my friend told me she was on it two years ago I thought she was coming out. Apparently not. It's a dating site for all sexualities. She gets some right nutters sending her messages which adds to the hilarity of it.

In reagrds to other sites I can't really help there. Match.com? but that's expensive I think.

There tons of sites out there
match.com
Pof ( plenty of fish)

are two i an think of off the top of my head

id say just enjoy yourself have fun obvs be safe (if meeting people)

best tip I can give you - Meet in a public place and ALWAYS make sure a friend knows where you are and who you are with.
A friend of mine would alway text me shortly after start of my date and ask me what colour his motorbike was. he knew that it wasnt an easy guess to make by a stranger and if i answered wrong he would come find me.
I used sites about 10-12 years ago so cant really recommend any

Don't forget our awesome 'I'm safe' phrase.

Zoosk

mingle 2

e harmony ( think you have to pay for that one tho like match.com)

OKCupid's pretty good! You can fill in loads of little question and answer things and stuff and I've met a couple of new friends on there now. I've never used it but one of my friends used to have a plenty of fish profile and she says she gets waaaay less pervy/scary messages on OKCupid than she did on there and the plenty of fish ones were more, er...alarming.

I have two friends that have used Plenty of Fish, one of them now has a boyfriend, the other one hasn't but she's so picky! The only thing I can say about it is it's free, so anyone can join. Which means you will get people just looking for a hook-up, or just plain weirdos.

I would reccomend you try out a paid site like Match if you're serious about it. They often have vouchers online and offers on TV where you can get one month free, so that might be worth considering. It's going to sift out a lot of attention that you might not want.

Hey PPD, I had a quick look online and found this article from Marie Claire magazine. It is called the 11 best sites for online dating and someone has picked the top 11 dating sites, and given a brief overview, cost etc. I hope it is ok to put this article link here. Good luck Hun and I hope this is useful :) xx

http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/suzannah-ramsdale/541693/online-dating-the-11-best-sites.html

my dad uses smoosh i think.

Considering both my longterm relationships started online i would never use an internet dating site, i'd more suggest meeting people who are like mided on forums you have particular interests in. Saying that, i met my soul mate on Omegle!

I meet my current partner who I am going to marry on Match.com ( sorry admin if cant say it ) , its well worth paying for a a dating site as you get rid off all the knobs that just wont one thing , the ones that pay for a site are serious about dating . I went online in Sept buy Oct I meet Mr C & been very much happily in love since then & I have been very luckyy to find the man of my dreams and I will be Mrs C one day too which is an added bonus .

I meet Mr C for a drink and when I was dating the other before him , always tell a friend where your meeting and what you know about the man your meeting , what site, what his username , real name and what time and where your meeting ect . Don't let them know where you live. Never go on a 3 course meal as he may a knob you dont want to stay there and dont go the cinema there crap dates .

Good luck enjoy its lots of fun , enjoy it go with the flow enjoy the dating until you find Mr Right got to kiss lot of frogs to get your prince I kissed 5 before I meet Mr C x

Well I use pof.. Been fishing for about 4 months.
The first true nibble( more than 3 years after leaving my abusive ex...who sex was painful, and degrading.. But towards the end thankfully almost non existent) was something of a shock to the sex drive system!!๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ˜‡
I had a hyst last year..42.. And put on too much due to opp, And tbh.. Almost wrote myself off dating or even having sex.
With the first true bite... I let caution get thrown to the wind, and sexting ( was a sexting virgin till then!๐Ÿ˜„) developed into a full on mind blowing sex in real life about a week later... A no strings attached encounter. The cautious ..careful mum of 2... Became...naughtymum๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‡ certainly blew the divorcee with no real sex in 6 years cobwebs away!

Still get interest from the same bloke on occasion, but clearly no relationship entanglment...
Played a bit more level headed afterward... And finally got real let's meet date last Monday. Meet up for a coffee, after putting my bike in to repair at his pet bikeshop๐Ÿ˜„ didn't pan out how I would have liked... But even after him saying I was not really his type in the end.... I am still getting texts... Go figure.

Meet in a populated place 1st off... On neutral ground... And make sure you have a " safe mate" to check in where and when meeting...and check in afterward.
Be safe. But have fun.Internet is here now.... Embrace it... Everyone is linked in somehow thesedays