free success

Hey all just started this to ask a few questions, basically im bored.. I want chatting n relationship n be happy :)

Have any of you had any success with dating sites (free-havent got the income yet for paid sites)

Best to use?

Any advice?

I reconnected with my current partner via plenty of fish website. We had dated as teenagers and both came out of long terms relationships at the same time. He spotted me and messaged me and we met as friends for a couple of months before we started dating. That was 3 years ago now. My sister has also just met her current partner via tinder. Dating websites and apps and definitely worth trying in my opinion. Though my sister did date a lot of frogs from there before she met her current partner x

Hi Sassy,

There are sites which only require registration but they will ask you to further down the line for extras such as seeing people who have viewed your profile, being able to get their phone numbers, to be able to see their photos or event chat.

Bottomline is it depends on how much of these extras or features you would want. We all would want to be able to contact the people we are interested in and this is an area where the dating websites start making their money from.

What you want exactly will deter what type of dating websites is appropriate for you.

I have had met a lot of people through dating websites.

Have a think and I'll give you a few links after.

Thank u, the chatting feature is obviously very important to b free, before I think about just any one getting my number isnt a option!

OscarRomeo wrote:

Cool,

Check the link below. I cannot remember if there is a chat feature on there but it is quite popular:

https://www.zoosk.com/

Ou have to pay for that service but thanks anyway x

I met my OH on plenty of fish. Been together now 2 years, there is a chat feature on there. Obviously you pay for different options like who viewed your profile last etc, but the basic profile is fine, and worked a treat. There are way more guys on there than women, and there are some strange people. But they aren't all bad! Go for t and good luck x

Okcupid is the one I use most. I find the questions really helpful (especially the sex ones) and match highly with my friends and my current partner which is a good sign it's getting it right. I've only met one person I didn't get on with. All my dates apart from that one were great, even if the sexual chemistry wasn't there.

I like the fact there are lots of kinky and ethically non-monogamous people on okcupid. There are still plenty looking for monogamous relationships (and people looking to cheat...) but the fact I can find people who understand I am already seeing someone and understand it isn't cheating is a huge plus for me.

Apart from okcupid, I used tinder for a while. I had some fun chats but only met one person (someone who knows a lot of my friends). I find looking at a picture is a poor way to find people when I am looking for something fairly specific. The swiping is quite fun though.

If you are kinky, whiplr might be an option. It's still quite new so it doesn't have that many people but it's free and you can be open about being kinky.

Happn is a location-based app so it shows you people you cross paths with. I liked that part but I didn't really find anyone I liked. They were generally very conventionally attractive with well paid jobs.

I've used more apps and sites but those are the only ones I either still use or would consider using again.

Thank u, I want to use the site in aim to meet a partner not just for sex, I want a soulmate, I understand obviously dating sites may not help me find this person but u never know ...

I dont want something that goes/post to facebook as I run a business through it also having family I dont really need them to know about this stuff..

I dont want to have to pay for the chat features ect ..

My sister used plenty of fish and just met guys after sex even though that's not what they'd said online but had more luck with Match but that wines not free...

sassykitten;) wrote:

Thank u, I want to use the site in aim to meet a partner not just for sex, I want a soulmate, I understand obviously dating sites may not help me find this person but u never know ...

I dont want something that goes/post to facebook as I run a business through it also having family I dont really need them to know about this stuff..

For Facebook you could always change your name slightly so it doesn't get mixed up with u our business.

Nice to see that you are trying to find a new partner instead of hoping someone will contact you.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Fozz bear .

mysteron wrote:

sassykitten;) wrote:

For Facebook you could always change your name slightly so it doesn't get mixed up with u our business.

Nice to see that you are trying to find a new partner instead of hoping someone will contact you.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Fozz bear .

Thank u, id b so worried it would somehow come up or friends or namelu ex friends would find out and perhaps ruining or dishearting my chances x

Personally I wouldn't be too concerned about that ,it's not if you will be revealing your sexual desires or preferences for example. These are the sort of things best left for a face to face conversation when you might have found your ideal partner perhaps after date 2 .

I know I just want to keep it separate I know its probably me being paranoid. ?.

Anyway can anyone suggest the best for my needs

I am not a sex pert when it comes to online dating as it wasn't around when I was in the dating game I am guessing that the free sites will be full of married people as well as singles. Therefore if it was me I would look at the sites were you need to 'pay to become a member.

I just think these days that you pay for what you get.

Anyway good luck honey in your quest.

Id love to but unfortunately got money tied up atm so cant have any more coming out x

I know what you mean, I'd rather not use dating sites if possible I rather just get out and meet people

My okcupid isn't connected to my facebook. I just signed up with an email address.

Even if I was looking for love, I'd still probably go with okc.

I decided to give pof a go more out of curiosity.... very interesting had loads of messages... most that u can tell wont go anywhere other than hi how r u .... others hold nice convo ... we will see x

Hello pof wasnt a complete waste of time been chatting to a few people on there noe been chatting to one in particular off pof, via other messager, we seem to chat very well etc need to pluck the confidence to meet which is what weve been talking about :) anyone got any tips for a shy at first person :P

Is this for your first meet ?

Have a couple of drinks to settle your nerves but don't over do it !

Try to meet up in a place eg bar that you are familiar with .

Try just to be your self and ask many questions but try not to make it look like an interrogation.

Make sure one of your close friends knows about your meet up ,for safety reasons.

Make yourself look attractive but again don't over do it.

Only exchange phone numbers if you think it went well but don't expect too much from a first date. And no sex either !

No going back to his place , it's too soon.

Just a few pointers I could think of.