Defuzzing techniques! (and horror story)

a few summers ago i used veet sensitive, youre not supposed to use it on the labia but i find it useful for doing the mons and then tidying up with an electirc razor after i get out of the shower. it reminds me i must buy some more acually. the only problem i had is that one of the tubes i bought from a value shop ( bodycare) burnt me despite the test, though it was a different brand.

i'm awful with disposable razors and always get ingrown hairs, and i have an epilator but its a problem managing to get the skin taught enough and the hairs short enough to epilate on the bikini line. its fine for my legs and under arms though.

oh my gosh, that story is awful but i couldn't help laughing like a loon....

personally i don't go for full hair removal cos i can't deal with the pain/stubble rash lol so i just have one of those wilkinson sword trimmers to keep it all looking neat :)

Tulip wrote:

fights Glitter off even bigger pot of popcorn and brownies

Mr Monster wrote:

glitter&gold wrote:

Seduced wrote:

glitter&gold wrote:

If I bring popcorn can I watch?! *hee hee hee!!*

Make it a large tub and you're in! ;) xx

Ha ha ha ha ha!! Deal!! One mego jumbo bag of popcorn coming right up!! External Media

Oh, hun; if you bring popcorn, you can rip off the first strip!

A n y w h e r e !

External Media

Deal Mr Monster!!

& Tulip - I see your brownies & raise you a giant bag of jelly babies!! External Media

Seduced wrote:

* Sed starts the car, inputs the addy into his satnav.... Who am I picking up on the way? *External Media

If your going past Cornwall then im in lol.

I feel your pain mSe, im too much of a wimp to have it done professionally so will never ever ever go to a salon, Ive only ever shaved and even though im a bigger girl, i find it sooo easy, a little time consuming but still very easy and its uber smooth, but only lasts a days before it all stubbely and horrible.

However, im very intregied with the wax strips or hair removal so ill have a go at it tomorrow, so tomorrow evening ill either be on here saying how good it was or feeling sorry for myself cos i burnt my foofoo lol xx

glitter&gold wrote:

Tulip wrote:

Mr Monster wrote:

glitter&gold wrote:

Seduced wrote:

glitter&gold wrote:

If I bring popcorn can I watch?! *hee hee hee!!*

Make it a large tub and you're in! ;) xx

Ha ha ha ha ha!! Deal!! One mego jumbo bag of popcorn coming right up!! External Media

A n y w h e r e !

External Media

Deal Mr Monster!!

& Tulip - I see your brownies & raise you a giant bag of jelly babies!! External Media

and homemade shortbread and gingerbread External Media

Tulip wrote:

glitter&gold wrote:

Tulip wrote:

A n y w h e r e !

External Media

Deal Mr Monster!!

and homemade shortbread and gingerbread External Media

Damn!! Foiled by gingerbread men again!! Damn you ginger-y treats!! External Media

Personally i shave...always have done. Tried the 'home waxing once' and swear i didnt walk right for a week! lol

I always find with a nice sharp razor shaving works fine...a bit fiddly yeah but nice and smooth oooh and another tip i found for a really close shave use vaseline instead of shaving foam but ladies be careful!

My only problem with shaving is the nasty evil ingrown hairs! I dont get many on my 'lady parts' but right at the top of my thigh right beside my bikini line...what a nightmare and not a nice look at all when you have a huge red sore pimple....any advice ladies on how to minimize this? Oooh and p.s i do exfoliate several times a week but stil no joy!

browneyed girl wrote:

My only problem with shaving is the nasty evil ingrown hairs! I dont get many on my 'lady parts' but right at the top of my thigh right beside my bikini line...what a nightmare and not a nice look at all when you have a huge red sore pimple....any advice ladies on how to minimize this? Oooh and p.s i do exfoliate several times a week but stil no joy!

i saw some cream you can put on ingrown hairs in boots this afternoon. try looking in the ladies shaving section?

Excellent i shall have to have a wee look! Thanks

Mrs Monster says:

The only really effective way to keep neat and smooth is a full wax. Why be embarrassed when the waxer is a professional, and anyway if anyone is feeling uncomfortable, it'll be them.

If you've had kids, then you've already been seen in the worst possible condition, so you've got nothing to lose. If you've ever had a gynae exam, then you're not far behind!

And if you're planning on oral, anal or even regular sex, the only way to get those pesky little hairs that snag and tweak is - WAX. (Especially anal!)

I merely report. Your humble servant, ma'am...External Media

Sounds as if Mrs M is giving us the go-ahead should we let her have the first strip to pull

would only be fair i think

hey,

like many above i feel so sorry for you! but I also did laugh however I will never now use wax strips ever!!!! I have had my own horror stories too...Usually i stick to shaving but this one time there was one place i couldnt reach, so i was like why not use the scissors! I happily finished the job but then left them on my bed, only to then slide off my bed cutting my thigh in the process!!! Worst mistake i have ever made! i was left naked in my bedroom clutching at my thigh which was now bleeding pretty badly and worst of it im rubbish with my own blood!!!! After my fiasco I now have a scar that runs down the back of my thigh!!!

My tip stay away from scissors and if you do use them dont leave them on your bed!!!

sweetlove666 wrote:

browneyed girl wrote:

i saw some cream you can put on ingrown hairs in boots this afternoon. try looking in the ladies shaving section?

I use this http://www.nads.com/ingrown-hair-treatment and it seems to work. No unpleasant smell and rubs in easily. It's a gel so cooling and I haven't had many problems using it.

Little expensive but prefer not having ingrown hairs!!

Tulip wrote:

Sounds as if Mrs M is giving us the go-ahead should we let her have the first strip to pull

Look, she's seen me get waxed before (actually, sugared, but hey) and I keep telling you wimps - It doesn't hurt that much! Stick it on, whip it off, job done.

Anyway, I can get her to do that at home any time - you guys deserve to get your hands on me for a change. External Media

I shave, have done all the time for around a year now. I am looking into laser removal though.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

I shave, have done all the time for around a year now. I am looking into laser removal though.

Yeah, you'll want to get that professionally done; some of those lasers are bulky and can be hard to remove.

External Media

Mr Monster wrote:

Tulip wrote:

Look, she's seen me get waxed before (actually, sugared, but hey) and I keep telling you wimps - It doesn't hurt that much! Stick it on, whip it off, job done.

Anyway, I can get her to do that at home any time - you guys deserve to get your hands on me for a change. External Media

Well Mr M wait in hope and anticipation you never know when we'll come knocking

Tulip wrote:

Mr Monster wrote:

Tulip wrote:

Well Mr M wait in hope and anticipation you never know when we'll come knocking

Now I have an image of you lot decked out in fetish wear and santa hats, trudging down our street like carollers!! "Wax the Monster, make him shiny, fa la la la laaaa, la la la la..."

"That'll teach him to be cheeky, fa la la la laaaa, la la la la....,

Up the drive we creep with wax strips, fa la la, fa la la, la la la"

"Hold him down - But I get 1st dibs - Fa la la la la, la la la LAAAAAAAAAAA!!"