Shave or wax

Hi Guys

Been shaving downstairs for a while now but I think the time has come to give waxing a ago, so any advice would be appricated as I have no idea where to start

Thanks in advance

Been trimming for a while but looking to wax too as a surprise for the Mrs. (she mentioned her interest), would love to hear what people say here.

Shave daily. Tried waxing, then you have to wait for it to grow long enough for it can be waxed again!! The same with an epilator the stubble has to be long enough for it to be plucked out.

So shaving daily in the shower is no problem, could probably do it with my eyes shut by now. Clean and smooth every day.

I find waxing to be very painful and it just feels like burning to me so I swear by my shaver! I suppose its different for different people though.

Shave all the time,OH is a beautician and shes trying to edge me towards the waxing,the pains enough on the chest,so down below...I DONT THINK SO

We both shave. I can't use wax because of my eczema

northern boy wrote:

Shave all the time,OH is a beautician and shes trying to edge me towards the waxing,the pains enough on the chest,so down below...I DONT THINK SO

That's the issue, OH keeps chiding me that men are wussies, and as proof brings the ratio of men vs. women who wax down below...

been getting waxed down there, front and back, for 2.5 yrs now. Have had four different therapists over the years for varying reasons - but overall never looked back since starting waxing. I used to be an avid shaver for years.

The smoothness you get from waxing is much better and lasts longer. yes you have to wait for the hair to grow back to a certain length before going back again, but in all honesty, it grows back much thinner and more sparse that you harldy notice it at all.

As for the pain factor, yes it hurts, but the pain comes so quick and goes so quickly too that you hardly notice it.

If booking for a wax, make sure the place you go to has good reviews and qualified therapists!

What about body groomers?
Do'se anybody use one and are thy any good?

I find shaving to be the best option for me. Although, I've never tried waxing so I guess I should say much until I've tried it.I just find it quite easy to just hop in the shower, shave then shower normally and thats it.

I definitely will be giving waxing a go, but just a question... Would it be better to get waxing done by someone else for my first time and see what its like when done professionally, or just go with luck and try it home first?

Have been shaving for about a year now. Haven't done it for a while, but as I am on holiday this week and the OH is at work, I'm thinking that a little tidy up is in order and a little photo to get him in the mood....

longhotcok wrote:

I find shaving to be the best option for me. Although, I've never tried waxing so I guess I should say much until I've tried it.I just find it quite easy to just hop in the shower, shave then shower normally and thats it.

I definitely will be giving waxing a go, but just a question... Would it be better to get waxing done by someone else for my first time and see what its like when done professionally, or just go with luck and try it home first?

Professional all the way! Without doubt!

Shave!! Can't go wrong with the LH shaving bare cream

I get waxed at a salon and you do get used to it. If you think it's going to hurt it will, a lot of it is mind over matter and it is worth it

I get waxed and I much prefer it to shaving. It can hurt quite a bit on the pubis but I don't find the waxing anywhere else down there that painful anymore.

The more you do it the less frequently you need to go and the hair becomes finer so its easier to do so thats a big advantage over shaving. Smoother results for longer too!

I wouldn't do it myself! I had to shop around to find a good beautician who was quick and understadning with my concerns about the pain but the one I have now is amazing and I'm in and out within 15 minutes!

Give it a go once. Even if its just a tiny bit, not the whole thing.

Trim the hair back a bit first though. It will be very painful if its long.

shaving balls is a pain.....ive restorted to staying trimmed

i have seen that thing called no! no! advertised on late night tv and on john lewis websiteand have wondered if that would be any good. anyone else seen/tried it?

I have shaved my manhood completely for about 6 months now (was previously trimmed) but have absolutely no desire to wax down there. I have horrible visions of seeing my scrotum left on the wax strips

Wax all the way! It will be very painful to you the first times you do it but then you'll see the results.. At least with me, my hair won't start growing within a month/ three weeks, and I find it much more hygienic but always go to a salon or beautician that know what kind of wax is best for your type of skin and hair