Deleting Lovehoney Account

Dont go! Try talking about it...

Lovehoney is an innocent site, for people to share advice, no harm in it at all, my boyfriend likes looking through the forums on my account too. If he is doing it out of spite thats not a way to treat someone you love... Maybe he doesnt understand the nature of the forums? Does he think its a sleazy pervy site? Maybe you should try explaining?

Tell him to sod off MG , call his bluff ! My guess is he won't backheel you over it ,and if he does, was he right for you ! Mind you I do get into trouble with my OH for neglecting chores instead reading threads etc , time does fly when here xx

MG - I agree with everyone else. Apologies, I know you didn't ask what we thought about it, but sometimes a prod from (lovehoney) friends can be good. If it is that he is being too controlling and using the fact you love him enough to go along with it, I hope you find the strength in you to look after yourself and do whatever is best for you.

I've just gotten out of a relationship where my ex was ruining my life outside of him in so many ways, just because I felt I had to do it because I loved him, and didn't want to lose him. If you want to talk, I have my email on my profile and I really don't mind, to vent or just have a listening ear at the other end.

Chin up chuckie, you can see a lot of people care about you xx

I hope I'm not too late to stick in my twopence worth, which is: MG, DON'T GO!

I'll echo what others have said about abusive relationships too - where will this jealous, manipulative behaviour end? I'm really sorry hun but it sounds like you should stand up and say NO. I'm not deleting my LH account, the forum helps me when you say and do stupid things and I love LH. Of course this all boils down to what you want primarily. What are your thoughts and opinions on the matter? Sorry if this is rubbish but I am drunk. Had to read this five times to spellcheck lol.

Fluffbags wrote:

I feel like I am walking on eggshells because I don't know you or your partner, but what he is asking is not on! This is manipulation and control.

Adding on to what everyone else has written, your LH account isn't just the forum. It's your OH points, reviews, ordering info, wishlists, and all of that. Things the bastard benefits from.

Giving in to an ultimatum sets up a crap pattern. If you go along with it, you're teaching him that it's an effective way to get what he wants. Which means it will be repeated. Has he done this sort of thing before? If he hasn't, call he bluff and give him space to back down gracefully.

Fluff's suggestion to give yourself advice as if you were another person is really sound. Read back over your posts in this thread as if they were from someone else and write your advice.

From someone who hasn't made friends on LH (haven't joined in with the chat-style threads on here); I just wanted to "+1" to everything everyone's said. I doubt deleting your LH account is going to be the answer or the end.

Clearly I don't know you personally but the info you have give here rings massive alarm bells. All the advice given so far is absolutely correct.

The type of manipulation, control and frankly.....bullying that he is exerting is shameful. My heart goes out to you and I hope you manage to sort this out. From reading the comments you are clearly someone who is cared about by friends and respected by others......he is showing you no respect. I wish you the very best and hope the outcome is good for you.

I had a partner who demanded i deleted my fb. Not due to any wrong doing on my side but because she herself was paranoid. So i deleted it, lost ckntact with all the friends i had on there, lost all the pictures and games etc. Funny thing is, she kept hers......... it led to resentment in the end and started the wheels of the end of the relationship.

Personally, id suggest not deleting but taking a break from here, see what happens. If things end with him then you havent lost all yoir oh points and such. :)

Whatever you choose to do or not do, good luck with everything and, im not going to say i hope it works out with him, instead i will say i hope you end up happy whatever happens. :)

I think you're all being a bit harsh on MG here.

it would be a shame to see you go MG, but if you think your future lies with this bloke, and if you really do love him, then you go ahead.

everyone ( both parties included) has to make sacrifices in relationships.

Just to say I havn't gone yet. I agree with you all that he is controlling me but I know he definitely will leave me if I don't do what he says because he sees it that I am choosing a website over him. It's clearly because he is insecure and he is being a childish prick. I have asked him whether I can just stop using the forum as he knows I love writing reviews and stuff too but he said no delete it all. Urghhh I don't know what to do I am pretty sure I couldn't delete it anyway as my reviews of tester products are all on my profile xx

MG do what you think is right for you.

I deleted some accounts for my partner and we're still strong.

But as others have said I've also cut things out for pervious partners and I've become isolated from friends and family.

Could there not be a compromise where your partner joins the forums too. It's very open and clear your not doing anything wrong. But be sure he won't do the same thing even if you delete your account.

To delete it you have to contact customer services. That's how another forum member I used to talk to did it xx

Ok I am speaking to livechat now so thank you all for all the support you have given me and I'll miss you guys xxxx

Good luck Morning Glory.....

hope you end up very happy in the very near future : )

x

xmorningxgloryx wrote:

I really really don't want to delete my account but he is being so stubborn and saying he won't stay with me if I don't. I'd rather delete my facebook than my Lovehoney account :( I know the only reason he is saying it is because he knows I love using LH and he wants to hurt me. I don't know what to do right now because I know I have done nothing wrong to him and I don't deserve any of this but I love him too. My head is such a mess xx

Sorry hun. I have been in an abusive and controlling relationship before. At some point, you have to make a break for it. Freedom outside of an abusive controlling relationship is much better than being controlled, even if you are alone.

But you need to be ready to do so. It took me a long time to realise that I was being controlled, and even longer to work up the courage to leave.

Now, if you are looking for something to use, this is perfect. Assuming he was to leave you, he will look like a total moron when you tell all your mutual friends he left you because you wouldn't leave a forum. But he won't leave you. It is the ultimate control tactic - he doesn't want to leave you, he just wants to control you more and more. If you stay, regardless of whether you delete your account or not, the control will get worse, the abuse will get worse. I know you have no reason to believe me, but please do believe me. It always does.

I have been where you are. I know how hard it is, but ultimately, you have to get out. I will be thinking of you over the next few days as you work out what to do. Good luck hun.

Bit too insecure if he is jelous over a website. Best let him leave while you have the chance. It's his problem not yours. If he loves you he will stay/return. Else it was not worth it anyway.

xmorningxgloryx wrote:

Just to say I havn't gone yet. I agree with you all that he is controlling me but I know he definitely will leave me if I don't do what he says because he sees it that I am choosing a website over him. It's clearly because he is insecure and he is being a childish prick. I have asked him whether I can just stop using the forum as he knows I love writing reviews and stuff too but he said no delete it all. Urghhh I don't know what to do I am pretty sure I couldn't delete it anyway as my reviews of tester products are all on my profile xx

Me again. No, he's nor being childish and insecure. He is controlling you. He knows exactly what he is doing, and it is sinister. It is absolute classic abusive tactics. I can give you loads of websites that will give you more information if you like. You may be in denial at the moment "it's not so bad", "he loves me really", "I'm not an abuse victim". It is that bad - this thread has shown that.

Classic abuser behaviour is to isolate the victim from anyone who can inform them about what is happening, about how it is wrong and what they should do. He probably has identified this place as a place where people will inform and educate you, and he doesn't want you being here.

I don't know if this is the first social contact he has asked you to give up, but there will be more. Isolate you from your friends, from internet contacts, your family (bit by bit), then make you entirely dependant on him. Totally matching the regular pattern.

Please get out whilst you can.

Please feel free to email me if you need a mother hen to talk to. I wont tell you if you're right or wrong and I won't judge you. but I can be a listening ear.
hugs from mrs A. xx

xmorningxgloryx wrote:

Ok I am speaking to livechat now so thank you all for all the support you have given me and I'll miss you guys xxxx

Oh Babe - I have just been reading through all of this - you poor poor thing - this must be an awful situation for you - you have my e-mail adress Hun and if you ever need me - you know where I am - I hope everything works out for you and I will miss you too - Good Luck Sweetheart xxxxx

Don't go hun!!!!

If Jason tryied to do that to me I'd tell him to fu*k off! :,( xxxxx

Just to say that you'll be missed if you go. Hope it all works out for you.