Am I being daft

I have started using this forum but I use an android phone, and can't see a way or perhaps it isn't possible to contact other members directly to just say hello to them, or is it possible some way, any help would be much appreciated

Thanks for your help i kind of thought it might be the case

I suppose if you could make direct contact it would just turn into a dating site

Nope there's no way to private message, it's not just your phone. The site encourages people to chat using the forums, on the logic of if you can't say it in public you shouldn't be saying it. So just join in here and chat away :)

Yes, I think Lovebird's right. I'm new to LH & I'm enjoying the forums & messaging openly. It's so nice to be able to express yourself with like minded people.

Yeah from what i've gathered, things were getting a little too explicit in the old private messaging system for LH's taste...

Yes they had a private chat function on here, amnd it was removed, presumably for the reason that MK7 said.
Its return has been asked for, but with no luck, which in the circumstances is understandable.
Also Twitter was mentioned, a few users do have this appear in the odd post, or sometimes on their profile.

Yes there's quite a few of us on twitter for the ability to chat more personally and to chat more on the whole really! We try not to clog up the threads with too much chat! There is a twitter thread with stacks of contacts

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Nope there's no way to private message, it's not just your phone. The site encourages people to chat using the forums, on the logic of if you can't say it in public you shouldn't be saying it. So just join in here and chat away :)

This x

Thanks everyone that has been a big help, can't say Im going to bother with the twitter thing, my only other question is, why do I add friends on here, does it make a difference??

Hi lhc, 

Welcome to our lovely loviliness that is the Lovehoney forum .

We left the friend request open to people as it seems to be popular , it makes it easier to see where someone as posted . You can jump to their account quickly and see theire reviews or postings ! 

Also it gives us a warm fuzzy feeling when someone adds us ![heart|20x20](upload://4WyQT1gwKaQJNwhYxrKZ1rOPglF.gif "heart")

Ihc wrote:

Thanks everyone that has been a big help, can't say Im going to bother with the twitter thing, my only other question is, why do I add friends on here, does it make a difference??

Not really. It's just a way of finding members or their activity (posts and/or reviews) more easily if you want to. Edit: Leanne, you beat me to it! :)

Hi Leanne, good idea on seeing the recent posts, so a warm fuzzy feeling on its way x

I think it would turn into a hookup site. There are many ways they could functionally make it where you could directly contact someone without this risk and I've suggested them but they don't seem interested. A simple notification function where someone would be notified if they responded to your post would do it. All of the exchanges would still stay public so it could be.monitored for inappropriate activitiy.