Delivery Anomolie

Adding items to my basic ready for pay day!

When i add this item - http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25619 - the free 1 day delivery option disappears and instead I'm left to choose my delivery day? I have to pay for this.

Why is this the case?

If I'm spending £50+ i can get next day delivery free, if i don't include this item, which is what i want. So why do I have to pay?

Maybe they can only dispatch that item using a different courior, not entirely sure tbh. I also just tried to add it to my basket and it doesn't offer the free delivery only the chosen date.

I ordered a spreader bar at the beginning of the month. This was delivered via Iinterlink Express and I had to choose the delivery date and had to pay a delivery change.

I imagine that it is due to the size and or weight of the bar. As it was a gift having to arrange delivery did take the edge of the surprise, but the gift was well received, although one of the recipients saw the box and thought it was a 30 inch dildo!

must be courier only, which is odd. maybe theres something about it which means RM won't deliver it??? not that i know anything about anything :S lol

it could be due to,the size and weight of the item, that is needs to be delivered by a courior rather than through royal mail, its only a guess, i have never orderd large items so im not sure :)

Well I've just checked the item again and noticed it is described as free delivery.

If they advertise it they're kind of stuck to it.

I really like LH so have contacted them hoping this can be sorted or at least explained. I've been adding items to my basket for a payday order and to be honest I won't purchase this item if I have to pay delivery, which is a shame because I really want it...

J

Long Time Cumiing wrote:

Well I've just checked the item again and noticed it is described as free delivery.

If they advertise it they're kind of stuck to it.

I really like LH so have contacted them hoping this can be sorted or at least explained. I've been adding items to my basket for a payday order and to be honest I won't purchase this item if I have to pay delivery, which is a shame because I really want it...

J

i'm sure they'll sort it, it says free delivery and i've never heard a bad word about lh customer care :)

I have just checked I was charged £5.95 delivery.

I was not particularly worried because I was getting 20% discount at the time and it was a special gift for some very special friends, but obviously I will be interested in the response that you get from LH.

I will say that I was very impressed with the delivery service from interlink Express, they sent me a text first thing in the morning of the agreed delivery day to confirm that the delivery would be made between 12:00 and 13:00.

I got a message from my friend to say that it arrived a 12:10.

It does state free delivery,and because of this it should be free delivery, im pretty sure they will sort it out for you they are pretty good at solving customer problems :) hope it gets sorted

It is too long to go by Royal Mail

xGGx

You should contact customer care and see what they say. :)

I contacted customer care earlier but don't expect them to get back to me until monday...

J

the size and length of the spreader bar requires different packaging i believe, it cannot be sent by royal mail so has to be sent by more expensive courior which is why you pay postage

LH customer care have contacted me back today saying that, because of the size of the item it requires courier service. I have replied questioning the product being described as free delivery.

This is a problem for me because i won't purchase if i have go pay delivery.

J

agreed it shouldnt be marked as free delivery if it isnt, will imagine this will be changed in the very near future now.

shame if u cant get it woth paying postage, as im guessing all spreader bars will be the same.

on a side note we made ours for less than £10 (not including the cuffs) from items from b and q and already had 3-4 sets of cuffs so worked out nice!

Hi guys and gals,

Thanks for pointing this out. With the new delivery services we have been testing a few new buttons and clickers online to see how they work.

Obviously in this instance the 'free delivery' button isn't applicable due to the size of the product. It's a genuine oversight on our part - sorry guys!

I've flagged it up to the tech team here who will investigate ASAP and try to get these buttons more product specific.

Thanks again, and sorry for any confusion!

All

If you have been charged, please contact Cutsomer Care. We will of course arrange a refund for you.

Sorry about the glitch....the IT boffins are beavering away to get it sorted!

Matt

Hi ladies and gents,

As Matt O has said above, there is a glitch on the system and even though the spreader bar goes with a courier, we still offer a free delivery service on it :) This means that the button is in fact correct, however you should not have been charged anything for delivery.

If anyone has been charged for an item which says 'free delivery' please contact our lovely customer care team ASAP to discuss this witth them. They will happily refund any unwarranted charges :)

Thanks all!