Difficulty reaching orgasm

Just recently I have been having a difficult time reaching orgasm. I have no problem achieving and maintaining an erection, but during sex I can feel it build up and feel like I am close to cumming and then it just dies off. This can be very frustrating to say the least.
I am taking a medication for neuropathy and it might me a side effect from that, but I am just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this as well. Is this something that tends to happen as one ages?
Your thoughts are appreciated.

1 Like

Yes I have experienced that quite a few times over the year’s, although for me not frustrating just annoying.

Have a closer look at the meds you are taking for Neuropathy, the NHS website may have some further information, speak to your GP and inquire as to weather that particular Med is known to cause such an issue.

Other causes can be stress and tiredness, either orboth combined will have effects on your body.

I appreciate the feedback. It very well could be the meds or stress or a combination of both since I was seriously injured recently in a falling accident (that’s why I’m on the meds). Anyway, thanks again for confirming my suspicions.

I did not want to pry as to what types of medication you were taking for Neuropathy or indeed as to why you were taking them, but now I know you fell over :wink:

What I will say is each med will have a different effect on each person, but it’s not forever. Your body will become used to the foreign substance that you have introduced over time.

You suffered a traumatic event, who aside your partner have you spoken to? I never used to speak to my partner, so just wondering. You have been through a lot, its no wonder why .

Besides my wife, I have not spoken to anyone about this issue. I am now convinced that is is indeed caused by the medication, and normal function will return once I can stop taking it. In the meantime I can enjoy some REALLY LONG sessions with my OH and focus on her pleasure, which is the ultimate root of my own satisfaction.

I would hazard a guess it’s the medication.

For me I had so much trouble finishing when I was on certain medication for depression and it’d get to the point where my partner would just have to stop because after an hour or so she got sore. The other issue is knowing you’re having trouble finishing so you put more pressure on yourself which just makes things worse.

I took Gabapentin for nerve pain in my back and unfortunately it has a known side effect of suppressing the libido. Now I just take it occasionally instead of 3x daily, and that’s helped, although I have to put up with some pain. Have you Googled your particular meds for side effects?

I take antidepressants and this defo has an effect on me but also stress or things on your mind can contribute to this problem too, no to mention the pressure we put on ourselves in the moment worrying if you’ll be able to climax or not and then it makes you turn off all together…

1 Like

Exactly! I do believe this is part of the problem.

1 Like

Same here. Hopefully I can stop taking it before long.

1 Like