Dilema

I have a teenage son in college. He is currently at his Dads, so my fella went into his room to get the hoover. Now the thing is, he came across some of my LH lube on his bed.

Now we all know what teenagers are like and I've always been very open with him, but I'm damn angry that he has been through my stuff and stolen it. I know he'd probably be too embarrassed to ask, but going through my stuff has annoyed me.

I have had this issue before, where I came across one of my fella's masturbators left in the shower (I hadn't noticed it was gone, it was still brand new in the box) and I rollocked him that time. I'm not fussed he wants to explore, but to go through my stuff and steal it, is what has bothered me and he's done it again.

Do I leave the lube in his room? Pretend that it wasn't found? Do I ask him does he want me to buy him his own, or do I just buy some and pop it into his room?

I know using lube will be more comfortable for him, as he is circumcised, so understand he wants something to help ease friction, just at a loss as to where to go with this.

Any advice would be much appreciated x

I'm 18 (19 in jan :p) and in college myself and circumcised. I used to be embarrassed about getting my own stuff so used to get my step fathers lube instead which I got shouted at. My mum sympathetic as always showed me this sight and here I am. If it was my son I'd tell him he should stop no questions asked and maybe your choice get him a voucher for here so he can please himself (pun unintentional) hope this helps but definitly make him aware that it's wrong and you aren't happy. Xx

As a teenage girl, I would steal lube from my mom. I just couldn't face asking her for some and had no way of purchasing my own. If he is using yours, I think your last suggestion would be best. Maybe just buy him some and leave it for him with a little note? Something like "this is for you, if you want to talk about it I'm here". That's what I would have appreciated, but then again I'm a girl and I was never open with my parents so this advice should be taken with a grain of salt! Hope it helps x

Oh and talk to him with the lube present to reinforce that's what my parents did and I wouldnt dare touch there's again! 😂 xx

I'd buy him some and put it in his room with a note that says got your own now, so stop nicking mine!

I think leaving him his own in his room is a really understanding thing to do,however you would still need to address the fact of him going through your things as that is clearly not right.

Haven't read other people's suggestions however if this was me I would buy him his own and maybe a couple of other bits he might want like condoms. I really try to keep it so my son feels open talking to me about anything as I know how scary it can all be when your a teenager. I would quickly say when giving him the stuff (in a non see through bag so it's discreet and not staring us both in the face) to please ask in future rather then going through my stuff. Then I would let him scuttle off in embaressment lol! Perhaps like a month after I would just ask if he needed any more or anything else, within reason.

My honest opinion! don't say a word!!! Not a single word, you will only make him feel like he's done something grubby behind your back.

Buy him some lube and leave it on his bed! But my other advice would be to lock up your toys so that he's not tempted to do it again! You could purchase him a LH voucher for Christmas. He can buy his own masurbator and have fun. He' obviously wanting to try new things and why should'nt he!

Yes it's wrong he took your stuff and without asking, if it was anything else, then yes tackle him about it.

I found out a long time ago my son dabbled in rectreational drugs. Now I exploded at the time and said never in my house!

Then I sat back and thought long and hard about it. So I gave him my blessing to do as he wished, he was a grown up, but not in my house. He was blown away, his friends too at my reaction. I always choose to look at these things with a different eye! x

Thanks for the replies guys.

He knows all aboyt the site, he is aware that I get things to test (but I don't go shoving them in his face), he was curious as to why I got so many brown boxes, so said I get lingerie and "essentials". We had a discussion about self pleasure, to which he shrugged his shoulders and said "yea I learnt it at school, women have rabbits!"

Just the fact he's rooted through stuff that is hidden and some in personal spaces like underware drawer.

I think he finds my openess a little embarrassing at times, but on occasions we've had a good giggle about stuff.

Think I'll buy him some of his own and pop it into his room when he's not there, with a note as suggested and have a firm discussion about going through my stuff.....just hard as I know why he did it.

i think you should tell him you found the lube and offer to buy him some of his own, if he doesn't know you know he's been helping himself to your stuff he's going to keep doing it thinking it's ok to do it

all teenager fellas I know have done it and some keep doing it even to this day even though they have there own money and access to websites such as this because it's free taking off there parents and there's no sense of it being bad since they don't get told it is by them. Just talk to him :)

Ozz wrote:

My honest opinion! don't say a word!!! Not a single word, you will only make him feel like he's done something grubby behind your back.

Buy him some lube and leave it on his bed! But my other advice would be to lock up your toys so that he's not tempted to do it again! You could purchase him a LH voucher for Christmas. He can buy his own masurbator and have fun. He' obviously wanting to try new things and why should'nt he!

Yes it's wrong he took your stuff and without asking, if it was anything else, then yes tackle him about it.

I found out a long time ago my son dabbled in rectreational drugs. Now I exploded at the time and said never in my house!

Then I sat back and thought long and hard about it. So I gave him my blessing to do as he wished, he was a grown up, but not in my house. He was blown away, his friends too at my reaction. I always choose to look at these things with a different eye! x

That is what I am worried about, I don't want him to feel like he's done something disgusting or taboo. I want him to continue exploring, as I think it's healthy, I just rather not know that he's doing it, lol!

I'll certainly be having words, regarding him mooching through my stuff.

Sadly, my flat is soooo small, there is nowhere to lock stuff away. I need to clear loads of stuff out of my room and get some new storage.

Will deffo buy him his own lube, he has condoms, but he's never had a keen interest in relationships. He's had a couple of girlfriends, but it's never gone further than kissing. I guess he'll discover all that in his own time and glad he's in no rush!

myghost wrote:

i think you should tell him you found the lube and offer to buy him some of his own, if he doesn't know you know he's been helping himself to your stuff he's going to keep doing it thinking it's ok to do it

absolutely agree ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)

Don't want him to think it's ok to go through peoples private stuff.

Fozzbear wrote:

all teenager fellas I know have done it and some keep doing it even to this day even though they have there own money and access to websites such as this because it's free taking off there parents and there's no sense of it being bad since they don't get told it is by them. Just talk to him :)

It's not something I did as a kid, I knew not to go near my parents stuff. I barely ever stepped foot in their bedroom, unless told to do so. Guess lads are different and that he knows the stuff is there, as he sees the brown boxes delivered so often.

He's currently no money of his own really, had his first job interview last week for a part time job for his days off at college.

Just sort of wish he was confident enough to ask, with me always being so open to him.

Yeah he should leave your stuff alone the cheeky thing he is! Well darling you seem to have answered your own dilemma, it's good to sound out a loud though yes!

Love how open you are with him! :) x

I would still change my toy box to one that you could lock! lol

Purring-Pussy wrote:

Fozzbear wrote:

It's not something I did as a kid, I knew not to go near my parents stuff. I barely ever stepped foot in their bedroom, unless told to do so. Guess lads are different and that he knows the stuff is there, as he sees the brown boxes delivered so often.

He's currently no money of his own really, had his first job interview last week for a part time job for his days off at college.

Just sort of wish he was confident enough to ask, with me always being so open to him.

Just this current generation I'm guessing. I'm a qualified engineer which makes quite abit not meaning to sound snobby but I'm at college now doing another engineering course and hopefully saving up for my own bit of land and farm. But yeah I've been there but as soon as my parents spoke too me I opened up massively and we talk about sex and relations all the time now so maybe it'll happen your end maybe not.

I wouldn't be too annoyed with him. I'm sure if it was anything else he wouldn't have behaved that way. It's such an embarrassing thing when your that age. I do think he will be less likely to do it again if you show him support and understanding rather then annoyance at the fact he took the stuff from you. As Fozzbear has said I'm pretty sure every teenager does it. My mum is a prude but had she not been I know I would have xx

Ozz wrote:

Yeah he should leave your stuff alone the cheeky thing he is! Well darling you seem to have answered your own dilemma, it's good to sound out a loud though yes!

Love how open you are with him! :) x

I would still change my toy box to one that you could lock! lol

Thanks xx

I have always tried to be open with him, with puberty and girls and such like, as I got nothing but negative stuff off my parents. Was never told anything, I had to learn stuff from magazines such a Mizz and Just Seventeen! When I started my period, I had no one to turn to. Told my mum and she just chucked a couple of coins at me and told me to buy my own sanitary towels, but if I use tampons, she knew I wouldn't be a virgin. IAfter a few months, I did try tampons and wore them, but hid them under my mattress in case she thought I'd had sex!.

I think I need about 20 boxes for my stuff! Or two shipping containers would be best!

Shipping containers lock atleast 😂

Fozzbear wrote:

Shipping containers lock atleast 😂

hahaha, yes they do! I need a huge clear out and therapy for my LH addiction!