Need some help and advice!

Okay, so let's just start with the fact that I'm quite young, but obviously starting to explore my sexuality... but I have a few questions...

I'm slightly worried about the sex toy I have just bought, it is a small 4 inch vibrator, and I've also ordered some lube, and I'm wondering if the packaging will be one of the big boxes or an envelope? I don't want my parents to become suspicious on what I have bought.

Also, how do I hide it once I've actually opened it and used it? I don't want my parents to be finding my things and reprimanding me for something that I've wanted for a little while now, I bought this using my own money and debit card.

Please help!

Claud x

Hey Claud,

I am a fellow living-with-my-parents-person. For an item that small, it may come in an envelope, or a small box, you will just have to wait and see. Whatever it is, just know that it is in discreet packaging: brown, plain box that looks like it could be anything, look on this link, all the info and pics are 100% accurate: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/plain-packaging/

Personally, I take my items out of the packaging, place them in my special sex toy box that I know my parents won't go in (though my parents aren't nosy anyway) and either spend ages cutting up the packaging into tiny tiny pieces so I can bin the box in our home bin OR (and I'm slightly ashamed to say this) flatten the packaging, go to a random bin in town and bin it there. Either way, it means there is no packaging for my parents to see.

As long as your parents aren't the sort that go rifling through your stuff, you will be fine, seriously. After the first few parcels, my parents barely acknowledge I have a parcel anymore.

Much luck and I hope you have fun with your purchase!

As to know if it's gonna be in a box on an enveloppe I think it doesn't really matter because in both cases the packaging is made to be discrete and in a way that nobody can tell what is inside.

From personal experience, I have only recieves things in boxes, but I always order around 4-5 things at least per order for the free shipping in my country so I can't really help you on that.

For your parents, would they really freak out if they found a little vibrator and some lube? I mean it's not something really extreme, especially for the lube, unless you're really really young and your parents don't want you to have sex (which isn't their business as long as you are careful). When I was still leaving with my parents I simply stored my lube and condoms together in the drawer next to my bed. I also got a cock ring that I "hid" in the same drawer but in a metal durex condom box as I knew my parents wouldn't open if they accidentally happened to open that drawer.

If you really want to hide those to prevent anybody to find them, even if they seek for it, you're gonna need to find a secret place in your room. When I was younger, I didn't put my money in a bank account and hid it behind my computer desk. It was made a way that there was a CD holder with a plank in the background right next to the computer space (both space had the same lenght), so there was all that space left after the plank and the opening at the back of the desk. You can try to think if you can find something like that in your furniture

Hope I may have helped you a little bit :)

On the storage note, buy some sort of zip up box where you can put a lock on it :) lovehoney do some, but you could probably find a similar box somewhere in a random shop if you;re only putting a small vibrator and lube in........

With out knowing which items in particular you've bought it's hard to say what your package will arrive in, i would hazard a guess and say your stuff will come in a medium box,

if you are going to be home when the package arrives assuming you get to the door first you can easily hide it in some clothes you want to take to your room, if not just tell your parents you sent off for a free sample it's not impossible that a couple of cans of energy drink could take up a medium box.
i usually manage to find a hiding place for my toys if you want something innocent a cosmetic bag would do the job. i actually keep the boxes my stuff comes in if your selling stuff on a well known auction site the medium boxes are just the right size for a pair of shoes

Cosmetic bag would work well. As it is only 4 inches you could also use a soft pencil case. Hiding spots are going to depend on what's in your room and how nosey your parents are. When i was living with my mum i use to have a bear on my bed that had a zip in the back (it use to be a bag but i removed the straps) and i use to hide stuff in there :)

You may want to get one of these lockable storage cases: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30924 and put your toys in that then put in in a clothes drawer with clothes layered underneath and on top of it to hide the box.

I would say, if they asked, that you ordered some books, or cosmetics etc. I do not know about your parents, but mine do not enter my letters or anything else arriving via post for me, if it still arrives to their address and not mine (E.g. I forgot to click mine own when placing the order).

Cosmetics, toiletries etc would easily cover any questions asked and how about a small lockable vanity case for storage ?

Thank you so much to everyone who has replied - this has definitely given me some confidence :)

I still live with my mother, but, as an adult, I’m largely left to my own devices. As far as sex toys are concerned, we're pretty open. She knows that I own them and also that I’m mature enough to recommend something for her if needed. I trust her to never open my post, of course, and there's zero chance of her entering my own living space without permission. Not all parents are like this, however, and I understand the struggle from my younger days.

I have always kept my unused handbags in my wardrobe. They are great hiding places for sex toys as they look so innocent and also have a number of zipped compartments to store any extras (think lube, batteries, cables, etc.) that you want to keep close. The great thing about this is that there's nothing unusual about owning a handbag, buying one, or keeping it in supposed storage while you're using another. Another bonus is that it's the norm for these out-of-service bags to be empty, meaning there's little reason for anybody, including but not limited to your parents, to go snooping.

I know that a lot of people have already helped, but I figured I’d add my own methods for the sake of variety.

Good luck!

Update! My parcel came today and my parents didn't snoop at all - they didn't suspect anything and I'm having a great time;) thank you everyone for your help!💖