Discontinued Reviews

Hi all,

I was a lazy and bad boy in the past and I have bought many things through this site over many years without getting involved in the community and leaving reviews. I have started now rectifying this and I am putting reviews up for everything that we have acquired (it's quite fun actually).

One thing I have noticed is that a few of the great things we acquired are now discontinued (although the links are still there). Is it worth putting reviews up on these items on the slim chance that they may be sold again in the future or is it a waste of time?

In fact one of our favourite (and most expensive) items we have bought off the site is no longer sold here (liberator ease black) and it seems a shame not to sing it's praises from the rooftops!

It's up to you, but I personally wouldn't. When something I have purchased is discontinued before I've been able to review it, I don't write it up. I focus on the things that are still stocked or those that are just about to be discontinued :)

There are reasons why you might want to review discontinued products.

Whilst the product isn't sold any more, it might help people researching such products, since google will still find the results. Also, it's more experience uner your belt if you are hoping to be a sex toy tester...!

It's entirely personal choice if you review discontinued items there is merit to it I have looked up specific toys in the past and one of the first results has been for love honey often the item is discontinued but there are reviews which helps in deciding if the item is worth purchasing elsewhere

I think I'll review the brand products then that are still available since some of them were really, really good and so I'd like to recommend them to anyone who wanted an opinion!

I'll skip anything lovehoney specific which is no longer available since it's unlikely it would be any use.

Thanks all :)

Sum Sub wrote:

There are reasons why you might want to review discontinued products.

Whilst the product isn't sold any more, it might help people researching such products, since google will still find the results. Also, it's more experience uner your belt if you are hoping to be a sex toy tester...!

Seconding this. The same applies to products LH stocks but you bought on other sites, I believe.

I personally would write the reviews if it is discontinued or no longer sold by Lovehoney

You just never know who you might be helping! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I agree one of the things that keep me coming back to Lovehoney is its reviews, occassionally an item gets withdrawn whilst on my wishlist and before I buy it but the reviews help me decide whether to track it down and buy it elsewhere.

This means I appreciate LH even more and end up spending more time here buying things.

Occasionally if i've got a problem with something that I've brought awhile ago but only just got around to using (happens alot) then I can look through the reviews and se if anyone else experienced the same issues (sometimes you can even find some protips).