Do you have a Sport that you do?

Do you have time for any university lectures? :wink::wink:

1 Like

I play and watch basketball. The Worcester (University) Wolverines were by far the best cheerleaders in the British Basketball League but sadly the team folded in the pandemic. Their Fireball routine was a classic .
Rumour has it they took turns to be Wolfie

2 Likes

Well I love most sports….and have dabbled in a lot of them.

Used to be a handy middle distance runner, enjoyed playing football, volleyball, cricket, basketball, hockey and many other sports when younger…

Bet you can’t guess what sport I ended up playing for many many years and then ended up coaching my kids (both girls as it happens)…

As always, the clue is in the name! :joy: :rugby_football: :rugby_football: :rugby_football:

4 Likes

Gotta love a man with odd shaped balls :grin:

4 Likes

I have raced motocross bikes since i was 4 years old, took a break from that when i was in late secondary school and took up horse riding and show jumping! Was very fortunate to compete at a very high level at show jumping and won a fair few national events. Was very hated in the sport locally because at a beginers level show jumping is very female strong sport, and they hated the fact a boy, slightly on the larger side aswel, was whooping their ass’s! :laughing:
But i was there to compete and not make friends! Then i knocked the horse riding on the head and went back to my true love, getting absolutely shagged and filthy racing motocross bikes on 3 hour endurances races! Wasn’t as sucsessful on motocross as horse riding but nothing can come close for the thrill as motocross! :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Did cheerleading when I was younger, as well as tap, ballet, and hip hop dance :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Sadly I have two left feet and am extremely clumsy so as I started getting older and the teams more serious about what they were doing I had to step back so as to not injure myself or others :rofl: Gym class caused enough injuries as it was :rofl:

4 Likes

I bet that sort was football then @RuggerBugger lol.

2 Likes

Currently just mountain biking. Luckily I have a fair few trails next to the house. Though I need to fit it in with my partners schedule which can be a bit tricky some times.

2 Likes

Nah I’m not really into sports but oddly at school I was always great at it like gymnastics and Olympic styled things plus running too

2 Likes

I used to Ice Skate 6 days a week I became very fit, that was some time ago now,

2 Likes

No far from me. In fact, we had our honeymoon. Lovely place & gorgeous weather so it was difficult to imagine the horror that had taken place

Over the years I’ve done mma, boxing and kickboxing, not to compete but mainly to keep fit and I love combat sports, also played a lot of football, now it’s mainly just going to the gym and running

4 Likes

Lol @Melody1 my balls are normal it’s me that odd Mel :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Cricket, both outdoor and indoor, golf (traditional and bedroom) and weight training.

1 Like

@Melody1 @Gazza_64 @steve19 Its really just about chasing an egg :rugby_football:! :joy:

3 Likes

@RuggerBugger the love egg or the cream egg? Lol

1 Like

Used to like watching football (soccer to US folk) but now will only watch stuff like Euros & World Cup. Love watching rugby (both codes - league is what I watched when I lived in Cumbria), 6 nations, world Cup, autumn internationals). OH was in 2nd row when he played. Tall b*gger he is

2 Likes

edited by mod A sport for gentlemen. Ref is king. Totally unlike football.
Keep chasing the egg. @RuggerBugger

2 Likes

I currently mostly ride adventure motorcycles , with a bit of fishing when I can . Whole body pretty much used up . When young I played American football ( broke my back ) , wrestled . I used to dirt bike and hillclimb motorcycles . I also used to drag race both cars and motorcycles . I was a scuba diver and after becoming quite good became a rescue diver . I used to hunt small game and upland birds . To build my back muscles to support my bad back I became a body builder . About that time a car hit me on my motorcycle and broke my neck . Then aggressively adventure riding three years ago , often it was so rough that that year the back lip of my helmet broke two of the plates off my neck vertebrae . The floating bone chips used to make terrible noises while riding , but they are quieter now . Whole body is pretty shot , will keep riding as long as I can !

2 Likes

I would like to think that chasing rodents around our house is a sport. Certainly our cats seem to view it as such: Intense bursts of cardio, the need for good hand-eye coordination, concentration and tactics, sounds like a sport to me.

6 Likes