Proper Olympics has started...

What run for Jessica Ennis, so much preasure on her to perform and she did it in style... Great start to the Heptathlon

Proper Olympics? I have been absolutely enthralled with what has been on in the last week!

But yes, Jess Ennis did amazing and a great WB (and she looks amazing too!)

All Olympics are `Proper'. I have also been amazed at our success so far. I havent watched alot of it, but at work they have a screen where we can watch the olympics, no sound though.

Alot of people prefer the track and field and I am one of them. But the rowing, swimming, gymnastics, judo have been fantastic.

I have the weekend free so I will be watching whatever I can when I can!!

TTurtle wrote:

Proper Olympics? I have been absolutely enthralled with what has been on in the last week!

I'm with TTurtle on this one, I'm never terribly bothered about the Athletics, it's all the sports you don't think about for the four years between Olympics that are the highlights for me. Yesterday, for example, I was absolutely glued to the Clay Pigeon Shooting.

I agree that Ennis looks fantastic as always. My own personal favourite sport though is the women's volleyball - there's something about the combination of tight shorts & knee pads that does something funny to me!

Oh dont bash me up ffs....... I know all the sports are proper sports but most people apart from you three regard the Athletics as the main part of the Olympics. I agree with you all and I've been watching on the edge of my seat for the last week.. Archery, Trap, Hockey ( which i love ), Beach Volleyball ( which everyone loves ).. Its all good but was just saying thats all

Just like i normally do, Mouth Open - Foot In......... How big should I dig this hole then ????

My own personal favourite sport though is the women's volleyball - there's something about the combination of tight shorts & knee pads that does something funny to me!

That proves one of my points Good lad

I love the olympics but some sports just shouldnt be there boxing tennis football sychronised swimming are a bit of a farce,,,, they are even talking of putting golf in it.

Team GB are doing great at the moment a ggreat effort from all.

stamford wrote:

How big should I dig this hole then ????

Shall we keep it topical & say about the size of the long jump pit?

The rowing has been a huge success.. Was cheering the 2 girls on yesterday in my office, people thought i was mental !!

afraidnotscared wrote:

stamford wrote:

How big should I dig this hole then ????

Shall we keep it topical & say about the size of the long jump pit?

Good idea matey, you measure it and I'll dig it

gunther wrote:

I love the olympics but some sports just shouldnt be there boxing

I actually totally disagee with you on boxing - not only is boxing the ONLY sport in the olympics where professionals are NOT allowed to compete, it was also part of the ancient olympics

Yes !! Another Sculling GOLD medal.. We beat the Aussies

Ork wrote:

Has anyone mentioned Jessica Ennis being hot yet?

She is proper fit... Fantastic stomach and not to mention that Arse

TTurtle wrote:

gunther wrote:

I love the olympics but some sports just shouldnt be there boxing

I actually totally disagee with you on boxing - not only is boxing the ONLY sport in the olympics where professionals are NOT allowed to compete, it was also part of the ancient olympics

They are going to allow professionals in but since the cubans are professionals already its a bit late. I like boxing as a sport and it should in principle be there but it is so easily fixed its a bit of a farce. There have been officials sent home and suspended already

double trap was the best for me, like shooting and nice to see the sport in the olympics and not being frowned upon :)

great win for our country aswell

Ork wrote:

Has anyone mentioned Jessica Ennis being hot yet?

On the subject of lovely Olympians - and at the risk of sounding like a dirty old man - I was suprised to have Georgina Cassar, one of the British Rhythmic Gymnasts, in my office earlier this week.

It's a sport I've never paid any attention to, but having met her I'll certainly be cheering them on next week.

(It's alright, she's 18 - I checked...!)

Jessica is cool but I think its a shame that female atheletes are judged by their looks, some comments about Rebbeca Addlington were a disgrace.

I think Addlington is very pretty tbh...

We got gold in the double trap Clay shoot!!

The poor girl stopped using twitter because of personal abuse her family now edits it out for her, its no way to treat a champion, i think shes cool to.