Do you play video games?

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

The Spirits Within is good if your just expecting a film. I have it on video and I just don't really get it. But not watched it in ages so might have to set the video player up again sometime, Lol!

My OH watched it and he liked it, but I was spending the whole time trying to piece it together with the games..

I think they had no intention of it fitting in with any of the games just breaking into hollywood

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

mac8391 wrote:

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

The Spirits Within is good if your just expecting a film. I have it on video and I just don't really get it. But not watched it in ages so might have to set the video player up again sometime, Lol!

My OH watched it and he liked it, but I was spending the whole time trying to piece it together with the games..

I think they had no intention of it fitting in with any of the games just breaking into hollywood

Prob why I couldn't get into it! Lol! Like I say, its alright, if your just expecting a film and no more.

Deffinatly agree which is why i dont think it goes down very well with fans lol just take that part of your memory out and watch it,it might work then lol External Media

you lot would all love red dead redemption plenty of mini games and challenges to do in the single player as well as the story line which is awsum. and you can do alot online as well u just dont have to do team death match, u can go hunting with your freinds, become an out law , do challenges its great fun

the graphics just make me want to cum in my pants excuse the expression

iam having so much fun i lost 5 hours last nite just hunting dwn wolfs

yea tht was it but hes a very funny man doug stan hope ive got a few of his sets down loaded

Speaking of online do you think that games should have a good single play game to back up the need to have a massive online universe i..e mordern warfare yes its wank worthy but i want more from the main game.

And what ever happened to split screen playing lol

Do you play video games? - When I can!

How old are you? And if you’re male or female? - 25, female

What console do you own? - None now, although I still have a Dreamcast floating around somewhere. Everything else got flogged at various stages, and I managed by leeching flatmates' Xboxes and such until I ended up on my own. Currently saving up for either an Xbox or a PS3 (haven't decided) just so I can play Sonic when it comes out, but don't see it happening in time. for now, the PC'll have to do.

Favourite video game at the moment? - World of Warcraft. Oh yes, I'm one of them.

Retro or new video games what you prefer? - Depends on the mood.

What is your opinions on video games even if you’re not a gamer be interesting to know? - They're great in their place. It does enrage me to see stories about how video games "ruined" a child or caused someone's death, like the lack of adequate parenting had nothing to do with it (last one I saw was a three year old who shot herself in the stomach by picking up the loaded gun left in her reach, safety off, unsupervised, and apparently it was "because she thought it was a Wii remote"...argh!). I think that of an evening if I have the choice between sitting watching the telly or playing WoW with some mates, then the gaming option is less anti-social, so why is there such a stigma attached? It's such a common thing now to be able to communicate with your friends while gaming that it's a pretty damn social hobby, as long as it's not replacing actually going out into the real world with them.

Do you think you'll ever grow out of them? - Nope. My step-mother was a gamer (still is, but only logs PSU now and then really), so I grew up with the idea that it's ok for an adult to play games. Then getting into LARPing meant a lot of my friends were gaming types, so I've been lucky to not really have people around who made fun of me for it, and see no difference between playing games and any other hobby. I also knit (yeah, I'm dead exciting!) but no one asks me if I'll ever grow out of that; I fence (or did, too far without a car to get to any training out here in the sticks), but that's acceptable. So why is one hobby more "for kids" than another? As long as it makes you happy, and doesn't start taking over your life and having a negative effect on you, then keep going. Only time a guy asked if I was ever going to quit the "silly kids games", I asked when he was going to stop watching "silly football". He didn't seem to get that it was essentially the same thing.

• mac8391 wrote:

Speaking of online do you think that games should have a good single play game to back up the need to have a massive online universe i..e mordern warfare yes its wank worthy but i want more from the main game.

And what ever happened to split screen playing lol

• excatly i often find games like that need more in the story. i mean the beauty of onlie these days is the delevelopers often realease new missions sumtimes but unfortunatly with cod its all about online these days which after got knows how many pissed up nites with mates its starts getting a bit reperitive point shoot run away point shoot ur Dead etc.
  • i really miss split screen going back to cod say if 4 of u r playing in the same room sharing the controller thats 40 mins till ur next go. halo was awsum for multiplayer u could take 3 freinds online with u on the same screen.

I think the first army of two game was split screen as well but its been awhile since ive played it.

The main issue i have with larger online based games is that for xbox owners you have to pay upwards of £40 for the games and then you have to pay for to microsoft to actually play your games online.

And with MW2 (ok im not the fastest person online) 2weeks after its out everyone seems to be on level 2billion and can kill you with a simple pistol shot to the pinky finger while your struggling to kill them with the biggest gun in the game lol

BashfulBabe wrote:

Do you play video games? - When I can!

How old are you? And if you’re male or female? - 25, female

What console do you own? - None now, although I still have a Dreamcast floating around somewhere. Everything else got flogged at various stages, and I managed by leeching flatmates' Xboxes and such until I ended up on my own. Currently saving up for either an Xbox or a PS3 (haven't decided) just so I can play Sonic when it comes out, but don't see it happening in time. for now, the PC'll have to do.

Favourite video game at the moment? - World of Warcraft. Oh yes, I'm one of them.

Retro or new video games what you prefer? - Depends on the mood.

What is your opinions on video games even if you’re not a gamer be interesting to know? - They're great in their place. It does enrage me to see stories about how video games "ruined" a child or caused someone's death, like the lack of adequate parenting had nothing to do with it (last one I saw was a three year old who shot herself in the stomach by picking up the loaded gun left in her reach, safety off, unsupervised, and apparently it was "because she thought it was a Wii remote"...argh!). I think that of an evening if I have the choice between sitting watching the telly or playing WoW with some mates, then the gaming option is less anti-social, so why is there such a stigma attached? It's such a common thing now to be able to communicate with your friends while gaming that it's a pretty damn social hobby, as long as it's not replacing actually going out into the real world with them.

Do you think you'll ever grow out of them? - Nope. My step-mother was a gamer (still is, but only logs PSU now and then really), so I grew up with the idea that it's ok for an adult to play games. Then getting into LARPing meant a lot of my friends were gaming types, so I've been lucky to not really have people around who made fun of me for it, and see no difference between playing games and any other hobby. I also knit (yeah, I'm dead exciting!) but no one asks me if I'll ever grow out of that; I fence (or did, too far without a car to get to any training out here in the sticks), but that's acceptable. So why is one hobby more "for kids" than another? As long as it makes you happy, and doesn't start taking over your life and having a negative effect on you, then keep going. Only time a guy asked if I was ever going to quit the "silly kids games", I asked when he was going to stop watching "silly football". He didn't seem to get that it was essentially the same thing.

i toatlly agree with you on this bashfull babe. if people cant make out reality from there games they deserve to kill them self. and no the child didnt think it was wii remote it saw a toy and picked it up. what was the fucking gun doing there in the first place in reach of a child. people r twats i enjoy Violence in video games doesnt mean i have the balls to go steal a car or shoot sum 1 in the head in real life. for christ sake the media iam killing computer sprites not real people. who cares if u can beat sum1 to death in gta with a double ended dildo i found it funny as hell. but then again iam sickand twisted person because i play video games

mac8391 wrote:

I think the first army of two game was split screen as well but its been awhile since ive played it.

The main issue i have with larger online based games is that for xbox owners you have to pay upwards of £40 for the games and then you have to pay for to microsoft to actually play your games online.

And with MW2 (ok im not the fastest person online) 2weeks after its out everyone seems to be on level 2billion and can kill you with a simple pistol shot to the pinky finger while your struggling to kill them with the biggest gun in the game lol

sorry mac i was 1 of those people sorry mate on mw2 but if u ever wanna play sum cod mite be up for it

yes online is gd but i play with my freinds more online who live far away. my freinds who live close by i prefer being in the same room have a few cans and a laugh while u play. but it is gd fun online

sexycornishcouple wrote:

mac8391 wrote:

sorry mac i was 1 of those people sorry mate on mw2 but if u ever wanna play sum cod mite be up for it

Lol i knew it sexycornish i knew there was something your werent telling me lol

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Not even 2 hours since this thread was made and we are on page 3 already! What a hit! Lol!

i know iam really impressed when i started it didnt think any 1 would really reply lol how wrong i was.

gamers rule

look iam an addict i have tried to find a clinc but its hard to find 1 that copes with sex, drink/drug, and video games addication all in 1 spot

mac8391 wrote:

sexycornishcouple wrote:

mac8391 wrote:

Lol i knew it sexycornish i knew there was something your werent telling me lol

yea in those first 2weeks i was top 50,000 players mark no idea what iam now

What about the love honey team. love to hear your views on this? any of u gamers at all?

i thought before richard looks like enjoys a good button basher

Do you play video games? yes not as much as i should tho!
How old are you? And if you’re male or female? 26 female
What console do you own? Wii, OH has a Gamecube, PS1 and a PC.
Favourite video game at the moment? wii fit
Retro or new video games what you prefer? my real love is for the PS1 my first ever console! Will always have time for point blank and theme hospital!!
What is your opinions on video games even if you’re not a gamer be interesting to know? always interested in new games and new technologies coming out. The wii is slightly gimmicky with it, but wii fit is just fab for getting me off my backside!
Do you think you'll ever grow out of them? Nope! If anything I might grow into them more!

x

if u enjoy the wii but find it a bit gimckey u should check out the videos on youtube for project natal for x box 360 but wii fit is enjoy able gd for getting u off ur ass but also fun with freinds ater a few drinks trying to do the tree pose lol

I'm not too fussed on computer games, used to play a lot but now I understand the futility of it all... I can't remember barely any of the games I've completed now...

I despise games that never end, you know were the point is to get the highest score not complete it? WHY? Why is that even worth playing? getting a score of 300 is no different from a score of 5000000000, except it costs days more. Games should have an ending!

I like Football Manager though, and that is technically unending.... I think it does end after 50 years or so... It does give me irrational likes/dislikes of teams and players though...