Does sex relieve covid symptoms?

I’ve been doing some research into the chemical release during orgasm, its know to relieve cold and flu symptoms so would anyone be comfortable to test it with covid, I suppose as long as both party’s had the virus should be OK, I suppose. Only asking as my parter has tested positive two days ago and thinking it’s worth a try.

1 Like

Sex increases white blood cells which is part of the immune system, hence some mild colds may not feel so bad post sex.

Covid is an entirely different ball game, risking getting infected to test a theory is a no no.

1 Like

Just speechless lol

2 Likes

Flagged as inappropriate. Promoting risk-taking behaviour

2 Likes

Seems a bit trigger happy to me?

The question, in my opinion, isn’t that daft, and considering covid is here to stay (24/03/22 being talked about for the end of any isolation when testing positive in the UK) and we need to consider it like the flue/other cold long term. Why one wouldn’t consider approaches that may be considered with other ailments?

That said, I had Covid 5 weeks ago, and would get breathless going up the stairs, so not sure i would have managed.

By now, I know lots of families who have had covid, including ours, and lots of them have kept on going as usual within their 4 walls. Some have isolated the plagued individual, not always with the success hoped for in terms of limiting the spread.

3 Likes

When I had it in 2020 I needed help to eat drink and get to the bathroom never mind have sex :rofl:

However even now with less severe cases it’s probably not a great idea to be getting that close to a positive case

1 Like

Not sure barrier contraceptive works for covid :wink: but if you’re both isolating could be worth a try.

1 Like

If it seems inappropriate, I apologise, its my fiance who has covid I had it 2 weeks ago, the omicron varient means she really isn’t suffering that bad but could help with aches and pains though! I do understand it’s a serious virus for some people but if others are getting it mild surely it could help!

My husband and I got covid at the same time…we were too tired to get past frisky. So it might have helped, but the fever got in the way

He also stated that his partner was positive not him, which kind of raises doubts and questions.

Not going into the complete technical explanation, Covid attaches it’s self to finer walls of the Lungs, if a healthy person has it they will more than likely recover over a short period. If you have bad lungs-Smoking, Asthma-Hx of Pneumonia, re occurring chest infections, COPD ect-your chances of a quick full recovery are lowered. Any Hx of Lung issues will be exacerbated by Covid, what maybe cold like symptoms to one maybe more severe to another. Which is why I said taking that chance of interacting with a positive covid test person is not a good idea.

2 Likes

Fair play to you both. The latter part was not directed towards you just could not be arsed to make a new post lol.

Was not trying to lecture any one including yourselves.

1 Like

Partner and i were positive within a day of each other. Both thankfully weren’t very ill all things considering (chronic asthma) Had sex when we no longer had fever and felt “better” and negative etc on day 9 or 10, can’t quite remember, but got very out of breath VERY VERY quickly. Breathing and oxygen levels absolutely fine beforehand and we weren’t going very fast at all. It was unexpected and very scary at the time. Be careful.

1 Like

During a cold I could happily still w*nk and orgasm and my snotters would immediately feel better. Although short lived, I definitely felt like an orgasm helped the situation!

I had absolutely no desire to do the same with Covid. Not only could I barely breathe for the first 4 days, I had absolutely no energy and the idea of even holding a vibe to my clit was horrible. I think that was the first time in a long time I hadn’t w*nked in like 9 days :scream:

4 Likes

My partner and I had covid at the same time! Fortunately neither of us really struggled with it. Oral was out of the question because I had a sore throat but otherwise our sex life continued as normal. It didn’t relieve symptoms, but didn’t worsen them. It was just lovely to have sex :relaxed:

3 Likes

Your idea’s have not been suggested by any news reports. I like @For_Your_Eyes_Only_x for saying oral was out of the question due to the sore throat. I bet oral would/could make the throat worse. May be cum would lubricate the throat? If that was your thing. Hopefully over time Covid become more like a bad cold so that far less people die of it. Its important we all get vacinated.

1 Like

We are both positive at the minute, I feel fine in myself, and still frisky, he is floored and just not in the mood to perform. I am 4 days ahead of him, but I had 1 evening where I felt exhausted, as he just down right floored by it, both triple jabbed.

I’ve continued solo secretly, I’m pretty sure he hasn’t done anything x

2 Likes

When I’m sick the last thing I want is sex (of any sort) as I feel so shit and can usually hardly breathe :sweat_smile: I haven’t gotten sick the last two years what with all the mask wearing and sanitization measures though so definitely not something I plan on testing just for the sake of it :sweat_smile: When I’m sick I try to just get plenty of vitamin C (and that’s not a pun, I mean the actual vitamin :rofl:) and try to go for a strenuous enough walk to start sweating, as that works the best for me :sweat_smile: Maybe sex could work the same with the exercise, but I usually hardly sweat during sex so I’ll stick to my walks and vitamins :rofl:

It’s true, the endorphins released during sex or exercise gives a positive boost to your immune to help relieve some cold/flu symptoms… I reckon it may have something to do with the oxygen circulating in the blood that helps the white blood cells to travel which is what heals us from illness. Not to mention when being active it encourages our airways to expand meaning those stuffy noses vanish for a while.

1 Like