Dont be shy guys, it can injure health.

An article on mens cancers, not an attractive subject but very important.

http://uk.health.lifestyle.yahoo.net/orchid-male-cancer-awareness-week.htm

Good thread

Men do need to not ignore things especially when it comes to there health my oh is terrible for it. He will rarely go to the doctors for anything

Wise up men lol

Good thread - I've copied the key symptoms from the article Gunther posted - I wasn't aware of most of them:

"...Because the prostate is a gland surrounding the urethra, the tube that passes urine, most issues begin with urination, including:

• Slow or weak flow of urine
  • Urinating more frequently or urgently than usual
  • Difficulty starting to urinate
  • Pain or burning sensation when urinating
  • Difficulty getting or maintaining an erection or pain during ejaculation
  • Constipation, altered bowel habit, or not feeling the bladder is completely empty

Other, less common, symptoms include unexplained urinary infection or pain in the groin, hips or back, blood in the urine or semen, and impotence.

As the NHS notes: “These symptoms do not mean you definitely have prostate cancer but they shouldn’t be ignored.”

The same applies to the symptoms of testicular cancer – the most common cancer in men aged between 15 and 45. The major symptom tends to be a lump, but what may surprise most men is that there very often isn’t any associated pain.

Again, while most lumps will not in fact signal cancer, it is vital to get checked out – not least because nine on ten cases are eminently curable.

Other warning signs of testicular cancer include:

• A dull ache or sharp pain in your testicles or scrotum, which may come and go
  • A feeling of heaviness in your scrotum
  • A dull ache in your lower abdomen (stomach area)
  • A sudden collection of fluid in your scrotum
  • Fatigue
  • General feeling of being unwell

Lastly, penile cancer is relatively rare, although it still afflicts 400 men in Britain yearly.

On the plus side, it is usually a slow growing cancer and, if caught early, chances of survival are high. It can develop anywhere on the penis, but most commonly strikes beneath the foreskin and on the head, or glans.... "

Oh and guys a friend of mine had breast cancer.....guys can get that too, I have two friends who had testicular cancer , both were treated successfully ( I dont think you ever say cured with cancer)

I have been worried about my oh for a couple of weeks as his testicle has been very painful when I am playing with them he goes to the toilet alot which i said to him that can't be normal he says its nothing and won't go to see the doc do you think I should persuade him it may be nothing but i can't stop worrying about it especially since I read gunthers post.

Great post Gunthar, and very true.

You take no risks with anything mentioned in the above posts. I'd just like to add too, any rectal bleeding, get it checked out - can happen at any age and is another potential "C" that is very very easy to nip in the bud.

Baffles me sometimes how some guys are too embarrassed to go and get anything "personal" checked out!

sashastream wrote:

I have been worried about my oh for a couple of weeks as his testicle has been very painful when I am playing with them he goes to the toilet alot which i said to him that can't be normal he says its nothing and won't go to see the doc do you think I should persuade him it may be nothing but i can't stop worrying about it especially since I read gunthers post.

sasha without a doubt he needs to see a doctor, of course it is embarrassing but doctors and nuses have seen it all before and in my experience are very tactful.

I must say, I can have a dull ache in one of my testies, but I not bothered about it, I been complaining about my hip with the dull pain there more then that! but I never seen a doctor and never will! as long I can eye, and move, and not blackout, I am classed as healthy!

I had a routine prostate screening a few weeks ago and it's just a blood test so nothing too invasive. They do warn that it does show up a certain number of false positives which would require further investigation but that's no reason not to get it done.

Most times you come across someone that has fallen victim to something like this they say they wish they had gone to get it checked sooner.

Props for such a great important thread.
My boss went to a funeral today for a guy who died from prostate cancer. We were discussing how breast cancer is more widely talked about, and I said that men need to talk about it and be more open. He said "no women just need to stop talking about breast cancer" -_- yeah I really don't think that is going to solve anything.
My uncle had testicular cancer and he left it untreated for a long time and it has spread throughout his body. If you notice ANY abnormalities GET IT CHECKED ASAP.

Catastrophic wrote:

Props for such a great important thread.
My boss went to a funeral today for a guy who died from prostate cancer. We were discussing how breast cancer is more widely talked about, and I said that men need to talk about it and be more open. He said "no women just need to stop talking about breast cancer" -_- yeah I really don't think that is going to solve anything.
My uncle had testicular cancer and he left it untreated for a long time and it has spread throughout his body. If you notice ANY abnormalities GET IT CHECKED ASAP.

Your boss is wrong, obviously! Men need to talk about prostate cancer/testicular cancer and being checked as much as women do about breast cancer.

Men also need to be educated to the same level as women are on breast cancer and being smeared. It's certainly getting better but still needs more.

My uncle died of prostate cancer but that was 1 of many things, at 93 his body quite undertandably gave up. There is a lady here I have known for 19 yrs, she has been treated for breast cancer, I am aware and she knows I know but there is no need to intrude on her privacy any more than asking how she is. Men will notoriously boast about their manhood and prowess but do nothing to look after it.

I would say the majority of women in any population have either a son a kid brother or a baby nephew and most have male partners or husbands. Women know about mens bits and mens sometimes strange hang ups about them. Men all have their mens bits, it is part of being a man just live with it, if there is a problem get it sorted. After 3 months in hospital being treated by mostly the opposite sex, medical staff have seen it all, they dont see it as a sex organ but an organ.

I have freequently felt as if I would die of embarrassment but if I had a problem with my genitals I certainly wouldnt do it for real I would get it fixed.

sexyfunboy wrote:

Testicular Cancer. This you may well have (but may well not be) if you find small pips on any part of your balls. Men you should have 2 balls . Although one is still fine if this is so to still have children. I am not an Doctor but had testicular cancer twice so now have none. Just rubber balls! but still enjoy sex. Almost as good but am still living and not dead because I went to a doctor. Turned out she was a young just traned Doctor so not at all bad ;). This is the easiest cancer to get rid of if you do not think it will go away by its self. It will not but small lumps on the balls may not be cancer so do not think you need to order your coffin just yet. If you do nothing just blame yourself not your family who will live without you if you are to much of a man to go to the Doctor.

Thats it

Thanks for sharing sfb