dont tell the bride?

Would you do it? Would you have faith your other half would go a good job?

I asked gf if she would trust me, she said only if I gave her the option to have a blessing with all the trimmings after 1 year in case I mess up. Plus we agreed I should just spend it all on a kick ass honeymoon

We did actually apply and got a call back and to go for interview we didn't go as The rules are very strick. They don't give you 12k you have to book everything through them . Also anything you want to buy its dttbs choice if your are aloud it. That's without getting the thumbs up from the venue ect to allow filming. I'm glad I changed my mind. I mean a man planning my wedding. Hahaha I might end up drowning him if he did it all wrong

Bloody hell, didnt realise how much you had to do x

So they pretty much tell the guys to behave like complete idiots, not too shocked

Ok rules and back staging aside, who would actually trust your partners to do this? And what sort of wedding do u think they'd plan?

I would totally trust OH! I know he'd plan a wedding of our dreams, we've talked about it a lot and have similar ideas :)

I wouldn't would probably end up much too fussy

I've always wondered if Don't Tell The Bride was fixed - because some of those men plan things which are so obviously NOT what their fiance would have wanted, the complete opposite in fact!

The show aside, yes I would totally trust my OH to plan our wedding. He knows me inside out, and we're both very similar to each other anyway so whatever he likes I always like too, we've talked about our dream weddings before and both had the same idea :)

I once heard 2 girls talking about it and how one of them had done the show and was saying that they make you try on a dress you don't like but you have to pretend you love it so that when he picks the dress you will wear it is the dress you want but you have to pretend it isn't what you'd pick.

It just doesn't feel the same when I watch it now as it makes me wonder if it is all just a big show and that none of it is true except the actual couple.

Im on the fence I doubt my bf could cope although my bf did do a fab job with my valentines pressie which completely shocked me

After hearing all this it definitely takes the shine off the show, dunno if I want to follow the series no...and I had no Iidea about this but did think somethìng had to be fixed

They would never leave it to chance, they need to have some conflict to keep you watching, or that's what they think. This happens on most reality shows

I would trust my o/h to do a good job he knows what I like and he also knows what would happen if he did something I didn't like ![](upload://rA41UoqYzU9yrgGiJUyzuRc98GV.gif)

If they all used good judement,taste and common sense there would be no programme! Of course it`s steered in a certain direction!

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

I once heard 2 girls talking about it and how one of them had done the show and was saying that they make you try on a dress you don't like but you have to pretend you love it so that when he picks the dress you will wear it is the dress you want but you have to pretend it isn't what you'd pick.

It just doesn't feel the same when I watch it now as it makes me wonder if it is all just a big show and that none of it is true except the actual couple.

Whaaaat ![](upload://kym5tZ5EfyJxs6TKHB1Q2HtGSpK.gif) Oh man, that's disappointing to hear. Although I guess reality TV shows are never 100% real! I think I'd have a hard time trying to pretend that I hated a dress I actually loved!

I would trust my OH, he knows exactly what I would like.

A low key walk int a regestry office possibly in Wales, dressed casual maybe me in a dress I have already, then a great honeymoon. For us a great honeymoon could be 2weeks on a boat on the norfolk broads, or a week in Wales. It's hard to see how he could get this wrong.

Boogaloo wrote:

I've always wondered if Don't Tell The Bride was fixed - because some of those men plan things which are so obviously NOT what their fiance would have wanted, the complete opposite in fact!

The show aside, yes I would totally trust my OH to plan our wedding. He knows me inside out, and we're both very similar to each other anyway so whatever he likes I always like too, we've talked about our dream weddings before and both had the same idea :)

I was going to go on it with my partner. We decided not to because of how fixed it was! They didnt want my partner to make any decisions for himself they constantly told him what to do. At one piont they said that he couldnt invite my side of the family! Per series they get approx 20 couples to marry yet only show half on tv. X

Bloody hell thats horrible nevens

I would, we've talked about what we want anyways. I was always sceptical of engaged couples not knowing what the other person wants, they must have discussed this at some point in their relationship?!

I still watch it though. But I prefer the Irish version, it seems much more genuine and there's less conflict!!