Door Swing

Just been looking at the best sellers list and came across this propping up the bottom of the couples list.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=13999

Has anyone tried such a thing? I have a couple of questions...

Neither of us are exactly skinny folks, but we're still well within the weight limits sets out, that being said, how difficult is it to actually climb into this?

and another thing I'd worry about, all the doors in my house have glass panes in them, would this cause any issues regarding safety with it?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, otherwise I'll just have to save my pennies for something like this one: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=12350

Sorry don't have one but I would say you need to be happy about the sturdiness of your door. Simple question, would you climb on your door? (if youu had such a notion!) If not then apply that logic to this! Have fun!

I couldn't contemplate using any kind of sex swing after seeing this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAVNCWF55sg&feature=PlayList&p=F1E32AB5B694C544&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=32

well the weight limit for it is 21st, so most people should be fine with that

i personally wouldnt trust something like this, unless i knew the door was solid and sturdy

if you do get it is there any way you could put somehting soft on the floor underneath it incase you slipped or fell?

It's not necessarily the door which is the issue, I think that the main concern for me would be the door hinges, what condition they're in, how strongly they're constructed, what they're screwed into, the length, gauge and condition of the screws, how they're screwed in, and the state of the door jamb and the door around the hinges.

For me, in this context the door itself almost doesn't matter compared to the hinge questions. :)

Yeah, thinking about it I think my doors would be too old n crappy for anything like that.

and after watching that video the swing looks even more fun! lol.

Lubyanka wrote:

It's not necessarily the door which is the issue, I think that the main concern for me would be the door hinges, what condition they're in, how strongly they're constructed, what they're screwed into, the length, gauge and condition of the screws, how they're screwed in, and the state of the door jamb and the door around the hinges.

For me, in this context the door itself almost doesn't matter compared to the hinge questions. :)

Hello Lubyanka.

A BDSM joinery expert, who better to hang your doors!External Media

You'd make a fortune!

SG69 x

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Hello Lubyanka.

A BDSM joinery expert, who better to hang your doors!External Media

You'd make a fortune!

SG69 x

Heh, not me, I just supervise from a comfortable position. Other people do the actual, you know, work. :p

Good point about the door hinges and frame Lubyanka, hadn't thought about that!

Lubyanka wrote:

Wow, almost crime perspective overview there, a good point campers those of you out there thinking of beefing up your door security from prying mothers in law etc. The frames are often the weakest bit of the door assemblies, so if you are looking to beef up your security please don't forget to do the same with the frame - London and Birmingham Bars will usually work.

Cheers TB

I love it. I sit in a comfy chair and point at this and that, and say stuff like "Oh, that'll never work, the hinges will fall off", and then you say nice things about me, yay!

Life is good in the comfy chair. :)

I saw that as well the door swing i mean, Was going to get it but decided against it for the time being as i wouldn't be home to try it out the second it turned up damn having to go to work!

As for the glass panels as long as no one is wearing heels while using it i don't see how that'd be a problem.... unless it was the front door and anyone in the street would see some ass swinging about!

front door eh, good idea.... even better, on the OUTSIDE of the front door! lol. Tho I live on quite a busy street and it would probably cause a traffic accident! lol

SecretlyNaughty wrote:

front door eh, good idea.... even better, on the OUTSIDE of the front door! lol. Tho I live on quite a busy street and it would probably cause a traffic accident! lol

See now i could probably get away with that as the road i live in is VERY quiet and there's no houses opposite...

Come to think of it, there are no houses opposite me either, just a big park.... maybe i should sneak in there one night and put a hook into one of the trees, so can sneak out there n hook my harness up! lol

Nexas wrote:

*steals the comfy chair*

Heh, how many times, I'm poly, there's loads of comfy chairs!