Doxy Wand... worth the extra cost?

Hi wonderful people of LH! I've recently fallen in love with the Doxy purple wand however at £150 is it really worth the extra? As well as intimate massage, I would invest for all over tension relief massage as I am a very keen dancer. Any advice greatly appreciated... it's a lot to pay out with cheaper alternatives out there so I want more than just the gorgeous purple that puts me in a trance!
Big sexy love 💜 x

I don't own a Doxy purple wand so I can't comment but if it has excellent reviews why not.

Before I started buying from LH, I had mine from a few online stores. In total I have 7 pieces. Why 7? They snapped after a couple of months - lost in power or not powerful, battery not charging (for wireless ones) and faulty speed control after a while. Average price per piece was £45.
After I decided to go for something that's expensive (£155) there's no looking back or regrets. Although it has only 2 functions (speed control and 4 rhythms selection) it serves hub and me well for 3 years and it's still in good shape today.

Hence in my humble conclusion, things that are reliable and durable are never cheap!

Hi PoleBe1990 I am fortunate enought to have a couple of wands to choose from, one of which is the purple doxy die cast that your considering.

Firstly, the doxy is great, very powerful, and the purple sparkle paint finish is delightful. But. . . Despite having one ascending vibration patern it really is a constant vibration wand. It's heavy not break your back heavy but for a sex toy, heavy. The travel/storage case is the best I have ever found.

But for me, your money would be better spent on this https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38128

I also have this, and it has many more vibration paterns, (which I really enjoy). It's not as heavy to hold/use, but it doesn't look as pretty as the doxy. I would store it in its box, as I'm not a fan of the travel case, but that's personal choice. Power is very similar, but worth noting the doxy turns on at half power, the Lovehoney wand turns on at low setting.

A third wand to consider is the desire wand, not mains powered, but Rechargable, so more flexible for use, and still just as powerful, but will need charging.

I have reviewed all three which you can read on the product pages or through my profile. If it's mains powered, I would chose the Lovehoney one over the doxy. Let us know what you decide.

I've got the Doxy Die Cast (https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33993) and the Lelo Smart Wand Large (https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=25284), so I can't compare it to cheaper alternatives.

I've bought the Doxy after I've become annoyed by the Lelo's battery's tendency to self-discharge. It's never ready when you want to use it unless you keep charging it all the time. The Lelo seems to have a problem with resonance – on some settings there seems to be an additional vibration inside the head.

I'm not very fond of the Doxy's case. Yes, it isn't badly made and it offers a good level of protection, but it makes the wand even more unwiedly and on top of that it can't be washed. The Lelo comes with a thick washable bag that seems to be made of .

Both wands are very strong, but the Lelo might be a bit stronger and it has a nicer surface. The Doxy seems to have a better build quality.

The main disadvantage of the Doxy is that it is not waterproof – I would a lot more comfortable during use if it was. It would make cleaning a lot easier, too.

I'd say, yes and no. The Doxy is a pretty impressive vibrator and is extremely powerful. It is also very pretty. I like that is has a wide range of speeds too. However, I've been supper impressed by Lovehoney's new deluxe wand https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=37263 even though it has a smallest range of speeds. It also start at a higher speed so keep that in mind if you need build up. Bonus: it's today's deal of the day! You can get it for £45 instead of the £120 for a doxy!

Hi everyone!

Does anyone use a wand for massage, as well as foreplay? How do you find it? Is it better than a hands on massage and does it soothe aching muscles?

Yes, We use it for massage as well as play. I suffer with really painful muscles/ joints and it really does get deep into the tissue, obviously the intensity varies according to the amount of pressure you use. I have the purple doxy and I use it on full power for playtime but curriously I find it works much better for massage on a much lower power setting xx

Check out the new smaller Doxy https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38977 Same great power but less weight and easier to handle.

Thanks Terri and Louise! Very helpful. That new Doxy does look fab!

I'm sure there will be more reviews soon

I'm a MASSIVE Doxy fan (seriously I should be on commission from them, lol). I generally recommend the Original or Number 3 over the Die Cast. The Die Cast is beautiful, yes, but it's basically the same as the original in all other respects except for being heavier and having a silicone head. The Number 3 has the silicone head of the Die Cast (yay!), all the power you'd expect from Doxy, AND is smaller and lighter than either of the other two.

Basically what I'm saying is, DOXY DOXY DOXY DOXY but get the Number 3!

Yes yes Hell yes. In my opinion there must be a reason pro-dommes buy the Doxy and I know a few adore them!