Dubious claims to fame

Never mind the time you won an Oscar or a Nobel Prize, were you on some obscure TV show or did you bump in to a C-list celebrity in Tesco?

The best I can come up with is being interviewed by a Belgian TV channel outside a football match but I have absolutely no idea why they picked me out. Whatever the reason, for those 60 seconds I was famous.

So what's your dubious claim to fame?

I had a photo picked as favorite on Autumnwatch of close up of a baby seal

I won a national competition in a popluar teen girls mag as an Avril Lavigne lookalike (note, I didn't really look much like her then and I really, really don't now! It's amazing what clothing and makeup can do!). But I got a free trip to London and a photoshoot out of it!

I was also part of a segment on The One Show where I was interviewed about human dissection at my university. Quotes from the piece also went into the accompanying article in the Daily Mail.

1 Like

Many years ago,I met canon & ball in a hotel. Had a couple of emails read out on radio, and met several radio one dj's. Also met a couple of models from nuts magazine. Not sure whichs oes though. One was blonde, the other brunette.

ive won national sporting events (gold, silver and bronze several times) in england and wales

ive had poetry published in a book

i've had a completed cross stitch sampler shown in the letters section of "cross stitch crazy" magazine

I once got my hair cut sitting next to Kevin Keegan. He was getting his done too.

Terry McDermott was waiting to go next!

Comical when you think nowadays these ponces would have to fly some Italian hairdresser in to give em a quick cut! :)

Had small parts in a couple of films as a teenager Unfortunately when they showed them on the silver screen i had been edited out

Here we go

I have met:

Jimmy "The Whirlwind" White

James May (twice, once working and at RIAT)

Richard Hammond

Jeremy Clarkson

Early 2000's Reading football club

^^^I met these when I was working^^^

Bruce Dickinson! (Was in london, bumped into him in the street!)

All of Kajagoogoo

David F. Brown (Photographer)

This is a very obscue one, but I once shared a boxing ring with 90's rocker Henry Rollins

1 Like

I got an A- on a paper from Uma Thurman's dad.

I saw Jamie Theakston looking very tanned in Soho last year.

OH! And I had a picture taken at Oceana with Bradley from S Club 7. Childhood dreams realised, right there.

The late great Bobby Robson scouting hotels for the Italia world cup in Genoa

Damon Hills backside as he passed me through Craner Curves

Steve McLaren (without Brolly) coming out of PC world

Ruth Maddock on Kings Cross station

I met Madness in Blackpool Weatherspoons once. They we're lovely!

I’m on the opening credits of Russell howards Netflix stand up gig from last year, amazingly the week before I went to see him I bumped into him at a football match and had a nice chat with him as we walked up to the ground

been on vox pops on a few news channels in US on holiday…