Famous people tenuous link / relationship?

Here goes I worked for the brother ( a proper old school gent ) of the lead singer of James , for a while I did know this until I asked him one day and true to form he is his brother , have you ever had a tenuous link to someone famous ?

So my link would be I working for the brother for the lead singer of James !

Your turn ?

2 Likes

We had a close family friend that lived on next street who was a relative of actor Russell Crow.

According to him Russell got a bit big headed once he found fame.

5 Likes

When I was a postman I used to deliver mail to Gordon Strachan ( Football player man united and manager) and Bob carolgees spit the dog fame !

4 Likes

I have mentioned this before…the original drummer of Dexy’s Midnight Runners lived in the next street to my mom, in the summer we could hear him practicing in his bedroom, his cousin was in my class at junior school.

I also went to Boy’s Brigade with the late Rob Collins of The Charlatans.

Alan Clarke and his brother Wayne both footballers went to our school.

John Barrowman used our bogs at work last year on his way to Liverpool, i walked right past him not recognising him!

A bit tenuous…my brother made the locks for the ship in Peter Jackson’s King Kong movie!

Another…my OH’s uncle laid a carpet in Rob Halford of Judas Priest’s house in Walsall! :joy:

4 Likes

@WillC there’s a few in there mate :yum::raising_hand_man::+1:

2 Likes

Yes, our locality has a fair few famous names! Rob Halford and Noddy Holder are from an estate a couple of miles away but i never met them!
The Charlatans are classed as a Madchester band, but the Collins bros are from my village.

2 Likes

I used to work for a college which was were Lemmy used go and he lived directly across the road from and on the same road is where Robbie from Take that fame , is where his mum and dads pub used to be , it’s still there but maybe not owned by them.

4 Likes

While working in retail I’ve served a few people, not massively famous though. Gave makeup advice to Louise Jameson who was Rosa Di Marco in Eastenders, served Isla St Clair.

At a different job, I served Linda Lusardi and Sam Kane. They had to return something too so I did at one point have their address!

Went out drinking with the Dropkick Murphys - does that count? :joy: they played a gig at the bar I worked at and wanted to go out after and we were all invited… the only place still open was the gay bar with all you can drink. Was a fun night!

Also processed mortgage applications for some famous / semi famous people in a previous job!

4 Likes

My husbands old cooking teacher was Jake Hunpreys mum!

3 Likes

@MsSubExperimenter they all count hun :kissing_heart:

1 Like

A woman I worked with once gave Fish a lift home cos he was too pissed to find his own way home

5 Likes

@woodstock2 what a legend Fish is

2 Likes

Too true

1 Like

@woodstock2 @Gazza_64 did you see him on Gardener’s World last week? My OH passed out in the bogs at a Fish concert once!

3 Likes

No missed that

1 Like

It’s probably on i-Player it was quite interesting!

My friends dad once installed Sky for Ben Dover !

4 Likes

I will add to save my limited street cred…i don’t make a habit of watching Gardener’s World! :joy:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with a bit of gardening world. Its how I spent my Friday night at home with the kids in bed lastnight :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m just not that into gardening! I only watched it because my mom told me Fish was on! :wink:

1 Like