Enema - DOs & DON'TS - urgent queries

Hello everyone, perhaps not the nicest of first topics, but after doing my first using the Clean Stream Deluxe Shower Enema Set (http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22625), I'm not sure how I feel about what I was doing and what just happened.

Apologies for any graphic details in the post but I suppose this is the place to ask if any.

Not as easy as its made out to be and I feel like the on-ste how-to guide is missing some crucial information. So I'd really appreciate feedback from both guys and girls.

So connected it up to my shower easy enough but the tubing just about reached from nmy shower controls to my ass. Thought I'd start by lying down, but then I was too far down to reach to turn the water off after 30 seconds or so. Same with lying on my side. If I'd had a willing partner to turn the water on and off, the whole experience would have been much more relaxing. Does anyone agree on this, or is in that fortunate postion.

Opted to get on my knees right under the shower control and put my head down and butt up as much as tubing would allow. Took 20 to 30 seconds on first go, 45 seconds by the third and final go on a steady warm temperature.

So I clenched when inserted and when pressure got too much pulled out and relaxed.
DO YOU make a point of pushing to expel the water each time or just relax after clenching and let it naturally flow.

DO YOU relube each time? I had to. Wasn't expecting this process to deplete my lube so much.

Third time I held longest and felt the urge to use the loo. Lots and lots of brown liqiod discharge and had to go three times before I settled.

DO YOU do it this way? -- as to my earlier question, if i pushed after each insertion surely the shower would get very dirty, this way it all ended in the toilet.

DO YOU insert again after going to the toilet? I read its good to insert until the water runs clear and lots of people saying they do4 or 5 inserts. Water was 95% clear while going in the shower, it was only after the third go I had to rush to the toilet and that would have made a HUGE MESS in the shower. Wondering if I then do it a fourth time to do a final clean after using the toilet.

(UPDATE) After a sufficent wait did it a fourth time. No mess in the shower but back on the toilet. Still a lot of brown but not half as messy. DO I really have to do it 5+ times until I go to the loo and all that's coming out is white water? Worried about re-inserting too many times, and frankly using too much lube, taking too much time. Has been about 80mins with the first 3 insertions 25/30 minute wait, back in shower, 4th insertion, 10 minute wait till using the toilet again.

DO YOU wait awhile before inserting again in the same session if you've had to use the toilet? I waited about 25 minutes for my body to feel normal again after quite a powerful evaccation

DO YOU or should you expect it to get less messy each time? Was quite alarmed at the amonunt of muck and that I had to use the toilet 3 times.

DO YOU do an enema the day of sex or half an hour/an hour beforehand if the situation allows?

DO YOU perform an enema every day/every other day if you're having sex evey day/every other day or is it more of a twice weekly thing.

DO YOU regulary give yourself an enema if you're not having sex for weeks on end? Once a week or more if it's only for general cleanliness rather than combating health problems, headaches etc

DO YOU feel like having sex after an enema? Do it solo was certainly not sexy in any way and 40mins later I still feel rather fragile. Does this change over time as you get more used to it? I suppose if you did it in the afternoon, only to eat an evening meal and THEN have sex might defeat the point somewhat.

DO YOU do this in bed? I've read about people lying on their beds to do this (the shower was NOT comfortable), but my bed is nowhere near a sink/shower and I can't imagine that could end well. Too great a risk of mess. Anyone do this successfuly?

DO YOU eat particular food the day before an enema, morning of? Again, I suppose this depends on how often you do them weekly/monthly, but would like to get your thoughts.

Understanding that everyone is different, I expect the range of answers to be illuminating and very helpful. I know it's not supposed to be an enjoyable experience, but maybe it can be?

Just hoping that hasn't put me off using my first set of anal beads tonight, or to any unfortunate mess due to feeling loose/fragile.

Many thanjs everyone in advance,

Tim

Can't offer any he!p with your situation or using the product but I'm wondering why you feel the need to do this ? We have anal sex very frequently, have done for years and have never had any mess and we've never used an enema or anal douche.

I'm not sure that messing about with your bodies natural rhythm in this fashion is a good idea x

Hi how are you?

Right firstly, I don't push no! I don't use a shower attachment, I use an enema bag system or douche. It just flushes out of me.

Yes lube as much as you have to! With the enema system I lay on ym side and hold as long as I can then jump on the bog.

So you could fill up and wait as long as you can and jump on the bog.

After dumping I use the douche straight away. Go with how it feels personally, if it's a bit tender, wait or go back to it another time!

It should run clear enough if you've cleansed! You need to remember that it get's built up in there in your bowel, and if you've never done it before then there's quite a bit that needs to come away! You may need to do deep cleansing a few times before it'll ever be clear!

I don't really want sex after no! not straight away any way!

I wouldn't lie on my bed no! I put a nice comfy towel on the floor and lay a while.

I don't douche or otherwise every day no! it would kill my IBS, but I keep clean as much as possible because I have a lot of anal play and sex. I haven't had anything come out yet!

I eat light any way, but eating light a day or so before doing it I would think is safe to say.

Hope that helps!

I tried using a shower enema similar to that one when we first got into pegging but gave up in favour of using a douche which I find actually does a better job and far more conveniently. If you are going to do the port-star thing and take a donky-cock sized dildo that goes beyond the rectum and into the large intestine then OK an enema is the only solution - otherwise a douche (which delivers about 150ml of water at a time) is great.

Silicone lube is useful for douche or enema as it is sufficiently water-proof to last many insertions.

My main issue with the enema is that even if you put in several litres of water, expel and repeat and repeat and repeat it seems to take forever to get it to come clean and (sorry to be graphic) damp shit would still sometimes run down into my rectum and leave me less than clean after all that. Then there is the tendency (even with an expensive thermostatic shower valve) for the water temperature to vary too much with the flow rate changes (and a sudden influx of cold water can hurt like hell)

Firstly, thanks for these responses and taking the time of going into detail, helping to put things in perspective!

@Terri JJ I've had Anal 100+ times before using this and maybe 10 times there's been mess, 5 of which was miniscule and we only saw after the act was performed, though 5 or so have been the kind of mess that just ruins things, and though it usually happens once in a blue moon, it occured twice recently, leading me to purchase this. Not sure if it's sdiet or the size and girth I'm taking (large at 8 inches), but have recently wanted to try and ensure this doesn't happen again.

@Ozz, very helpful thanks. You're right, I may need a few deep cleans first, but wondering if I should do that tomorrow and the next day or spread a few days apart/once a week? So you don't douche every day but given that you regularly have anal play, can I ask how regularly you're doing it? Still trying to work this one out.
Are you on the toilet after each insertion, or you just try and do as many as you can before you need to go. I'll try and use right after the toilet if possible.

@Gyrator53 Tends to be larger insertions with a partner or going solo, hence why I went with this which has two sized heads, so may try the Douche-style shorter one next time. Yes, it did seem to take foever today and can't say I got it near to clear, but didn't want to overdo it the first time. I'm using water based lube, so silicone may be the way to go away from the bedroom! Always been water-based before, any you might reccomend?

Thanks again everyone, and keep those pointers coming!

The bulb style douches use much less water than the amount you're likely using, and only cleanse out the immediate area, which is generally all you'll need to clean, even for penetration with larger things. When you start cleansing deeper, you're dragging things from much further in your system, hence why it feels like you can just keep going and going. If I douche, I use a bulb, and empty on the toilet after every fill. It takes sometimes 4 or 5 times to clean out completely, but it only takes a few minutes in total to do. It's best to wait 45 minutes to an hour after douching, in case any fluid has gone further up and needs to come away. Generally though, most people, if they eat a good, fibrous diet, will find that, providing they've emptied their bowels beforehand, anal play is fine without any internal cleansing. Obviously, as soon as you add water into the mix, you've a potential to water things down and actually cause more of a mess. I wouldn't douche too often

Foxxy wrote:

The bulb style douches use much less water than the amount you're likely using, and only cleanse out the immediate area, which is generally all you'll need to clean, even for penetration with larger things. When you start cleansing deeper, you're dragging things from much further in your system, hence why it feels like you can just keep going and going. If I douche, I use a bulb, and empty on the toilet after every fill. It takes sometimes 4 or 5 times to clean out completely, but it only takes a few minutes in total to do. It's best to wait 45 minutes to an hour after douching, in case any fluid has gone further up and needs to come away. Generally though, most people, if they eat a good, fibrous diet, will find that, providing they've emptied their bowels beforehand, anal play is fine without any internal cleansing. Obviously, as soon as you add water into the mix, you've a potential to water things down and actually cause more of a mess. I wouldn't douche too often

This is what I was thinking, too much water or squirting the water too high up can stimulate more and more bowel movement as opposed to clean out any residual mess.

If you've had problems with mess, honestly your timing is probably more important to work on that using a douche or enema. Making sure you've had a bowel movement and then leaving it 30 minutes to an hour should mean you are mess free. With the amount of mess you're describing I'm guessing you either hadn't been going as regularly or you had anal sex too soon after/close to needing a bowel movement.

I would try using less water and not inserting the nozzle quite so far to see if you can get the technique down with your current kit. Using the douche nozzle sounds like a good idea. If it doesn't work out, I'd honestly grab a bulb douche as they seem a lot more user friendly for beginners as there is only so much water in it, you can't overfill yourself in the same way you can with a shower powered one. Like Foxxy said, you don't need the deep clean of an enema for anal sex so a douche would get you clean enough without overstimulating you inside. It would also be less damaging to your digestive system to use a douche for a more superficial clean, so to speak. Regular enemas are a no no for healthy bowels.

Have you had a change in diet recently that could be leading to the mess? A sickness? There could be something dietary to sort out as well, considering this is a recent probem.

As for the silicone lube, I use Pjur original. You only need use very little so it lasts for ages.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=359

Again, all these responses are really appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.

@Foxxy Makes you wonder what the Enema kit is really for if the right douche will cover all things sex-related needs and even larger penetrations?

Which bulb model do you use? Are you using a full bulb each time before going to the toilet? Are you inserting over the toilet or in the sjower/on the floor. I ask because having cerebal palsy makes finding the right position doubly difficult and wondering if I can mimic your process which sounds quick and easy.

And once more, I've got too ask, how often is "not too often"?

@Lovebirds_x Yes, I'll pay more attention to timing. Certainly guilty of doing it right very soon after dinner, during which time I normally use the toilet anyway.

I'll try the smaller nozzle, really hope this works to save wasting money, however, it still needs to be done in the shower.

Interesting you bring up diet as I've made some pretty drastic changes in the last couple of weeks, we'll have to see how that goes.

@Gyrator53 Thanks for the reccomendation!

All this advice has been super useful, but would really like to hear from those with Enema kits and get a range of answers to how often you use it? Ditto with the douche. How often is too much. Some specific figures would be useful for others I'm sure.

How often would you enema/douche if you were having sex every day/every other day?

How often would you enema/douche if you were having using Anal toys every 3-4 days?

How often would you enema/douche if you weren't having sex for weeks/months on end and maybe toys once a week?

Looking forward to your answers.